What made you pick your WDWMAGIC-name?

wedway71

Original Poster
OK-I know there are some easy ones like a persons name but some are interesting.

Why and how did you come up with your Member name?

WEDWAY71...

Year I was born and WEDWAY represents the Traditional Disney World in general that made me fall in love with Disney.

InfernalPenguin

My alter ego.

They used to call me "Penguin" in high school due to my weight (at the time) and the way I walked due to a knee injury (I also carried around a cane)

Spawned from a slipshod photoshop job I did of a humboldt penguin with red horns that said "Something Penguin This Way Comes", it was a way for me to counteract the nickname.

So I started going by "HellPenguin".

Used that name online ever since. Eventually, it sorta became my thing to stick the 'penguin head' on anything that came to mind, keeping in theme (There's alot of them, mostly to do with movie characters... Ash from Evil Dead, Dr.Doom, Rico from Starship Troopers... you get the idea).

When I signed up here, I imagined "Well, it's a disney forum. I'm guessing I can't say Hell"(although I've used it twice already)

So I did the PC version that I use when that happens, which is InfernalPenguin.

sweetpee_1993

When the hubby and I got married we were so young and had very little. I didn't have an engagement ring or anything. We bought our wedding bands dirt cheap from a jewelry store that was going out of business. Anywhoo, the one splurge we made before the wedding was having our nicknames engraved inside our wedding bands. Hubby filled out the paper with what he wanted engraved inside my ring. He's not the best speller in the world. He wrote 'SweetPee' instead of 'SweatPea'. That's his nickname for me. 1993 is the year we met/married. Yep, I'm a sap. Love my old man to pieces, bad speller and all. :)

wedway71

Original Poster
When the hubby and I got married we were so young and had very little. I didn't have an engagement ring or anything. We bought our wedding bands dirt cheap from a jewelry store that was going out of business. Anywhoo, the one splurge we made before the wedding was having our nicknames engraved inside our wedding bands. Hubby filled out the paper with what he wanted engraved inside my ring. He's not the best speller in the world. He wrote 'SweetPee' instead of 'SweatPea'. That's his nickname for me. 1993 is the year we met/married. Yep, I'm a sap. Love my old man to pieces, bad speller and all. :)

Cool story..Mine was very similiar.. got married in 91 at age 19-wife was 18.

Going into Air Force and was sooo broke I couldnt even "pay" attention.

People were taking bets on how long we would last since so young.

Both now 36-still happily Married with 2 kids and starting to plan our Retirement years.

Back in 1982 Archie and Olivia Manning had a son... There baby had all of the qualities of a regular human boy but had the head of a purple dragon!Upon seeing their new born baby boy they decided to hide him away from the world. Now twenty six years later that one time baby has grown into the greatest NFL quarterback of all time... FIGMENT MANNING!!!! Fourth and unkown son of the Manning family and future MVP of superbowl 43!

So in order to honor him i chose the name Footballfigment... or I just like the giants and i like figment so i put them together... :lookaroun

wedway71

Original Poster
Back in 1982 Archie and Olivia Manning had a son... There baby had all of the qualities of a regular human boy but had the head of a purple dragon!Upon seeing their new born baby boy they decided to hide him away from the world. Now twenty six years later that one time baby has grown into the greatest NFL quarterback of all time... FIGMENT MANNING!!!! Fourth and unkown son of the Manning family and future MVP of superbowl 43!

So in order to honor him i chose the name Footballfigment... or I just like the giants and i like figment so i put them together... :lookaroun

Yep He is somewhat popular where I live.:D

CThaddeus

In high school my class was asked to write one of those "I Search" reports, where you pick a word and research the heck out of it - synonyms, quotes using it, definitions, old usages, etc. The teacher made the mistake of telling us to be creative, so I naturally took it to a level that might be described as insanity. I chose to make the story about myself and my cousin from another planet, whose name was basically just a bunch of consonants rammed together . And, most importantly, rather than write it in first person, I invented what I considered an incredibly pompous name for an author - C. Thaddeus Rex. "C" was just an initialization of my first name ala F. Scott Fitzgerald, "Thaddeus" was a stuffy sounding middle name, and "Rex" of course is latin for "King" similar to "Oedipus Rex." It never occured to me when I chose the name that "C. Thaddeus" isn't that far off from "J. Thaddeus" (Mr. Toad). Perhaps subliminally it influenced my decision, though.
The nickname stuck. Many didn't catch that "C. Thaddeus" wasn't supposed to be me, but the "real" author. So, during high school I was known as some variant of C. Thaddeus Rex - C. Thaddeus, C. Thad, Thad, Thaddeus, etc...although Rex didn't seem to get used very often. When the internet began to boom, I figured CThaddeus would be a somewhat uncommon screen name and I've been using it pretty much everywhere ever since.
This concludes "War and Peace, Part II: War's Revenge." Thank you for reading.

davidpw97

Wasn't "The Gooch" from 2 posts up Arnold's nemesis on "Different Strokes"?

My name is of course my first name, middle/last initials and year I graduated HS. I try to use the same name or variations of the same name on every site I belong to.

Panhead

I'm a major fanboy of the band "Skillet" (hence panhead)....

Panheads are fans of the rock band Skillet.

“Uh, "Panheads"? You see, there are three levels in "Skillethood". Those who don't know, those who become "Skilletfanz" through hearing our music, and then "Panheads", those who come to three or four shows traveling up to 10 hours, bringing skillets, banners, writing on their cars, and so forth. Of course, we love them all, but we have a special place in our hearts for "Panheads"."

Guitarist Ken Steorts

-Chris-

Hrudey3032

Mine is from my email(Hrudey3032@yahoo.com) and made it easier to remember when signing in.It is the last name of my all time favorite hockey player,Kelly(my first name is Kelly too) Hrudey.He started his pro career here in Indianapolis with the Checkers and won 2 Adams Cup trophies here(at the time AAA hockey).He played for the New York Islanders,LA Kings,and San Jose Sharks of the NHL and is now a commentator on Hockey Night in Canada.His number with the Checkers and Islanders was #30.His number with Kings and Sharks was #32. Hrudey3032

Mikester71

Mine is from my email(Hrudey3032@yahoo.com) and made it easier to remember when signing in.It is the last name of my all time favorite hockey player,Kelly(my first name is Kelly too) Hrudey.He started his pro career here in Indianapolis with the Checkers and won 2 Adams Cup trophies here(at the time AAA hockey).He played for the New York Islanders,LA Kings,and San Jose Sharks of the NHL and is now a commentator on Hockey Night in Canada.His number with the Checkers and Islanders was #30.His number with Kings and Sharks was #32. Hrudey3032

That is funny...that is the first thing I thought of when I saw your name. Being Canadian, hockey is religion up here and Hrudey is seen every week on Hockey Night In Canada. But of course, like you mentioned, I remember him from his playing days with the Isles, Kings and Sharks first and foremost. :sohappy:

Mikester71

Mine is pretty boring - I know. Name with ster added to it followed by the year I was born. I first used it when Napster came out and you needed a user name. I kept trying different combinations of my name and that until I finally settled on taking the ster from napster and adding it to Mike and then my birth year. I pretty much use it on every site that requires a user name because it always is available too. Convenient and easy!:ROFLOL:

Hrudey3032

That is funny...that is the first thing I thought of when I saw your name. Being Canadian, hockey is religion up here and Hrudey is seen every week on Hockey Night In Canada. But of course, like you mentioned, I remember him from his playing days with the Isles, Kings and Sharks first and foremost. :sohappy:

He sent me numerous autograph cards,postcards,and catalogs as a kid.I have 2 of his game used sticks but my prized possesion is a Replica Checkers jersey #30 Hrudey.It is a classic and you can see me wearing it on my myspace page. I also have a video or 2 of Kelly on there.

myspace.com/hrudey3032

Mikester71

He sent me numerous autograph cards,postcards,and catalogs as a kid.I have 2 of his game used sticks but my prized possesion is a Replica Checkers jersey #30 Hrudey.It is a classic and you can see me wearing it on my myspace page. I also have a video or 2 of Kelly on there.

myspace.com/hrudey3032

Man, that is cool! As much as I sound anti-Canadian for saying this, I actually like him better than Don Cherry on HNIC and hope that he someday replaces him on the telecast. He is way more insightful and way less bias. Even though I am a lifelong Red Wings fan, I have always loved watching Hrudey on and off the ice. Will have to check out your MySpace page. :wave:

Hrudey3032

Man, that is cool! As much as I sound anti-Canadian for saying this, I actually like him better than Don Cherry on HNIC and hope that he someday replaces him on the telecast. He is way more insightful and way less bias. Even though I am a lifelong Red Wings fan, I have always loved watching Hrudey on and off the ice. Will have to check out your MySpace page. :wave:

I will be expecting to hear about you on the news when you are tried for being a traitor to your country :eek:.I mean "Grapes" is a legend and what you said,albeit cool to me,is sacriliege in Canada! Best check out my page before they hang you :ROFLOL:

Mikester71

I will be expecting to hear about you on the news when you are tried for being a traitor to your country :eek:.I mean "Grapes" is a legend and what you said,albeit cool to me,is sacriliege in Canada! Best check out my page before they hang you :ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly hate Grapes (although I have disagreed with him MANY times and can't stand his bias towards the Maple Leafs), I just think that if he was such a great coach (Coach's Corner) he would have coached alot longer in the NHL. :shrug: Heading to your page right now before my motherland disowns me. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom