What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

Herdman

I almost always tear up at the opening show at the MK. Just being fortunate enough to be able to be there and to have my family with me. It gets me every time.

bub72ck

My wife's grandfather started taking his children (my mother in law and her sisters) to DL in the 60's and to WDW in the 80's when they moved east. Her family are HUGE Disney fans and have turned me into one as well. Her GF passed away from cancer last August and our last trip to Disney with him was a few months earlier in February. We watched Wishes from the ferry terminal on our way out and my wife watched her GF and she felt like he knew it was the last time he would ever see the WDW so I think the show stuck with her.

We are going for our 10 year anniversary in a few weeks and I booked dinner at California Grill right after Wishes. With the intention of watching the show from CR, she teared up just by me telling her. I am sure it will be an emotional but happy time for her when we are there. As for me, I get emotional when our 4 year old meets talking Mickey. He is so over the top excited to get to talk to Mickey and the joy on his face is irreplaceable.

rob45

On our last day we spent it at the MK, when we leave the park I always turn and get 1 final look down Main Street and say good bye, see you soon!

psherman42

The first time I cred at WDW was after Wishes when I was leaving MK for the last time before heading home from my first CP. After four months of being able to visit the parks whenever I wanted, it was surreal not knowing when I'd be back.
The second time was walking back to the bus stop at MK after saying good bye to my two best friends the night before I moved back to Wisconsin after a year and a half in Florida. I made it over 10 hours at MK, including Wishes without tears, but saying goodbye to them was so hard. I didn't even care that everybody on the bus was probably judging me.

righttrack

I almost always tear up at the opening show at the MK. Just being fortunate enough to be able to be there and to have my family with me. It gets me every time.

Me too. A reminder of how fortunate we are to have family and this great place to share together.

disneygeek90

Thought of another several days ago, Festival of the Lion King always gets me emotional. Not sure why, I guess deep down it's the songs I grew up with. What really gets me is when they have the kids walking around the stage at the end. Seeing how thrilled they are really gets to me (and I don't even like kids all that much).

danyoung56

They absolutely will change it. Maybe they'll keep some of the main theme. But so much of the current music goes specifically with each scene, and the scenes in the new movie are going to be vastly different. Can't wait to hear it, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom