What makes you say "I'm finally here"?

Mikester71

So many things for me, most have been echoed already by the rest of you on here.

We drive down also, so when we wake up early on the Saturday morning and leave Adel, Georgia and pass by the Florida sign and pull into the Florida Welcome Centre, we know we are only hours away from the happiest place on Earth.

And then as we drive under the Welcome sign on Disney property, it truly starts to feel like we are "home" again. Especially when you see that first Disney bus shuttling the people to the parks. :)

Finally, when we pull into Pop Century, usually mid-afternoon, and see all the resort guests scurrying between their rooms and the bus stops or pools or cafeteria. And then to make it to the check-in counter and have the CM "Welcome you home", that is when I TRULY know we are back!!! :sohappy:

drp4video

Getting off the airplane and getting on the little monorail at the airport to get our luggage and rental car.

And of course, the Welcome to Walt Disney world Sign!

Zenmeister

For me, it's that point after you've cleared the resort checkpoint and dropped your luggage off at the resort entrance. I have to go park the car while the family enters the lobby. I have just enough self-control to find a decent place to park and forget about the car for a week then I do a quick check to make sure no one is really looking and sprint back to the lobby, slowing down soon enough to not look completely out of breath as I enter the realm of Magic!

gaga4disney

I start getting the feeling when i land at MCO. But it realy kicks in when i get off ME and walk through the front doors of the resort. It's all about the disney experience not just the parks.

chrissyw14

When I get on the tram @ MCO and start seeing palm trees on the way to the terminal. We are now in FL!!

I agree with this one! Its as soon as we land and get off the plane, there are soo many Disney advertisements in the airport and the disney store there, I'm just excited to be there. I also love when you drive around to the resorts like being able to see some of the attractions and spaceship earth and the castle, Everest, the ToT, I think its really cool to see it from a distance, thats why I love the Swan & DOlphin

JHASdiz

2 things:
*Walking into the Contemporary Resort Lobby to check in.
*Riding the resort monorail and hearing "... On behalf of the cast at the Walt Disney World Resort, we'd like to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom!" As we are arriving @ MK to ride our 1st ride which is always POTC (our tradition for 15yrs)

SFMarine

For me it's definitely driving through the entrance way into the Disney compound. Also rounding the corner at Magic Kingdom and seeing the castle for the first time and smelling main street confectionery. Ah..only a few more months to go.

Spike-in-Berlin

Finale of "Wishes" on the first evening after arrival (MK is always our first park), the moment when the choir sings to the melody from "If you wish upon a star" and the real big ones explode in the air. Then I hold my GF in my arms, little tears in our eyes and we both know, "Yes we are really here again!"

Clamman73

Coming up to Epcot monorail beam on World Drive... Reminds me of those days staying at the old Holiday Inn in the '80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom