What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

Candlejack

The end of the DME video when you're leaving...

"M-I-C, see ya real soon! K-E-Y! Why? Because I like ya! M-O-U-S-E~!"

That's a guess as to what he says. I usually can't hear because I'm smushing half of my face into the window, trying to hold back tears and avoid looking like an idiot (which probably makes me look like more of an idiot). :lookaroun

RedBaron

This is the first time we will be going with the kids so I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot more crying this trip than I usually do. I know I am going to loose it when we go to the Magic Kingdom and I see their faces.

John

It dosnt take to much for me.....by the time I leave for the airport I have worked myself up to such a frenzy....that just thinking of certian things make me tear up....

The ME trip going to and leaveing my resort are always a que to start the water works.

The first time I see a picture,statue or any resemblence of Walt....Dosnt matter where....what or how.

My mother (CM) waiting for me at the gates at MK on my first day. I could save alot of money by staying with Mom...but really enjoy the entire Disney magic by staying on property.

Reading some of these post fill my eyes. Its nice knowing there are individuals that know what I feeling. I am a TA like the nice people here from Kingdom....We have the ability to vacation at a discount most anywhere we want. I choose to go to WDW....my 15th trip comes in 35 days.

I tear up during the Spectromagic Parade a littlebit.

More than emotional I get goosebumps alot. Park entry music does it to me. Seeing the statue of Walt and Mickey. The Monorail and Bus voice over. The check in counter when they say "Welcome Home". Actually I'm getting a little weepy eyed now. I am such a wuss.

magicmaya

I saw New Years fireworks at epcot for the first time. They were very...eyepopping...AMAZING! The gun powder was so strong that my eyes started to water... :lookaroun

magicmaya

Watching my 4 year old son walking down Main Street holding my 2 year old daughter's hand and him turing to her and saying "I love you Katie" with a big smile on his face after which they both gave each other hugs.

3 hours later she was hitting him on the arm because she wanted some of his ice cream.:lol:

That just got me choked up and those aren't even my kids...I'm a kid, myself. :lol:

Uncle Lupe

Well I could go nuts and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers but more than likely I will just deal with it and move on.:D

So much for the insanity plea at your trial, now it is pre-meditated.

bluewings

I've never actually cried at Disney World, but plenty of things have given me the chills. Like many of you have already said, Wishes and Illumination do it every time. The first time I spot the Monorail, the entrance of Magic Kingdom with Mickey's face in the plants and the Magic Kingdom sign right behind it, a lot of the background music, and of course spotting Goofy for the first time.
I've never cried while there, but the next time I go it will be with my niece who will be turning 4 soon. So if the tears are ever going to come it'll be then, watching her enjoy the World for the first time

bkheart

The opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom-does it for me and my family!29 more days and the whole family will be together in Disney World. First time in close to 20 years that we will all be there-How cool is that?:sohappy:

wvdisneyfamily

1. Hearing the lobby music at the WL for the first time each trip.
2. The MK good morning show
3. Wishes
4. American Adventure
5. Illuminations
6. Last night on Main Street
7. Seeing happy people around me making special memories

I can only imagine how much I'll tear up when I take my son for the very first time.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Spectro Magic, Wishes, Tapestry of nations,the Top of spaceship Earth ,seeing the Fountain of Nations for the first time in 2 years and Sometimes illuminations but I kind of got tired of it. I dont cry or tear I just get the chills. I had to hold it in at the 25th when they started playing we Just Began to Dream and the classic music. After that was a close one because they had the Epcot Center sign come up in the laser image on Spaceship Earth.

Mrs.Toad

Seeing any image of Walt - dedication, creativity, genius - his desk on display gets me every time

Taking the boat from the GF over to MK

Walking down to TOT and hearing the 30's music

Passing Starring Rolls and the Derby (love the 30's) it just gets me for some reason - like Clark Gable is going to walk by or something

The part in the montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride of Gone With the Wind

Circling Epcot before entering on the monorail

Walking closer to Spaceship Earth

Leaving Future World and walking to a part of the park where you can see all of World Showcase spread out before you

Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure - I think of my grandfather, patriotism, the truly good things about being American, and our brave troops

Walking out of France knowing I was leaving Epcot for the last time until the next trip - I believe i murmured a corny "au revoir" and had a Carrie Bradshaw moment for a second there

finishing a bowl of cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier and knowing that your food is coming and you should not order another - painful

rkelly42

Watching illuminations, especially on the last night that we are there. One of those moments you never want to end.

SMike88

I had this very thing happen twice in our week at WDW! My girlfriend had never been to any amusement park, let alone something on Disney's level. We have been talking about getting engaged and married in our near future and my idea before the trip was to MAYBE propose to her during Wishes. We both agreed that it would be too soon to start that chapter in our lives, but it still will happen at some point! Needless to say though, the two times we saw Wishes this week I had a bit of trouble holding it together, which made my family and my girlfriend think I was sad about leaving WDW, but when I told them that it was my original plan to propose during Wishes, they teared up too... now I can't even talk about it without feeling the same way again. My sister even asked me why I cried last night at Wishes, and that mae me start tearing up all over again!

Raven66

Reading some of these is making me tear up.

I cry watching Wishes while sitting in the street with my daughter and husband.

The first time I cried was in 2002 and we took our daughter for her first time (she was 5). She saw her very first character and she just ran up to him and threw her arms around him. It was Captain Hook and she wasn't scared a bit.

I cry too when I see the arches. But I have to hide it because I don't want anyone else on the bus knowing that I'm bawling like a baby.:D

brb1006

This might not be related, but for some reason seeing old videos from Epcot back in the 80's and 90's of guests meeting Dreamfinder and Figment made me tear up for some reason such as this video for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom