What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

Soarin2u

• Being on Mainstreet USA when most of the park has filed out and hearing the kiss goodnight one last time.
  • Riding under the archway for the first time during a trip.
  • Then hearing the Soarin theme song (Gets me out of the parks too)
  • And then seeing little girls dressed up and meeting their favorite princess.
  • Then Wishes! (Duh...)
  • One Man's dream never fails to get a tear

FigmentPigments

Yeah, he's like the heart of the park.
Walts voice if you will.
I probably feel this way because he was a big part of the (forgive me if I get the title wrong) Magical World of Disney tv series when I was a kid.
That tv show, the music and opening montage meant so much to me.
I never did get to see the TV show :(, but he is like Walt's voice. I'm so glad you pointed that out. Jiminy Cricket is all the good I think Disney is, wrapped up into one voice.

Incomudro

I never did get to see the TV show :(, but he is like Walt's voice. I'm so glad you pointed that out. Jiminy Cricket is all the good I think Disney is, wrapped up into one voice.

Thank You.
I'm 52, so I was able to view the tv show.
Jiminy Cricket was (to my memory) often a narrator of segments.
So yes, he had that soothing reassuring quality Walt had.

Goofyernmost

I don't believe that Walt was ever the voice of Jiminy. The original voice was that of Cliff Edwards.There have been a few people that did the voices after Cliff Edwards passed away around the early 70's. Walt did voice Mickey in the early days, but, from recordings there was nothing soothing about that particular screechy adaptation. The Uncle Walt voice was the one we heard on the shows. That was so reassuring that what we were about to see would be spectacular. He could sell refrigerators to Eskimo's.

However, keeping up with the thread the only time I tend to get emotional is when I am looking at an item I'd like to get and then I get to the price tag. That makes my eyes tear up a bit. ;):joyfull:

MadMax11

The plane home :(

Pretty sure its going to be a completely different experience doing my honeymoon in May

Got engaged at the castle over dinner...had our honeymoon at WDW as well. My parents are DVC owners, and my wife and I had zero money to our name, as I was in law school and she just started teaching....so they gave us points to stay there.

When I'm there now, especially as we get ready to leave, I'm very conscious of being there with her and how much a part of our story it is, before and after we had our 2 sons. Very aware that none of us is guaranteed tomorrow, so as we spend our last night there, at whatever park (usually MK for the last night) I always think about how many more trips I may have there with her and our kids. That chokes me up a bit.

Best of luck to you, and make great memories!

bjlc57

for me, its WHAT DOES NOT GET DAD TO CRY.. when we took my kids and their husbands about 18 months ago , they took bets how many times a day will Dad cry? they stopped counting at like 30... Dad cries a lot at WDW.. He has never had a bad day at disney..

Disneydreamer23

Taking My daughter and when she is so happy and meeting her favorite characters I cry. The First time we took her at 15 months we watched the castle show and I used to play it for her as a baby all the time it was one of the only things that would calm her down. She eas so excited and I cried like a little baby, this Year When I bring my Son for my first time he will be 11 months I will be able to see it in his eyes too and I can't wait.

Goofyernmost

Back in 2002, about a half year after my divorce became final, I made a solo trip to WDW to try and cleanse the palet. The previous two years had been nightmarish with major changes in my life that I wasn't prepared for. Financially, emotionally and just hit by a truck feeling. I knew that the marriage of 29 years was close to over and that didn't bother me as much as the question of 'what now'? All my life I had planned on being married and walking through life with that person. I was too old and fat to attract anyone and wasn't even sure that I wanted too.

That trip to WDW was the lowest I had ever felt in my life. I would sit on a bench (like Walt did) and remember all the good times with my family and felt that it was all over. I had no one to share those memories with and it was just almost debilitating to even think about it. That was when as I have said in other posts that I went to CoP and Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was blaring away. I thought to myself that it was such an opportune time to be hearing that and then it came to me that I was my own worst enemy standing in my own way of making changes that were needed. I resolve at that point, somewhere on Main Street USA that I was going to fix that.

I went home and directed my energy on making a new life. A new occupation, a new attitude. It worked. I started correcting all that was wrong and less then 10 years later I had built myself up a savings that was sufficient to allow me to retire and move to North Carolina and be with my daughters. The only thing I'm battling now is aging and that cannot be won in a good way. But, I am able to just accept that this happens and I should do the most that I can to keep myself going for as long as I can.

As for the tearing up... No, I did have a bad case of self pity, but, when the different wave hit me it was more of a feeling of purpose and direction... not something that I would cry about, but, certainly something that was an emotional highlight of one of my trips to WDW.

Last edited:

Tay

Just being there honestly. My family on my mom's side use to take a trip every January since I was born to MK or Uni . My mom's family is very cheap and we haven't been to MK since Memorial Day 2012. The last time we went was 2009 when they were giving out free tickets and I didnt enjoy it at all. All my siblings got along that Memorial day and my siblings who act older than me (I'm the oldest) were acting like kids. I cried at the end of the day and at night.

Now my family has opted to go to cheaper theme parks or stay at the hotel and go to the pool. Thanks to my annoying twin siblings who watch Disney Junior everyday and see the theme park commercials , my parents are planning a trip this year just for us. Not only that we're finally going to other parks besides MK. Well we were but when my dad finds out that AK and DHS only have 12 rides combined and Disney wants $260 per person for a 2 day ticket and park hopper and we're a family of 8 we'll probably just go to MK and Legoland . Regardless I'll be happy.

brb1006

I don't know why, but am I the only person who gets a little bit sad when you see a character leave the meet and greet area for a day? It's kinda of a bittersweet feeling to me.

MalMeansBad

Every single time I see Wishes I cry. I truly believe it is just a magical moment. Same goes for the moment that Walt appears during the projection show. I also have a tendency to tear up when I close the park, especially when I am with my father.

disneygeek90

When it comes to Disney, I'm a huge softie.
Teared up during the BaTB show in Hollywood last month. When Beast says "at least I got to see you one last time." Please stop.
Wishes. Easily.
Fantasmic.
Nemo show in AK always gets me at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom