What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

diddy_mouse

In the GF on the ground floor, I had an older lady ask me "where do these stairs go to?" and I just couldn't resist and told her "up"!:ROFLOL:

LOL! That reminds me of when my husband and I were at the Contemporary, riding the elevator up to the CA Grill. A couple got on with us and asked as seriously as possible, "Does this elevator go to the 15th Floor?" when there was clearly a button to press for that floor.

glee

We were about finished with our breakfast and just received the check at Cape May Cafe (perfect timing to make rope drop at Epcot) when a father and his 5 year old daughter were seated beside us. He told us a sob story about forgetting his camera and asked if we'd stick around and take pictures of his daughter with all the characters and then email them to him.

I pointed him in the direction of the Beach Club gift shop for a throwaway camera. I figured if he was willing to put someone else out by asking them to stick around for what could have been 20-30+ minutes to take pictures, he'd surely be willing to buy an overpriced throwaway camera. He was.

What an idiot. Talk about making a fool out of himself! :mad:

Figment632

I had a guest ask me where to get a wheel chair so they can cut the lines!!! This is what I pictuered in my head

picard-facepalm.jpg

steener618

Oh I got another one from a fellow friend who was also a CM.

He was at Star Tours one day and got asked by a woman, "why did you replace Back to the Future with this stupid Star Wars ride?"

He told her that Back to the Future was Universal Studios...yet she didnt believe him. (At the time, Back to the Future was still at Universal. Today, it is replaced by The Simpsons Ride).

DisneyLeo18

In the GF on the ground floor, I had an older lady ask me "where do these stairs go to?" and I just couldn't resist and told her "up"!:ROFLOL:

I once has some one ask me if the stairs were the "up stairs" or the "down stairs"... I said "down", but only because I couldn't think of a better comeback because I was in shock.:brick:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was wearing a shirt that had the name of my friends band and the EP name and it said "burry me face down" Weird choice for a cover I know. Some guy for 10 minutes who barley spoke english said "why" to me over and over again and finally pointed the letters out on my shirt, I told him it was the name of my friends song and tried to speak as clear as I could and all he said was "me no speak english" LOL. After that he patted my back and said got to go before my kids run off, have a nice day.

Missymoe4

Just for the record, just because someone is a teacher and goes through extensive background checks and fingerprinting doesn't mean they are "safe." Teachers also aren't the world's babysitters of last resort. I have friends who assume all the time that I would love to watch their kids with virtually no notice just because I am a teacher and I "love kids." I don't call up my accountant friend on a Saturday night and ask him to help me balance my checkbook because he "loves numbers." :lol:

THREAD DRIFT--sorry!! :(
Thank you!! When that school bell rings, I'm not in the mood to babysit because I "love kids". In fact, some days I'm done with kids after dealing with teens all day.

Rinx

During my CP last spring I always got questions while driving the monorail from the people up front if I'm actually driving and steering or if we are on a track. *sigh*

Avenger117

He was at Star Tours one day and got asked by a woman, "why did you replace Back to the Future with this stupid Star Wars ride?"

I'm surprised more Universal questions aren't on this thread. I have had so many people(including family members) in Disney parks ask me where a ride was only to tell them that it was at Universal.

Last time I went to Animal Kingdom I was exiting Dinosaur and this woman asked me where Jurassic Park was. I told her it was at Islands of Adventure. She then insisted that it was at the Animal Kingdom and that I was wrong and that one of the reasons they came to Animal Kingdom was because her son loved Jurassic Park. I tried to explain it wasn't a Disney ride and she refused to believe me.

wdwwdeagle

2-Two southern girls asked "Where are you guys from?"
Me: "Long Island"
Them:"Oh, that must be in Jersey".:brick:

:lookaroun

Sorry, DisneyLeo18, but if they were true southern girls, they wouldn't use the term "you guys" -- we use "y'all" instead! hahaha.

Just had to point that out. However, I could definitely see a southern girl being, or at least acting, that ding-ey. So I'm guessing they were from somewhere quasi-southern, like Virginia.

lazyboy97o

I'm surprised more Universal questions aren't on this thread. I have had so many people(including family members) in Disney parks ask me where a ride was only to tell them that it was at Universal.

Last time I went to Animal Kingdom I was exiting Dinosaur and this woman asked me where Jurassic Park was. I told her it was at Islands of Adventure. She then insisted that it was at the Animal Kingdom and that I was wrong and that one of the reasons they came to Animal Kingdom was because her son loved Jurassic Park. I tried to explain it wasn't a Disney ride and she refused to believe me.
During my brief stint at the Disney Store I had quite a few people get very upset because I refused to allow them to return merchandise purchased from Six Flags or Universal Studios. Also had a lot of people ask why we did not have any Shrek merchandise.

Ziffell

I was visiting the Wilderness Lodge to see the geyser, thanks to a tip from one of the Samantha Brown specials. As I was waiting a couple saw me standing there and quickly started to come towards me. I thought they were going to ask me when the geyser was going to erupt or something along those lines. Nope. They had a Magic Kingdom park map open and looked confused. They told me they were lost and was wondering if I could show them on the map where we were. I said, "what?" They said again that they were lost and if I could show them on the map where they were. I said, "Well, that is a Magic Kingdom map." They said that they knew and they knew that they had just gotton off the Jungle Cruise and now they can't figure out where they were. I then had to explain that they were actually at the Wilderness Lodge and that they would have to take the boat back to the Magic Kingdom. Turns out that they thought the boat ride to Wilderness Lodge was actually the Jungle Cruise. The girl just burst out laughing and hit her boyfriend/husband with the map and they walked off. It was obviously their first trip to WDW and I am sure they were amazed once they actually made it to the park.

I think these people were probably messing with you, and you bought it hook, line and sinker! :wave:

Hrudey3032

I was wearing a shirt that had the name of my friends band and the EP name and it said "burry me face down" Weird choice for a cover I know. Some guy for 10 minutes who barley spoke english said "why" to me over and over again and finally pointed the letters out on my shirt, I told him it was the name of my friends song and tried to speak as clear as I could and all he said was "me no speak english" LOL. After that he patted my back and said got to go before my kids run off, have a nice day.

Pot meet Kettle

Mikester71

"Can you take our picture?"

I know, doesn't sound strange. However, this often asked question lead to a strange experience for me.
My wife was using the restroom so I parked myself at the closest bench. A young couple asked me if I could take their picture. "Absolutely" was my response. They stood there and I told them to say, "Mickey Mouse." SNAP. They thanked me. However, another couple was standing right next to me and asked me the same question. "Sure." I had nothing better to do. This one took a bit longer as they had some trouble with their older camera. After a couple of takes, we got it. I turned around and to my horror, a line of about 8 people had formed waiting for me to take their pictures:lookaroun. I said, "Sorry folks, I have other things to do." A woman looked at me all disgusted and said, "Don't you work here?" Uh....no. Does Disney uniform their photographers in "Three Stooges t-shirts, khaki shorts and sandals? It was just a very "odd" situation.

:ROFLOL:That's hilarious!!!! I would have said, "$5 please and SMILE!" You could have paid for your whole vacation if you had a free afternoon! :sohappy:

LucyintheSky

I hate it when people confuse Universal with Disney. Drives me crazy. :brick:

At work one day, a guest came up looking at a MK map, totally confused. I asked if she needed help, and she said, "I can't find it on here anywhere... Where's the ET ride?" :hammer:

I told her that it was at Universal, which is a totally separate theme park, and has nothing to do with Disney. She looked like she didn't believe me.

What I can't figure out is how someone can be aware enough to know that there *is* an ET attraction, but still clueless enough to think Universal and Disney are the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom