What is your timeline for Disney being back to normal again?

When does Disney go back to normal again?

• 2 months

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 4 months

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 6 months

Votes: 35 17.7%
  • 12 months

Votes: 127 64.1%
  • Never

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters

bryanfze55

If you knew anything about being a nurse during this time you'd understand.

I’m sure some nurses have had it very hard (the ones in NYC, for example). But he’s not totally incorrect. Mercy Healthcare near me had furloughed a number of staff due to not having enough work.

bryanfze55

I went to Silver Dollar City this past weekend, wore a mask, did a temperature check, social distanced, etc. We actually had a good time. The employees had to wear masks all day in the heat and yet maintained a great attitude. I figure if they can do it, I can do it too. But it was so uncrowded. I’m not sure any of this will work well at WDW. It’s an inherently more high stress destination.

Point is, the “new normal” can be enjoyable still. Rather than a resort vacation, we just got back from a camping trip. Great fun. We wore masks when necessary but certainly not when we were socially distancing outdoors. No reason for that. We need to use common sense and moderation.

CLEtoWDW

It’s amusing to me how all of the news outlets report an increase in confirmed cases but refuse to report the drastic fall in deaths over the last 30 days. The fall in deaths can likely be attributed to two things: better treatment strategies to those that need hospitalization and the fact that the virus is likely infecting otherwise healthy people that have nearly a 98% rate of recovery without complications.
You piece those two key pieces together and it becomes abundantly clear that COVID does not pose the same threat as it did months ago. Obviously we still need to be cautious but I refer to the phrase “every storm runs out of rain” and I firmly believe that’s what is happening here. If I’m Disney I’m carefully watching this data in combination with the therapeutics/vaccines that come to market later this year and make the decision to get back to normal operations as soon as possible.

I am planning to vacation in October of 2021 and I still suspect that there will be some restrictions going on at that time. Now will it be like it is now, I certainly hope not but honestly I really don't know.

WDW862

There is a phrase I hope permanently hits the dumpster sooner rather than later..................."new normal." How about the old normal? Remember when we just shook hands and hugged without thinking the grim reaper was around the corner?
When there's a vaccine. So... hopefully early next year for us 'Muricans

seeker84

I have non-refundable Military Tickets and want to know Just what is Disney going to offer me for my $5,000 plus vacation in September.? Let's see: You get to wear a mask in 90 to 100 degree temp. so you can pass out or choke to death., No Halloween Party, No fireworks, NO character dining, canceled all my dining reservations , You have to make a reservation to get into a park on the day you want if you are lucky, Try and make dining reservations again if you are lucky, cut back on the times the parks are open and probably a lot of things I have already missed. This is going to be the worse Disney vacation I have taken in the 40+ years I have been going. If I could get a refund on my tickets I would NEVER go to Disney again.

Gingersnap

I don't really know about normal, but I do know that I won't be going for a few years until my baby girl is around 3 years old. She is only going on 5 months right now and that would not be a good experience with or without all of this going on. As for the pandemic issue I personal don't see it as a quick fix in a few months. I see it more about a 2 years or so when things are back to whatever normal will be.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My counter-argument is that do we ever want it to go back to wall to wall people and scheduling everything out 6 months ahead of time? I'll reserve my judgement until after our next trip in September under the new lower capacity, social distancing regime.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We honeymooned in November 2002 at WDW. The parks had not yet returned to normal. Phased opening of Magic Kingdom (lands opening later than others). I think fireworks only on certain nights (I dont recall specifically for sure). I want to say it was sometime toward later 2003 that crowds started to pick up.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Depends on a lot more than Disney to "get back to normal". When does "lift" for airlines get back to normal? A lot of people need to fly to get there. When does hotel capacity start to rebound? People need a place to stay. When do many of the people who have put deposits down on their Disney trips, who have now found themselves unemployed, start gaining an income again?

You want better? Barring a 2nd wave - 6-9 months. --- You want "normal"? - 2-3 years.

Last edited:

seascape

WDW will never be the same. Times change and just like after 9/11 will never go back to the old normal. After the vaccine comes out there will be a new normal with lots of options for add ons, for a small fee of course. In the mean time I feel very sorry for the offsite hotels and timeshares. With limited availability both WDW and Universal are going to make it very hard for offsite guests to have guaranteed access to the parks.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Not for a long time.

I think it will be quicker than you think. In Ontario people were out at the beach - including me - all weekend and it honestly looked and felt like it was 2019. Then you go back home to the city and see 25% of the population think they need a mask at the grocery store. People are slowly (although it is too slow) realizing things now. Once the public starts waking up then the companies and such will be able to get back to doing the things they always wanted to do. Part of making a profit on a theme park is being able to jam as many people in as possible. Working at 30% capacity doesn't work in a business sense and even the businesses will start to lose their patience soon enough. Promotional videos with "When You Wish Upon A Star" in the background aren't very inviting when all of the families in the video are masked to the hills.

When the public drains its fear you will see a swift return to normal. But mark my words, fear will keep this going as long as Governors of some states are able to milk it.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
If you knew anything about being a nurse during this time you'd understand.

If anything they are bored. In Canada it is the same thing, this irrational fear that hospitals are going to be overwhelmed and I am telling you people are stunned with how quick they are in and out of the ER. I was in the ER for a different reason in May. I asked the nurse why it was so dead in here and her literal answer as if she wanted me to hear it was that people just have stopped coming here because they think by hearing in the news that the hospitals are packed with Covid-19 patients.

drizgirl

I think it will be quicker than you think. In Ontario people were out at the beach - including me - all weekend and it honestly looked and felt like it was 2019. Then you go back home to the city and see 25% of the population think they need a mask at the grocery store. People are slowly (although it is too slow) realizing things now. Once the public starts waking up then the companies and such will be able to get back to doing the things they always wanted to do. Part of making a profit on a theme park is being able to jam as many people in as possible. Working at 30% capacity doesn't work in a business sense and even the businesses will start to lose their patience soon enough. Promotional videos with "When You Wish Upon A Star" in the background aren't very inviting when all of the families in the video are masked to the hills.

When the public drains its fear you will see a swift return to normal. But mark my words, fear will keep this going as long as Governors of some states are able to milk it.
People behaving like things are normal again is vastly different from Disney recovering from the economic reality of what has happened. The fallout will be long and painful.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder what the timeline is for this forum to get back to normal again? I almost miss the bickering between pixie dusters & doom and gloomers over every piece of minutia.
I thought the suspension of that nonsense was the POSITIVE thing 🤔
Too many variables to answer this question and the many like it that's been asked here. What is 'normal'? When will Covid-19 die down? How will consumers and travelers respond if it dies down or doesn't? How will they respond to restrictions WDW and other businesses put in place? The short, quick answer: I don't know. Nobody knows.
The economic impact will be much worse to orlando than the virus...as it stands now.
If we are talking Disney being back to full compacity, no masks, and all shows and attractions being open my "guess" is 6 months. I think the biggest and long term impact will be financially and the cutbacks Disney will make because of the lose of revenue
No offense...but you’re high.

Can I have some? 👽
I’m sure some nurses have had it very hard (the ones in NYC, for example). But he’s not totally incorrect. Mercy Healthcare near me had furloughed a number of staff due to not having enough work.
Because they are profit driven and lost their stream of overcharged electives...and felt no responsibility to support their workers.

(This is where someone makes some clueless anti European or Canadian quip)
My counter-argument is that do we ever want it to go back to wall to wall people and scheduling everything out 6 months ahead of time? I'll reserve my judgement until after our next trip in September under the new lower capacity, social distancing regime.

Hellllllllllll no.

Good point

You’re Canadian?

I love you’re optimism...but come on! You know Americans don’t do things optimistically and not to extremes 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom