What makes you say "I'm finally here"?

jlevis

We drive and as we cross into Florida I start the anticipation. Checking into our timeshare really gets me going and finally as we walk down Main Street and see the castle then I know, we're here and all is well in the world.

sparky03

Several things ... The sight of my first palm tree when looking out the window of the plane after it lands at MCO helps.... Then I see the airport monorail taking you from the gate to the terminal. That really gets me excited. And of course, the bus ride to the park and catching glimpses of the big golf ball (SE) or TOT in the distant horizon if it's a clear day. Then you're greeted by a friendly cast member at the hotel who says "Welcome home" when you check in.

But yeah, nothing compares with walking toward that castle up Main Street. I've gotten more teary-eyed with each successive trip and I'm sure next week ain't gonna be any different. Which reminds me, better remember to pack Kleenex....

plaz10

That first view of Spaceship Earth
The smell of the queue when walking up the ramp
Sitting in the dark "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship..."

And I'm crying. I'm home.

DisneyDebNJ

For me it's when I board the Magical Express. Greatest feeling in the world. It's like at that point I've entered the realm of WDW and have my whole vacation in front of me.

Yep same here! As soon as I see the Disney Magical Express sign, and those big white hands waving at me, I turn to my husband and say "Honey, we're home" :wave:

Susan Savia

Stopping at the Florida Welcome center for a glass of OJ.
Turning the corner into Epcot's parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth.
Walking thru the turnstiles and hearing the music.
Riding Spaceship Earth that first time and heading over to catch Off Kilter.
Yep, we're here.....

cmanley23

For me, I would have to say after watching all those shows about Disney World on the Disney Channel growing up as a kid wondering when I'd make it there was seeing the entrance gate to Disney World and then driving to the Contemporary Resort and getting a "Wow, whoa!!!, I'm really here moment". Then afterward checking in and getting to our room with the Magic Kingdom view and really going "Wow!!!, Look at that!!!" I have to admit it was a moment I'll never forget along with my wife and kids. :)

Mickey_777

If we drive down, it's as soon as we see the "Welcome to Florida" sign. If we fly, it's the moment I get into the rental car and get onto the Beachline Expressway :). Man getting out of the airport and smelling that sweet Florida air is awesome.

SulleyanBoo

Seeing the castle for the first time, the smell of casey's corner and riding tta..it's tradition that my fiance and I ride that first before anything else to just sit for a second and look at everything before our big day :D

JIMINYCR

Several things ... The sight of my first palm tree when looking out the window of the plane after it lands at MCO

Two moments for me.
First, I can't wait to see that first palm tree as the plane taxis down the runway in to the terminal, then after deboarding I see the large palm tree in the center of the airport terminal before moving on to catch the ME.
Second, Looking out the ME window and seeing the large WDW sign as we finally get onto WDW property.

disney magic 06

Magical Express does it for me, it seems to be the first bit of 'magic'. Its going to be really strange this year, landing at MCO and heading off to Universal for a few days!

JiminyandTink

When I start pulling out my Magical Express tickets as I approach the counter, I am already pretty much shooting pixie dust out my ears.

Ralphlaw

Once the hotel clerk says "Welcome Home", the packet of stuff along with the room keys is in my hand, and I'm pulling the kids and my wife away from the cartoons on the lobby TV to go up to our room.

Or, whether it's World Showcase or Magic Kingdom, that first smell and sound that tells me "I'm here." At WS, its the smell of the Fish & Chips shack, and maybe the rumbling of the Japanese drums or rhythms of Mo'Rockin. At Magic Kingdom, the music on Main Street and the smells of the bakery and candy shop.

And I know it's time to leave when the police have me in cuffs and they're shoving me in the back of the squad car again because I . . . no, that's somewhere else.

Never mind that last part.

Dan B

Once the hotel clerk says "Welcome Home", the packet of stuff along with the room keys is in my hand, and I'm pulling the kids and my wife away from the cartoons on the lobby TV to go up to our room.

Definitely (minus the kids/wife part). As soon as I get that room key and step out of the lobby I always take a minute to just stand there and soak it in.

jkdisney1218

Ralphlaw and Dan B couldnt have said it better. Checking in and getting the hotel key and passes to the park is it for me. That moment when they say "Welcome Home" is amazing. Once I have that in my hand i just wanna skip and sing (which i do sometimes :lol:) to my room and drop our bags and run to the parks. I wanna fly down right now and just hear them say welcome home...

Tiggerfanatic

For me, it's when I step onto the monorail and hear the words "Welcome Aboard...." That's when I know that after the flight, the bus ride from the airport, and checking in, I'm finally here!

SMS55

I usually arrive the night before. For me it's a series of things as I arrive. First is seeing the Welcome sign as I drive onto the property. That's the first sign. When I come up World Drive and see the sign for TT and then see Spaceship Earth as I go down Buena Vista Drive before I check into POP. However when I drive to Magic Kingdom in the evening. I see the Contemporary off in the distance, then I see Space Mountain and then the castle, I know I am finally in Disney. I get to the gate at Contemporary and turn around and go back to my room and watch the resort channel til I pass out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom