What is your timeline for Disney being back to normal again?

When does Disney go back to normal again?

• 2 months

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 4 months

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 6 months

Votes: 35 17.7%
  • 12 months

Votes: 127 64.1%
  • Never

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Realistically I would say 2-3 years to go back to how it was. Once a vaccine is out and widely distributed people will begin to ease into normalcy again, and I would put vaccine at around a year (maybe a bit less) from now. How quickly they can produce the vaccine will determine a lot too.

I'm sure that many will still hesitate regardless to see how things with the vaccine goes, which is why i say 2-3 years. This will have long lasting impacts but I'm sure some good will come from it too.

Hopefully Disney will continue wiping rides and interaction type things down more often after all this. Hopefully people will stop coming to the parks while sick / bringing their feverish kids.. it happened in the past way too often, with people openly admitting things like "my kid had a fever this morning but we gave them Tylenol and now they're fine!" Tylenol may help the fever but it doesn't mean the child isn't contagious.

Parker in NYC

Is this New York?

If so, this is normal, and this should be applauded. Do you realize that three months ago the entire western world carried on like this? Do you also realize that every year of our life we have carried on like this despite strong flu seasons? If there was as much of a threat as we think there is then we'd have noticed by now with the rioters and protestors over the last few weeks. Let people make up their mind, quit with the restrictions. My young son knows it irritates me when he says "that's not social distancing" because I don't want us to psychologically be thinking this the rest of our lives. How does that lead to a quality life?

Applauded? And thinking this will be the rest of your lives? If that isn't hysteria, there's no need to point the finger at anyone else. Whatsoever. But there's no changing ignorant.

So we’re just going to wear masks outside in the middle of summer for eternity?

:rolleyes:

Michaelson

'No going back? Never be the same?' That's exactly the same thing they said after the Spanish flu pandemic of the late 19teens, many deaths face mask requirements and shut downs , all the same scenario......and by the middle of the 1920's, just a few years later...well, they didn't call them the 'Roaring 20's' for nothing.
Once the phase moves through, things will settle again. It's the natural pattern of virus's.
Regards! Michaelson

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

'No going back? Never be the same?' That's exactly the same thing they said after the Spanish flu pandemic of the late 19teens, many deaths face mask requirements and shut downs , all the same scenario......and by the middle of the 1920's, just a few years later...well, they didn't call them the 'Roaring 20's' for nothing.
Once the phase moves through, things will settle again. It's the natural pattern of virus's.
Regards! Michaelson
And they were right. We do nothing like they did in the roaring 20's anymore now do we?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Regards! Michaelson
If you say so. I tried to warn you.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I'll preface my guess by noting I did not think WDW would be closed beyond May of 2020... o_O

I selected 6 months because I think that by the end of the calendar year the instabilities in the US will have settled down, and some more accurate info about the virus will be known. I actually think the answer is somewhere between 6 months and a year, but not a full 12 months from now. It would be nice if the survey had ranges...

Katelynbird

As much as I'd like to say a few months or even one year, I can't believe in that. The reason is from the start I think they handled the whole thing wrong and I am just going to leave that as it is because I don't want to make this a political thread. I can also add I really think these so called experts don't actually know what this virus is going to do next and to be honest either do the rest of us. So until a lot of this gets cleared up things aren't going to be back to normal for quite some time unfortunately. Hell I may not be able to go back to my University come August.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Regards! Michaelson

Hopefully you are right. The longer it goes, the longer it will be ingrained in some people's heads. Imagine how an introvert or a germaphobe deals with it. The mental health aftermath won't be pretty here. Even when almost everyone is back to normal and more or less forgets about it there will be some who will NEVER be the same.

Things will settle within a year I’d hope. A new normal.

Some things are likely to be different permanently.

There is a phrase I hope permanently hits the dumpster sooner rather than later..................."new normal." How about the old normal? Remember when we just shook hands and hugged without thinking the grim reaper was around the corner?

Applauded? And thinking this will be the rest of your lives? If that isn't hysteria, there's no need to point the finger at anyone else. Whatsoever. But there's no changing ignorant.

Yes. You should applauded letting tax-paying citizens have the freedom to make their own choices. Everyone in that picture, are they brain dead or do they know full well the risk that exists - one that has existed their WHOLE lives? They aren't stupid, but when you live in cities that are cramped together like that you can't avoid it. There are times in life where you will be in close quarters with perfect strangers and if you can't deal with it you can stay home. It works both ways here, the militant people who demand we stayed home to keep from our parents from dying can take that advice themselves and stay home if they don't feel safe. I don't feel unsafe, quite frankly because I have barely changed my habits at all over the last three months. No one in our household got sick. No friends, no family members, nothing. It is almost as if.................................we have an immune system!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Hopefully you are right. The longer it goes, the longer it will be ingrained in some people's heads. Imagine how an introvert or a germaphobe deals with it. The mental health aftermath won't be pretty here. Even when almost everyone is back to normal and more or less forgets about it there will be some who will NEVER be the same.

There is a phrase I hope permanently hits the dumpster sooner rather than later..................."new normal." How about the old normal? Remember when we just shook hands and hugged without thinking the grim reaper was around the corner?

Yes. You should applauded letting tax-paying citizens have the freedom to make their own choices. Everyone in that picture, are they brain dead or do they know full well the risk that exists - one that has existed their WHOLE lives? They aren't stupid, but when you live in cities that are cramped together like that you can't avoid it. There are times in life where you will be in close quarters with perfect strangers and if you can't deal with it you can stay home. It works both ways here, the militant people who demand we stayed home to keep from our parents from dying can take that advice themselves and stay home if they don't feel safe. I don't feel unsafe, quite frankly because I have barely changed my habits at all over the last three months. No one in our household got sick. No friends, no family members, nothing. It is almost as if.................................we have an immune system!
Your denial is sad.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Your denial is sad.

What denial? We have a so-called pandemic with less the amount of deaths as a normal flu season (and that includes all of those "deaths" attached to 90 year olds on death door as it was with Dementia, etc.) and we shut the entire world over it. The UN estimates that because of this shutdown the amount of people worldwide who starve to death with double by the end of the year. As it stands, 9 million people die of starvation a year. Do the math. 2.2 million die of thirst.

It isn't too late to admit this has been a colossal mistake. While in North America we created the biggest recession since the Great Depression based on self-inflicted choices we still are better off than the 3rd world who doesn't have the luxury of wondering when Disney World re-opens. So really, if you want to get out of your own denial you'd realize that millions more are dying and will die over this than the 440,000 (and that is hotly debated) from Corona.

It isn't too late to take the red pill with this thing.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

What denial? We have a so-called pandemic with less the amount of deaths as a normal flu season (and that includes all of those "deaths" attached to 90 year olds on death door as it was with Dementia, etc.) and we shut the entire world over it. The UN estimates that because of this shutdown the amount of people worldwide who starve to death with double by the end of the year. As it stands, 9 million people die of starvation a year. Do the math. 2.2 million die of thirst.

It isn't too late to admit this has been a colossal mistake. While in North America we created the biggest recession since the Great Depression based on self-inflicted choices we still are better off than the 3rd world who doesn't have the luxury of wondering when Disney World re-opens. So really, if you want to get out of your own denial you'd realize that millions more are dying and will die over this than the 440,000 (and that is hotly debated) from Corona.

It isn't too late to take the red pill with this thing.
Not gonna get political with you. The point is the world has changed forever. Welcome to your New LIFE. Masks are not going away, social distancing is not going away, things not being fully open is not going away. Accept it. There is no going back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom