What is your timeline for Disney being back to normal again?

When does Disney go back to normal again?

• 2 months

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 4 months

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 6 months

Votes: 35 17.7%
  • 12 months

Votes: 127 64.1%
  • Never

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
This isnā€™t going away without a vaccine. So hopefully by January-March 2021 we should have one

And not everyone is going to want to take it, or trust it either. So it is a moot point.

Good point
Youā€™re Canadian?

I love youā€™re optimism...but come on! You know Americans donā€™t do things optimistically and not to extremes šŸ˜Ž

I don't know if I would call it optimism. I have had concern from day one with this thing from everything to compliance without even questioning it to such things all the way to shaming small businesses to dared to try and stay open because they weren't "essential" enough. So I am very troubled by all of this.

People behaving like things are normal again is vastly different from Disney recovering from the economic reality of what has happened. The fallout will be long and painful.

It sure will, you got that right. And the same people that wanted to look like they were noble and part of the greater "good" and did whatever they were told to do will be the first ones to complain when they realize the obvious changes that will have to be done from an economic standpoint (perhaps a favorite attraction getting the boot?) in order to make up for lost time. Or that legendary customer service Disney is known for because of the tons upon tons of Cast Members there to help you at every turn will be different because, well, they need to cut back 30% on their staff. It might just feel different, and in a bad way too.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Lol @ people thinking there's going to be a vaccine.

Oh there will be one, with a government official slowly stroking a shotgun standing behind you "encouraging" you to take one.

Man oh man, does it ever worry me that people are actually content to live their lives the way that we've been doing until there is a vaccine, rather than just facing it and trying to establish some herd immunity.

CaptainAmerica

Oh there will be one, with a government official slowly stroking a shotgun standing behind you "encouraging" you to take one.

Man oh man, does it ever worry me that people are actually content to live their lives the way that we've been doing until there is a vaccine, rather than just facing it and trying to establish some herd immunity.
My mother in law (a senior citizen and current chemo patient) was cuddling with my infant son all week last week. Life is still worth living, dammit.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
My mother in law (a senior citizen and current chemo patient) was cuddling with my infant son all week last week. Life is still worth living, dammit.

My parents, in their 70s, would have broken down the door in our home if I didn't let them see their grandkids the last three months. My mom is high risk, she doesn't care. So why does the 20 year old wearing a mask to the grocery store care? Do people realize that 70+ year olds are less scared about this than young people? My mom as well has had cancer, has diabetes as well. Could die tomorrow, we don't know, we never know, but you are right, life is worth living. If we can't even visit our favorite people or our favorite places then what is the point? Sit inside and wait until the government tells you it's okay? Yeah, right. You can only make so many bad predictions before you lose your credibility permanently. I've seen my family all throughout this time. Wouldn't have it any other way. A couple of them didn't want to get together, okay, no biggie, your choice, but that's the thing, they made the choice. As did I.

m3000

Achieving herd immunity will kill more Americans than all our wars combined. If the collective effort of not eating inside a Applebees means saving millions of lives from something entirely preventable, then yeah, I'm pretty content with not doing that for a year or two.

DfromATX

Be grateful. Here in NYC, this weekend was even worse.

I may have spoken too soon. My state (Texas) is also a hot spot apparently. Seems like they relaxed things and boom. But now in many counties, masks are mandatory. I passed by a Walmart today and it looked like they had armed guards (ok just regular employees, but they looked very official) outside making sure everyone had masks.

DfromATX

My parents, in their 70s, would have broken down the door in our home if I didn't let them see their grandkids the last three months. My mom is high risk, she doesn't care. So why does the 20 year old wearing a mask to the grocery store care? Do people realize that 70+ year olds are less scared about this than young people? My mom as well has had cancer, has diabetes as well. Could die tomorrow, we don't know, we never know, but you are right, life is worth living. If we can't even visit our favorite people or our favorite places then what is the point? Sit inside and wait until the government tells you it's okay? Yeah, right. You can only make so many bad predictions before you lose your credibility permanently. I've seen my family all throughout this time. Wouldn't have it any other way. A couple of them didn't want to get together, okay, no biggie, your choice, but that's the thing, they made the choice. As did I.

I went to visit my parents (also in their 70's) on Mother's Day weekend. I wouldn't say they didn't care, but they weren't too worried about me being there or hugging me and they both are high risk with other health issues. (Turned out to be fine, no one got sick.) I knew at that time I was ok though since we've been quarantining and not going anywhere.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Achieving herd immunity will kill more Americans than all our wars combined. If the collective effort of not eating inside a Applebees means saving millions of lives from something entirely preventable, then yeah, I'm pretty content with not doing that for a year or two.

You are being paranoid. Sweden hasn't had much of a lockdown and their deaths didn't soar through the roof. Japan? Other surrounding Asian countries of China? Same thing. Stop being so quick to give up your rights that you deserve. I wouldn't care if you did it for your own self, but because you are so lax with things it makes it so much easier for the government to implement things where we ALL suffer. Why not just stay home if you don't like it?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I went to visit my parents (also in their 70's) on Mother's Day weekend. I wouldn't say they didn't care, but they weren't too worried about me being there or hugging me and they both are high risk with other health issues. (Turned out to be fine, no one got sick.) I knew at that time I was ok though since we've been quarantining and not going anywhere.

Imagine that, it ought to be a news story: "Man hugs his parents and they survive!"

Honestly, it probably would be good clickbait at the very least.

Doodlelicious

I clicked the 12 months, but fear it will be longer than that actually. I also do not see it getting back to a sense of normal until a vaccine is distributed and that could be a long time. When this whole thing started we were bombarded daily with information about the virus and much of it was extremely scary stuff. Now it seems they have backed away from a lot of that other than giving us the numbers either rising or declining in States. I personally still don't think these health experts don't have a true handle on what this virus is going to do in the future so if I don't have much faith in the experts, I certainly can't predict when it is going to be normal again.

bdearl41

If anything they are bored. In Canada it is the same thing, this irrational fear that hospitals are going to be overwhelmed and I am telling you people are stunned with how quick they are in and out of the ER. I was in the ER for a different reason in May. I asked the nurse why it was so dead in here and her literal answer as if she wanted me to hear it was that people just have stopped coming here because they think by hearing in the news that the hospitals are packed with Covid-19 patients.
I can vouch for this in NC. Live in the 3rd largest city. Had to go to ER 3 times since shutdown. Threw out my back, two times for RMSF. Was seen within 5 minutes of checking in each time. Only one time did the nurses say they had a steady flow of people.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You are being paranoid. Sweden hasn't had much of a lockdown and their deaths didn't soar through the roof. Japan? Other surrounding Asian countries of China? Same thing. Stop being so quick to give up your rights that you deserve. I wouldn't care if you did it for your own self, but because you are so lax with things it makes it so much easier for the government to implement things where we ALL suffer. Why not just stay home if you don't like it?

Deaths didn't soar in Sweden, but it still has one of the highest per-capita death rates.

Bpmorley

I can vouch for this in NC. Live in the 3rd largest city. Had to go to ER 3 times since shutdown. Threw out my back, two times for RMSF. Was seen within 5 minutes of checking in each time. Only one time did the nurses say they had a steady flow of people.
Our Ers as well as our hospitals were empty. Although going by the liberal news media, you would think there were million in this city

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom