What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

LoriMistress

Original Poster
I know this has been done several times, but I though it would be nice for us to remember the positive of being in the parks. I'll write a few experiences that has gotten me teary-eyed.

On our first trip (our honeymoon) back in '03. We were about to leave our room at ASMu to head to MK on our first day in the parks. We were about to leave and I started to cry. After months of planning, saving, and the years I've pined of visiting WDW, we were finally there. I started to cry (tears of joy), that we were finally on our honeymoon, and we're in WDW.

Riding PPF, for some reason I get teary eyed. But I always cry on our last day/evening in the parks. When the park is closed, and walking out of MK, it always gets to me. I get teary eyed when watching F! (when you see Snow White's float), Mickey's Philarmagic, Wishes, Illuminations, etc.

rodserling27

I get up watery-eyed at the conclusion on Fantastmic!, mostly due to the music. EVen in the right circumstances, when I'm listening to the music in the car or whatever, I get all welled up.

Mickey's Philharmagic got me last time I saw it(weird, huh?).
The other thing that gets me (sometimes) is the opening fanfare and main melody to The Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm hoping the same chills get me when I see it live in a few weeks, even though I don't like the new music:lookaroun

scpergj

I get up watery-eyed at the conclusion on Fantastmic!, mostly due to the music. EVen in the right circumstances, when I'm listening to the music in the car or whatever, I get all welled up.

Mickey's Philharmagic got me last time I saw it(weird, huh?).
The other thing that gets me (sometimes) is the opening fanfare and main melody to The Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm hoping the same chills get me when I see it live in a few weeks, even though I don't like the new music:lookaroun

We last way the Main Street Electrical Parade in April 2001, when our son was 3 - he doesn't remember it. I cannot wait for him, and our 8 year old daughter to see it. Seeing their faces is one of those things that get to me...

The Peace on Earth tag gets me every time.

Yeah...been there, done that. Even more so this last year when Mom visited with us.

MillerPoppins

Wishes...every time. And I'm not a big fireworks fan, but there's something about down there that gets me.

Leaving MK, knowing it'll be a bit til I come back. Walking out of One Man's Dream. The music from Illuminations. Kills me!

adv.bluedude

I'm hoping the same chills get me when I see it live in a few weeks, even though I don't like the new music:lookaroun

Im not the biggest fan of the new music for it either. Last I heard it, it sounds pretty close to the original. I thought it would be much worse

I think for me(though it's not technically in the parks) i tear up a little when i hear the finale music from the Jeremy Iron's version of SSE. That and everytime i hear "Space" from Horizons

LucyintheSky

The Peace on Earth tag gets me every time.

That's my big one. I've seen that more times than I can count, and it gets me every stinkin' time. And I'm not talking about merely tear up, but sometimes I get full on sobbing. Even when I watch it on video. :shrug:

Also the Golden Dreams part of the American Adventure, Philharmagic, the finale of Fantasmic, when the train comes in during the Opening show, walking down Main Street in the morning, and also the beginning of the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party. (I know I know, that one's weird- but I have a personal emotional thing with that. The first time I saw it was my birthday when my family and I were going through a rough time. I was only able to be at the park because of the Birthday promotion, and was feeling really grateful just to be there, then I stumbled upon that show... now I love it and always will.)

ShadyLady

Last year at the Princess Storybook Dining in Akerhaus, when Aurora came across the room when she saw my 3 year old standing on her chair in her Aurora costume. She came directly over to her with a huge smile on her face and exclaimed "my little twin" as they embraced. It was the most magical experience we have had.

durangojim

Watching my 4 year old son walking down Main Street holding my 2 year old daughter's hand and him turing to her and saying "I love you Katie" with a big smile on his face after which they both gave each other hugs.

3 hours later she was hitting him on the arm because she wanted some of his ice cream.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom