What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Can you please hold my hand dude? It was Tom (WDWFigment).

I havent really been asked anything odd but I have heard some WEIRD ish from people around me. It is mainly people just going on and on about knowing it all and they are WAY off.

There was a guy I punked on Jungle Cruise though. He kept narrating the ride before the guide was...Well it was Colleens first time on the ride and I was getting VERY mad. So finally I turned to him and said if you recite one more line Im going to sucker punch you in your chest and you won't talk for the rest of your trip. Half the boat applauded me. Im not ever a violent person. I play hockey and get abused on a nightly basis with hockey sticks and such. But this guy REALLY REALLY got to me. I guess it was his snickering after he would recite the lines...Like he KNEW he was ruining the ride for people. He did stop though :animwink:

MKCP 1985

as a guest:

"Is Goofy a dog or a horse?" ranks up near the top. It is certainly the easiest to recall. :lol:

as a cast member:

"where is Cinderella's Castle?" - while standing outside of Casey's Corner. :eek:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
There was a guy I punked on Jungle Cruise though. He kept narrating the ride before the guide was...Well it was Colleens first time on the ride and I was getting VERY mad. So finally I turned to him and said if you recite one more line Im going to sucker punch you in your chest and you won't talk for the rest of your trip. Half the boat applauded me. Im not ever a violent person. I play hockey and get abused on a nightly basis with hockey sticks and such. But this guy REALLY REALLY got to me. I guess it was his snickering after he would recite the lines...Like he KNEW he was ruining the ride for people. He did stop though :animwink:

I don't usually condone violence, but unfortunately there are some people it's the only way to get through to. If I was on that boat with you, I probably would have applauded. I can't stand the smart-inskys who ruin things for other people.

Eyorefan

I was at DHS one day and heard a guy ask a nearby CM to direct him to Epcot. When the CM started with, "Well, once you leave the park..." the guy interupted her and said, "No, I don't want to leave the park. I just want to go to Epcot!" :brick:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I don't usually condone violence, but unfortunately there are some people it's the only way to get through to. If I was on that boat with you, I probably would have applauded. I can't stand the smart-inskys who ruin things for other people.

He was looking around for approval from people and people were just snarling at him...That alone should have made him think (Man I really suck)...

B-Ball Vol

From Blackthidot..."if you recite one more line Im going to sucker punch you in your chest and you won't talk for the rest of your trip. Half the boat applauded me. Im not ever a violent person. ...He did stop though :animwink:"

Violence is never the answer, but the threat of violence is in this case! :animwink:

stuart

Had 'do you work here' a few times, despite being in shorts and t-shirt like everyone else in the park who is a guest! Also had a couple 'does the parade come this way' when its 8.45 in Magic Kingdom and the path is lined with people sitting and standing.

However, the best one came a few years ago when we were at Blizzard Beach and a woman asked me and my dad 'when you go down that slide (summit plummit...you know whats coming next) do you go flying off the end of it?' We stupidly werent thinking as quick as we should have been and said 'no you slide goes straight down thru, its just an optical illusion of sorts' We then followed up with what we should have said first and said to them 'we should have jsut said you go flying off into a plunge pool'. Been waiting for what must be 8 years to get the opportunity again.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
From Blackthidot..."if you recite one more line Im going to sucker punch you in your chest and you won't talk for the rest of your trip. Half the boat applauded me. Im not ever a violent person. ...He did stop though :animwink:"

Violence is never the answer, but the threat of violence is in this case! :animwink:

Agreed

Oddysey

Once I was walking through Frontierland and I pulled a bottle of Aleve pain medicine out of my pocket to take for a headache. Apparently one of the other guest was hoping it was something else and literally ran up to me frantically asking "do you have any oxys...my back is killing me". Obviously he was referring to the prescription drug oxycontin. I said no and he proceeded to ask what was in my hand. I said "it's Aleve do you want some?" He then took a couple pills from me and left.

LoriMistress

Can you please hold my hand dude? It was Tom (WDWFigment).

I havent really been asked anything odd but I have heard some WEIRD ish from people around me. It is mainly people just going on and on about knowing it all and they are WAY off.

People like that need to put in their place. I had something like that. We were riding POTC (back in '063) and this woman continued to take pictures (using her flash) throughout the entire ride. She tried to pretend she didn't understand and her daughter kept on translating to her the entire time (she was sitting right in front of me), I finally told her, "The next time you take a picture, you'll have the unfortunate fate of Christopher Reeves." I'm no way a violent person, but I just had it. The daughter translated for her mother, and I saw very quickly she put her camera down and stopped taking pictures.

LoriMistress

Once I was walking through Frontierland and I pulled a bottle of Aleve pain medicine out of my pocket to take for a headache. Apparently one of the other guest was hoping it was something else and literally ran up to me frantically asking "do you have any oxys...my back is killing me". Obviously he was referring to the prescription drug oxycontin. I said no and he proceeded to ask what was in my hand. I said "it's Aleve do you want some?" He then took a couple pills from me and left.
Man, what a junkie!

LucyintheSky

I just remembered something that I was actually asked on more than one occasion when I worked at IASW. It totally floored me when the people would ask, in all seriousness: Is this a fast/scary ride? Does it have big drops?

I would think, Seriously???

Fast, definitely not. Scary, well, that depends on what kind of scary you're talking about! :ROFLOL:

Or I had a few people just ask me in general what the ride was. :eek: Not foreigners, either, Americans. I always kind of assumed that even people who had never been to WDW, or who weren't Disney fans had at least *heard* of It's a Small World. Unless they live under a rock. :shrug:

Chevross

A few guests have asked me if I could give them "co-workers" phone numbers due to my career. Like I can give out that information.

imagineer boy

I'm amazed how much of a question magnet I can be when people overhear me talking knolegably about the place. So far I havn't got any dumb questions, just basic ones.

TakeMeThere81

One evening while at World Showcase I had a couple come up to my husband and I and ask us if we wanted to go drinking around the world. It went like this:

Stranger: "Hey you guys look like a lot of fun!"

Me: "Uh...thanks!"

Stranger: "Any chance you guys want to 'drink around the world'?"

Me: *semi-speechless* "Uuuuummmmm..." as I look toward our stroller and my husband to save me from the awkward situation that I have stumbled into.

Stranger: "OH!!!!!.....NEVERMIND!!" And then they just walked away.

I'm so sorry my kids cramped their style. LOL My guess is that they'd been drinking around the world all day already!! But it was weird. :lookaroun

disneypearl

I was visiting the Wilderness Lodge to see the geyser, thanks to a tip from one of the Samantha Brown specials. As I was waiting a couple saw me standing there and quickly started to come towards me. I thought they were going to ask me when the geyser was going to erupt or something along those lines. Nope. They had a Magic Kingdom park map open and looked confused. They told me they were lost and was wondering if I could show them on the map where we were. I said, "what?" They said again that they were lost and if I could show them on the map where they were. I said, "Well, that is a Magic Kingdom map." They said that they knew and they knew that they had just gotton off the Jungle Cruise and now they can't figure out where they were. I then had to explain that they were actually at the Wilderness Lodge and that they would have to take the boat back to the Magic Kingdom. Turns out that they thought the boat ride to Wilderness Lodge was actually the Jungle Cruise. The girl just burst out laughing and hit her boyfriend/husband with the map and they walked off. It was obviously their first trip to WDW and I am sure they were amazed once they actually made it to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom