What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

DisneyDukie

Ok... just reading all of THESE made me tear up (my husband just looked over at me and asked - rather alarmed - if everything was ok. Happy tears, honey, happy tears). So many people have said the arches when you drive in, and that gets me, too. In fact, I always send a picture of the welcome arches to my mom as we arrive, and she and my dad do the same on their visits.

GVentola

Many different things set me off, so much so that I call it DCR (Disney Crying Reflex). A couple of instances are during the American Adventure. That song about the two brothers fighting in the Civil War. Also, when it goes from WWII into the ending montage, when the bald eagle is soaring to the opening strains of "Golden Dream".

Edward M

Here's a list of things that just got me emotional. My viewing of WOC nearly alone late at night (only of these where I solid cried). Wishes and Illuminations always get me emotional. The Peoplemover at night with the lit up Tomorrowland and Castle (especially when we are alone in the train) gets me. Fantasmic (DL) really got me. When I exited World Showcase around midnight, I teared up. Seeing a perfectly formed rainbow above World Showcase after a downpour. Splash Mountain in front row with fireworks above. I teared up on Pooh since it really brought me back to childhood. The last night at MK. The last transportation to your hotel.

Ben_since_1971

The old ME video they showed on the way back to MCO. Every time they hit the 'M-I-C' bit, I would lose it.

EPCOT used to have Cast In Bronze perform during Christmas. CiB is a carillion musical band. I caught one of their shows and thought it would be really cool to hear 'Carol of the Bells' on that thing. Well, they got ready to play their final number. There was an intro, and then they launched into the piece. It was as beautiful as I would have hoped. I am taking a video and tears are just streaming down my face - listening to my most favorite carol in my most favorite place at my most favorite time of year. That moment will always be special.

DfromATX

My first time to see the Dream Come True parade made me get a little teary and I'm not ashamed to admit it! I was totally caught up in the magic. What's funny is now we skip all the parades, but I will never forget that first one.

MississippiBelle

Wishes gets me every time! I'm fine until it gets to the middle and the fireworks really start picking up. Then I really start feeling the Disney magic and the waterworks kick in! Usually my mom is the open crier in the family, so I have to try to hide it to avoid being thrown in the same emotions boat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom