What makes you say "I'm finally here"?

threeyoda

Original Poster
So what makes you say "I'm finally here" when you go to Disney World? I know the most common that I hear is turning the corner on Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time. For me it's two things: watching Illuminations (the most amazing fireworks show I've ever seen) and riding its a small world and Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom.

rodserling27

Walking through the gate of Magic Kingdom and seeing the castle, smelling the smells, hearing the sounds. I always say "I'm home." Once I even kissed the ground like the Pope! HAHA!

jjharvpro

Passing under the "Walt Disney World:Where Dreams Come True" sign really gets me excited!! But when I'm officially at MK turnstiles, hearing the BGM, seeing the WDW Railroad go by, then finally walking under the "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" plaque, smelling the popcorn as you walk in and FINALLY seeing that beautiful Castle in the distance..

fractal

For me it's when I board the Magical Express. Greatest feeling in the world. It's like at that point I've entered the realm of WDW and have my whole vacation in front of me.

Cmdr_Crimson

This..Hearing this music and finnally realizing that your trip has been paid off, the wait finnally being over and seeing Spaceship Earth once again..
[youtube]6golIjEOnQ4[/youtube]

nc_disneyfreak

leave it to you lol

For me it's when I board the Magical Express. Greatest feeling in the world. It's like at that point I've entered the realm of WDW and have my whole vacation in front of me.

i always love your input lol...what you said sums it up completely. Seeing the ME check in counter at MCO and then that first step inside the coach...nothing like it. In that first step, all worries are aside, you can cast away the real world and for the next week or so, let the WDW immersion begin!! only 44 days to go till 8 great days at All Star Sports with the family...been counting down since 371 days lol, almost....there...ugh...lol

TurkA77

So sad, but when I get in my hotel room and turn on the tv and watch the show about all the fun rides at WDW. The chick that hosts it is one of the most annoying people on earth, but I love it because it signals to me "I have arrived".

Tom

Beta Return

Same here. The flight is over. I'm in sunny Orlando. And when I get to the DME area, that's it for me. The ride is one of the biggest rushes for me.

HouCuseChickie

It used to be turning the corner and seeing the castle for the first time...and while that moment is still awesome...I realized, I just need to see the Contemporary and that seals it. I was rewatching two of the videos I took on our trip back in August...one where we're surprising our daughters as we're driving through the Maingate...the other as we're driving up to the Contemporary. I realized that while we were technically "there" in the first video and everyone was excited...it wasn't until the Contemporary had come into view did anybody really perk up.

Kramerica

This..Hearing this music and finnally realizing that your trip has been paid off, the wait finnally being over and seeing Spaceship Earth once again..
[youtube]6golIjEOnQ4[/youtube]

Yes! I was gonna say this exact one this song just gets you so ready. I'm notsurewhat it is about epcots music but it always does it to me. So props for thinking the same as me. But boo for stealing. Haha. Oh well, there are so many more things that confirm that I am home.

The smells are one for sure. I'm not sure what it is, but each and every Disney hotel lobby has their own smell. Sitting down and soaking it up while being checked in for sure is one of the things that makes me feel at home. Maybe it's the changeover from unhappy employees, unkept areas, mediocre grounds keeping and plain blandness of the road signs of orlando to the moment you drive under the Disney arch with happy smiling castmembers, prestine grounds, perfectly groomed areas, and those little road signs with the Mickey ears behind them. You know the ones. Haha. I dunno. Lots of things show you're home.

jasonfresta

hi...new here!

what makes me say it is the ferry ride on the way over... seeing Cinderella's castle get bigger and bigger.. it's the craziest dose of anticipation ever! :)

flavious27

Yes! I was gonna say this exact one this song just gets you so ready. I'm notsurewhat it is about epcots music but it always does it to me. So props for thinking the same as me. But boo for stealing. Haha. Oh well, there are so many more things that confirm that I am home.

The smells are one for sure. I'm not sure what it is, but each and every Disney hotel lobby has their own smell. Sitting down and soaking it up while being checked in for sure is one of the things that makes me feel at home. Maybe it's the changeover from unhappy employees, unkept areas, mediocre grounds keeping and plain blandness of the road signs of orlando to the moment you drive under the Disney arch with happy smiling castmembers, prestine grounds, perfectly groomed areas, and those little road signs with the Mickey ears behind them. You know the ones. Haha. I dunno. Lots of things show you're home.

Has to be the best scored theme park in the world.

real mad hatter

Cindys Castle.

Well seeing the castle at the bottom of main st does it for me,and knowing I've got 14 days of magic to look forward too.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom