What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

danyoung56

... he was a big part of the (forgive me if I get the title wrong) Magical World of Disney tv series when I was a kid.

It was originally called The Wonderful World of Color ("The world is a carousel of color . . ."). Then sometime (in the late 60's?) it was changed to The Wonderful World of Disney. It should also be noted that the long time narrator of these shows, the late Jack Wagner, was the official voice of the Disney parks for years. He is also heard on the trams that you ride at the airport, welcoming you to Orlando.

Incomudro

I don't believe that Walt was ever the voice of Jiminy. The original voice was that of Cliff Edwards.There have been a few people that did the voices after Cliff Edwards passed away around the early 70's. Walt did voice Mickey in the early days, but, from recordings there was nothing soothing about that particular screechy adaptation. The Uncle Walt voice was the one we heard on the shows. That was so reassuring that what we were about to see would be spectacular. He could sell refrigerators to Eskimo's.

However, keeping up with the thread the only time I tend to get emotional is when I am looking at an item I'd like to get and then I get to the price tag. That makes my eyes tear up a bit. ;):joyfull:

Good post.
What I was referring to re. Jiminy being Walt's voice was not in the literal sense - as in Mel Blanc doing Bugs Bunnies voice.
More metaphorically really. As though Walt used Jiminy as a character to speak through.

Goofyernmost

Good post.
What I was referring to re. Jiminy being Walt's voice was not in the literal sense - as in Mel Blanc doing Bugs Bunnies voice.
More metaphorically really. As though Walt used Jiminy as a character to speak through.
Sure, but Mel Blanc literally was the voice of Bugs Bunny. The one that you heard. The only way that Walt's was voicing Jiminy was philosophically.

Larry Mondello

Long wait times.

Hollywood-Studios-Tower-of-Terror-Standby-Wait-Time-Sign-2-fb-crop-620x330.jpg

DizneyPryncess

Walking down Main Street with my daughter for the first time made me cry. We had lost a pregnancy the year before, and gone to Disney afterward to try to get away and heal. But it turned out to be much too difficult seeing all the kids & babies. So getting to walk down Main Street with my own child after that just made my heart practically burst.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
I tear up at Disney all the time.

Towards the end of wishes when "When you Wish Upon a Star" plays.
During the entirety of Illuminations.
I used to at the end of Spectromagic.
When I first got off of Hyperspace Mountain.
I saw this little girl dressed as Belle, waving at Belle during Festival of Fantasy.

kennyy_d

The pre-show to Wishes, "Celebrate the Magic" always gets me teary-eyed. Especially the part when they show Walt... Hits me right in the feels. Then throughout Wishes I find myself thanking Walt for his big dreams, usually with some tears in my eyes.

I also end up crying a bit while on Soarin', the score alone is so great. I love the music and even just listening to it in my car can sometimes make me tear up a bit. And I'm always appreciative of the ingenuity of it all and how innovative the attraction is.

righttrack

When I get the credit card bill

Also...

Park opening, Magic Kingdom, hearing Walt's vision of what the parks mean.
It's a Small World because I think of how much my recently deceased mother enjoyed that ride
Festival of the Lion King - Circle of Life gets me every time.

DisneyChik17

So many things!

From Walt's part in CMT, all the way through Wishes!
When I reach the Laughin' Place in SM
All of CoP... I can burst into tears at any time during this...
Philharmagic gets me sometimes...
Anytime I meet Mickey... or Belle...
Seeing a TRUE "Magical Moment"...

I'm a sap. What can I say?

Timsierramist

Anyone who didn't tear up when Simba was calling for his Dad during World of Color (the good one, not the current 60th anniversay one >:-O) doesn't have a soul...

But also Dumbo during Magical at the Disneyland Resort.

12in12

First morning of my stay when I see the opening show at WDW.
I also wiped away a little tear while sitting on the curb in DHS watching The Osborne lights for the first time.

carriehpotter

As many have said, Fantasmic! gets me every time. I make it to the point when the steamboat arrives with Mickey and the whole gang and then I start tearing up. I'm full-on crying when Sorcerer Mickey is at the very top of the mountain (just thinking of the score from that part is making me shiver). And I am officially sobbing by the time Mickey pops up at the end and says, "Some imagination, huh?"

Also, I'm sure many people have been worried for my mental health as I drive along in my car, sobbing, while listening to the soundtrack... :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom