What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

micknminnie

We drive down, so mine would be seeing the Walt Disney World arches once you hit Disney property. After that long drive, seeing those brings a real tear to my eye. I would also have to say the excitement of my little ones as we get closer to Magic Kingdom while riding the ferry. Love it. I am getting teary eyed thinking about it now. :eek:

tuppence

I'd say twice it happened that I really remembered.....once was when our daughter was three and she met the Princesses for the first time. The other was our last night in WDW on one of our vacations as we watched Wishes. Part of those tears were probably because we were leaving though. :)

TheJonesys

The Finding Nemo show made me cry last time I was there, and reading posts on here frequently makes me well up. I sound like an emotional wreck!:ROFLOL:

Goofy316

The first time we took my youngest to Magic Kingdom and we told her that she was going to meet Mickey. Standing outside the gates for the good morning opening song and the train starts coming down the tracks and out pops Mickey and she just got so excited that I just lost it.

After spending the day @ MK this past April ON our 25th wedding anniversary, DH and I stood in front of the Cinderella's Castle, next to Partners and watched WISHES together. I couldn't ask for a better ending to our special day...happy tears and all :)

sorcerergoofy

Oh goodness. This is something that I get a lot of grief for here at home! I cry at sooo many things! I'll just make a list! :lol:

1. Wishes! - Even the soundtrack gets my teary, and watching the finale live in person?? Don't even get me started!
2. Fantasmic Finale - Doesn't matter if I'm watching it in person, online, or just listening to the soundtrack....I get chills every single time without fail.
3. Saying our Final goodbye to the MK....especially when we aren't sure when we will be back.
4. Festival of the Lion King.
5. Finding Nemo: The Musical
6. Obama's speech at HOP.
7. My first walk down Main Street...When I first catch the smell of the bakery is when it really gets to me!
8. Seeing ANY of the parks at night.
9. Dream Along With Mickey...the ending gets me every time.
10. Exiting the AK at night...I love the spooky jungle feel!
11. Waiting in line for ToT at night!

There are many others....but I'lll spare yall!! :D

BrerFrog

- Wishes
- Philharmagic
- Candlelight Processional
- Not having enough money to buy and eat all items at the Bakery

Just to mention a few. :D

WishingOnAStar

- Wishes. Particularly when the various Disney characters say what they wish for and when Jiminy Cricket says, "Well I'll be...It's the Blue Fairy!" I get goosebumps now just thinking about it.

- Fantasmic! Pretty much from the showboat scene on. All the characters, the music, Mickey on the mountain, the crowd cheering... Gets me every time!

- Hall of Presidents. The montage of Johnson speaking after the death of JFK, Reagan speaking after the Challenger explosion, Clinton speaking about the OKC bombing, and Bush after 911. That montage makes me proud to be an American.

pcarathers

Our first trip was in October of 2000. My sister and I planned it as a surprise trip for her son who was turning 7. We had everything planned for his party. Everyone invited was clued in that he was going to WDW and if they wanted to, to get him something for the trip. 1st airplane ride, ever! so he ended up getting a walkman, a couple of music tapes, a couple of outfits, and several other things that all made him puzzled! finally to the last gift.....it was a Sorcerer Mickey, one of the mid size ones......he was holding his airliine ticket.....he opened it and saw mickey, and loved it...then we asked him what mickey was holding and he saw it......we told him we were leaving in the next couple of days....he was ECSTATIC!!!!!!! We got to WDW and ate at Chef Mickeys' our first night, which has become tradition.. afterwards, went to MK to watch parade and fireworks....while my dad put him on his shoulders, I looked up and he was crying...i thought maybe the fireworks were scaring him, I asked him what was wrong and he just looked down at us with those big brown eyes full of lashes and said, " I'm just soooo happy to finally be here!" :cry::cry:

we were all crying at that point.....now, whenever we head over to MK after Chef Mickeys, we always remember that point.....

I also well up when I hear our Wishes CD!!!!! I'm sooooo ready to go now!!!!! :cry:

Future Guy

What makes me tear up? Hmm . . .

This:

nigelchanning.jpg

Also this:

800px-Florida_2007_097.jpg

And these:

CIMG0064.JPG

These too:

CIMG0065.JPG

And, finally, the absence of these things:

HorizonsD01.jpg

ImageWorks.jpg

Future Guy

I get teared up when we are just about to be parked (at any Park). Then it hits me "I am at WDW". Oh how I wish I was there now .

It's hot and humid there right now. If we were at WDW right this minute, you'd be like "Oh, I'm tired. I can't walk anymore" and I'd have to carry you on my back! After a few minutes you'd be saying that we should've stayed home and worrying about our dog and how much she misses us. :D

Tinkrbell

The finale of Fantasmic (I worked in costuming for the show for 8 months. I could be standing at the top of the mountain helping Sorcerer Mickey look good & I'd be tearing up)
Wishes
Leaving the parks the last night
The magical express bus leaving the resort
Sitting on Main Street waiting for Spectro during Christmas time when they have the snow falling.
The castle lighting ceremony at Christmas.

tiggermarie

It's hot and humid there right now. If we were at WDW right this minute, you'd be like "Oh, I'm tired. I can't walk anymore" and I'd have to carry you on my back! After a few minutes you'd be saying that we should've stayed home and worrying about our dog and how much she misses us. :D

I would not! You would be the one looking for a Dale wip :slurp: and the A/C. I would be fine. :lol: :D :kiss:

sorcerergoofy

The finale of Fantasmic (I worked in costuming for the show for 8 months. I could be standing at the top of the mountain helping Sorcerer Mickey look good & I'd be tearing up)
Wishes
Leaving the parks the last night
The magical express bus leaving the resort
Sitting on Main Street waiting for Spectro during Christmas time when they have the snow falling.
The castle lighting ceremony at Christmas

I forgot about Holiday stuff!

The Christmastime parade and the Lighting Ceremony both get me! And the snow on Main Street, and the Osbourne Lights, and the NYE Fireworks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom