What is your timeline for Disney being back to normal again?

When does Disney go back to normal again?

• 2 months

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 4 months

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 6 months

Votes: 35 17.7%
  • 12 months

Votes: 127 64.1%
  • Never

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Just a simple question. When will Disney look like "Disney" again? When will it feel like the same magical place that it was before? I mean like when do things like masks not be mandatory anymore, or when does social distancing not exist in the parks anymore? There are lots of options so you can pick one. My guess is, that Disney will go with the mood of the general public. They wouldn't make you wear a mask right now if there wasn't a big enough percentage of the public that demands it. So when that novelty wears off I figure it just sort of disappears from everywhere from your supermarket to your favorite theme park.

But in your mind, when does this happen?

I might have a date set in mind for a future trip..................asking for a friend. ;)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I've wondered about this too, and honestly, I've no idea.

There are days when things start to look hopeful, and then we get more bad news. There's so much conflicting information and many uncertainties that need to be resolved before normalcy returns to the parks. I don't think Disney sees this situation as a general public's mood or a novelty though, there's too much at stake from a business standpoint, to go back to normal sooner than it is safe for them and the general public to do so.

Michaelson

You should have '12 mo's or beyond' as a choice. I'm not all that bound up about the Covid19 fiasco. I'm more peezed at all the continued construction that needs to be finished AFTER all the security about the pandemic has finally passed by.

We were there in February, and felt like rats in a maze at Epcot with all the construction walls that were up and cranes grinding away behind them lifting steel. Talk about taking you out of the 'magic'!

We figure we MAY think again about WDW year AFTER next, or even longer. They need to get the dust settled first.

Next year, Universal is the plan.

Regards! Michaelson

Gainesvillain

Events like 9/11 and the current pandemic cause a major sea change to our lives . . . We will get used to many of the changes, they will become "normal" and the parks will never go back to way they were before the event.

Parker in NYC

This photo from the weekend from my own city proves it. Who do you think travels to Disney? And this is probably playing out all over the
country.

15virus-briefing-lede2-jumbo.jpg

JIMINYCR

I'm afraid to guess.... But I'm leaning towards a year... or more. Although some things I fear will never return to the norms they were. Post 911 it took a lengthy time for guests to rebound back and risk a trip, and I see people being more fearful of this event, maybe resulting from the massive media driving the numbers, the unknown of it all, and of course the financial hit this has caused to individuals. I also believe people are tending to be less risk takers now than twenty years ago. A lot will depend on how Disney calms fears, and shows they are able to provide a safe environment to those going forward.

Disstevefan1

I tapped 12 months to be safe. Fact is, no one knows. We don’t know how many new cases we will see as a result of reopening cities, the George Floyd protests and riots will of course result in more cases, and now today the Rayshard Brooks shooting, this will trigger protests and maybe new riots.

There are so many factors. WDW is opening about a month from now. Who knows what the number of cases, hospitalizations, deaths there will be by then.

I would not be surprised if WDW pushes the date of their opening, to avoid the worst scenario of reopening then closing again.

This is all guess work, there are just too many variables, things may happen between now and WDWs planned reopening to change things. We just don’t know.

Astro_Digital

Sooner or later, people will go to places without 2 metre spacing, not wearing face masks.
This is normal, there is no such thing as a new normal.

The way we are being controlled, brain washed to live in fear is not normal.
What is normal is how WDW was last summer and it will get that way again.

What will happen is sooner or later COVID-19 will disappear, vaccine or no vaccine.
The number of people testing positive have been drop week and week, when there is not any new cases it will not take long for people to get sick of the restrictions.

I give it a year, no more face masks, and they will pack tourists in the theme park like sardines.

DisneyJoe

Seeing that it is possible that the WDW parks reservation system may last thru 2021 made me realize that it just could really be that long - even my 17-year old son knows that he may not have a normal senior year of high school.

Disstevefan1

Sooner or later, people will go to places without 2 metre spacing, not wearing face masks.
This is normal, there is no such thing as a new normal.

The way we are being controlled, brain washed to live in fear is not normal.
What is normal is how WDW was last summer and it will get that way again.

What will happen is sooner or later COVID-19 will disappear, vaccine or no vaccine.
The number of people testing positive have been drop week and week, when there is not any new cases it will not take long for people to get sick of the restrictions.

I give it a year, no more face masks, and they will pack tourists in the theme park like sardines.

I agree with all above except the cases in Florida are steadily rising, see this site:

In Florida, in the last 20 days, the percent positive of total tests taken has doubled from 2.8 percent to 5.6 percent today. This means about 1 out of every 20 people being tested are testing positive.

Since this these numbers are the percent positive of total tests taken, this can't be blown off as the number is higher just because we are testing more.

Astro_Digital

I agree with all above except the cases in Florida are steadily rising, see this site:

In Florida, in the last 20 days, the percent positive of total tests taken has doubled from 2.8 percent to 5.6 percent today. This means about 1 out of every 20 people being tested are testing positive.

Since this these numbers are the percent positive of total tests taken, this can't be blown off as the number is higher just because we are testing more.
They will go down....

thomas998

A couple of years after the virus burns out or there is a vaccine... The problem is the damage of the virus will already be done with changes made that will have to be undone...and some may take quite a while. If during the virus days they don't don't get many complaints about a lack of fireworks and parades then those thing may never come back like they were before. I expect cost cutting will probably result in those things being cut back to weekends only or only on a couple of days a week.... Possibly they will be very nasty and alternate fireworks on one day parades on another in an attempt to force someone wanting both to go two different days.

Ben_since_1971

When will it feel like the same magical place that it was before?

Next time I go - in September. I am choosing to look at it as "how can I have fun under the rules that will be in place at the time", not "how on earth can I possibly have fun under all these rules?".

Yeah - I get Epcot's construction will be a distraction, but so was construction of 7DMT. Still had fun. Haven't spent more than an hour wearing a face covering, and not in any type of heat, so I am sure it will be a distraction, but I will deal with it. I am intrigued as to how it will work. Granted, my trip this year will be unique in that it is my first solo trip, and the combination of the recovery discount plus a bunch of Disney Visa dollars is making my OOP costs worth the risk. And yes I am concerned. I probably won't make a go/no-go decision until the very last minute.

But if I do go, I will be at Disney World. It will still be the same place I have visited since 1972, and every year since 1997. I will take proper precautions for me, and avoid people who choose not to do the same. And I will bet that this will be one of the most memorable trips I will ever take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom