What makes you say "I'm finally here"?

KCheatle

This may sound dorky, but I have several stages to the "It's finally here!" "I'm finally here" feeling:

(1) Setting the alarm for 4:30 the night before with our bags packed and in the trunk of the car ready to go = It's finally here
(2) Waking up before the alarm actually goes off because I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it = It's finally here
(3) The feeling of nausea from lack of sleep being overpowered by adrenaline from excitement = It's finally here
(4) Checking in at the airport when my 6 year old daughter tells the clerk "We're going to DIsney World" and they say "have a magical time!" = It's finally here
(5) Taking the train through MCO and passing by the first Disney Store in the airport = I'm finally here
(6) Seeing all of the signs for the Disney Magical Express = I'm finally here!!
(7) Pulling up to the hotel and dying with anticipation to finally get off the bus, jump in the pool and get cleaned up in time to catch our first dinner reservation that night at Chef Mickey's so we can meet the characters before we even step foot in the parks (it's our own little welcome party!) = I'm finally here!!! :)
(8) MOST IMPORTANTLY: After dinner, taking the monorail over MK to see the parade and fireworks and walking out knowing that for a lot of people this is the end but for us it's just the beginning - I'M FINALLY HERE!! :sohappy:

disneygirl1

As soon as I step foot off the plane at MCO I get all giddy b/c I know my vacation is about to begin!!! I think the moment I check in with the magical express and board the motorcoach I instantly have the I am finally in Disney feeling!!! Can't wait, only 52 more days to go!!!

C&D

Sitting in Perkins after our road trip from South Carolina knowing we are there (everything up till then is anticipation).

For me it all begins the night before we leave. No more work and the vacation starts and the anticapation becomes overwhelming, Double checking lists and realizing that the bags are pack. I understand that once I get there the time flys bye. So I sit back the night before we leave and soak up anticapation.

Mickey2minnie1

I agree that seeing the first palm tree lets me know I am in my favorite state. After the tram at MCO, we run to the ME. When we get to the POLY, the smell of the GCH let's me know I am home. :sohappy:

Next year I will not have it that way. I will not be staying on property. :cry:

MickeyPeace

Walking the pathway outside of Magic Kingdom. Seeing the Contemporary, the Ferry Boat and hearing the horn blow on the train of Big Thunder Mountain.

Once I pass under the monorail and see the security check, I'm there.

Raychul

If passing under the Walt Disney World sign doesn't do it to me, then it hits me as soon as I step off of the Magical Express! I live everyday just waiting till I get to feel that feeling again. <3

Jeff456

For me it's actually the monorail at MCO that makes me think I'm finally there. I know it's not on property but for whatever reason that is the one feeling that sticks out... I'm flying to Sandford this time so I'm not sure what will make me think I'm finally there... Perhaps the check in desk at OKW or when we pass under a sign and enter WDW property. I shall have to report back!

whitney37354

I knew I was finally there when I was looking out the window of our CR CL TPV room & I was calling Mom to tell her that I was calling her while looking at Cinderella's Castle.

dmbcrush5

Riding the monorail at MCO, then passing under the WDW sign makes me realize I'm on my way and the anticipation builds. However, that magical feeling truly kicks in when I step out of the car at the entrance to BC and hear those first few notes of ambiant music that I know will surround me for the entire vacation.

PolynesianPrincess

Since we take 2 vacations a year there (one off property at our timeshare and one on property at one of the resorts) when we're off-site, it's driving under the Walt Disney World sign and seeing all the Mickey shaped signs as we drive to the first park. When we're on-site, it's getting on the DME and watching the video and finally walking into the lobby of the resort.

J03Y

passing out on my bed after checking in and before doing something fun and unproductive, and turning on the TV to see the Must Dos and Disney World show with that chick with the brown hair. every time i'm just like "AWWWWW YEEEAAHHH!!!! I'M BACK BABY!!!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom