What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

puntagordabob

Downtown Disney Bus Depot: "Hi! Can you please tell me which bus stop goes to Islands of Adventure?"

...And Yes they were serious... My mouth must have resembled :() I was polite and did not do what Bill Engvall would have told me to do: Make them a special sign to hang around their neck! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

DisneyLeo18

Sorry, DisneyLeo18, but if they were true southern girls, they wouldn't use the term "you guys" -- we use "y'all" instead! hahaha.

Just had to point that out. However, I could definitely see a southern girl being, or at least acting, that ding-ey. So I'm guessing they were from somewhere quasi-southern, like Virginia.

:lol:
You're probably right. It was a few years ago, so all I remembered was that she assumed I was from Jersey.

nighttimewisher

This one was during tropical storm Fay a few years back

We were leaving EPCOT after standing in the rain to watch Illuminations - it had been raining all day. A lady walking beside me commented to me about the poor weather, then looked at me pleading and asked me if it was going to get better!
She looked heart-broken so I told her it should clear-up soon. That seemed to cheer her up!

Also in line for Rip Ride Rocket in Universal, my father got asked by the lady in front (think she was drunk) how much he weighed! That one shocked us

Ilovewishes

:lookaroun Not sure which part of the UK this 'Brit' was from.

I'm impressed with your accurate description too, although just to prove that we are cultured enough to eat bagels over here, a Northern England response to such a question would probably go something like this....

'its a bun w'an 'ole in it!'.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I love it! That would be my answer down to a T, complete with full on, Northern accent! And living down South, I get a lot of stick for my accent!

kerafaith

Not weird just frequent: Where'd you get that?

I drink Dr Pepper, and you know you can't get that at DW:veryconfu, so I take it with me. I buy the 6pk plastic bottles & take 1 or 2 into the parks with me (depends on how long we're staying in that park). My mom usualy holds the backpack & my dr pepper when I go on rides & she's had many people ask her where she got it from. We were in line for the emh braclets at Animal Kingdom & this family (mom, dad & son) were in front of us. The lady asked us where we got it from cause her son had been dieing for one all day. Needless to say he didn't look happy when we said we brought it with us. Then again noone ever does look happy when we tell them that. :shrug:

cassiedoodle

This time last year my husband and I were on our honeymoon. We stayed at Saratoga Springs and we were swimming at about 10:30pm. I was swimming into the deep end and my husband was far behind me and said my name "Cassie" to get my attention for some reason.

All of a sudden, about 10-15 13 year old girls start bobbing toward me in the pool with their hands above their hands, resembling shark fins repeating "Cassie...Cassie....Cassie.....Cassie...Cassie...." They formed a circle around me and repeating my name. I was so stunned, I had NO idea what to do! They all kept saying my name, and one asked if they could braid my hair... I was in such shock of what was going on, I didn't answer. Then a girl in front of me said "You have really pretty hair, Cassie!" and one behind me said "I braided it for you, Cassie!!!" My mouth was hanging open :eek: But I couldn't do anything but shake my head and laugh. My brand new husband just swam there and laughed as hard as he could. After LITERALLY 5 minutes of hearing my name repeated by a dozen girls, what I assumed to be their chaperone told them to head to their rooms.

Now I've been to WDW about 20-30 times in my life, but NOTHING will ever top that incredibly weird experience.

loveofamouse

This past Dec, at HS, I was in the restroom in a restaurant near M3D (sorry not sure of name). I came out of the stall and noticed a child, maybe 3, in a stall with the door wide open. She was completely alone. Being a mom, I stayed in the bathroom. I didn't approach the girl. I just took a really long time to wash my hands. When she was about done redressing, I left the bathroom. The girl's dad was outside the bathroom and asked me how his daughter was doing. Huh?! Did you really just send a barely 3 yr old to a public restroom alone!? There's could have been 2 doors and she could have gone out of the wrong one. Geez!

This one is more of a CM screw up:
I have a son with Special Needs who, at the time, was using a baby stroller as a WC. We had the sticker and card but, by day 5, the sticker was in tatters. I went to GS at EP and got another. This one was white, though. No biggie. Well, we get over to Nemo and a CM confronted us about having a stroller in the aquarium area. I politely showed her the red card AND the sticker. She, then, proceeds to accuse me of using a SW sticker at Disney :eek: seriously!? I said to her Besides the fact that stroller as wheelchair is stroller as wheelchair, no matter what park, that sticker came from Epcot GS and she needed to get a supervisor now. I couldn't believe that?! That was our first trip with us actually using services provided for SNs and we weren't impressed but it was made up for the next few times :)

Really rude guest: We were at HS waiting for the parade. I parked my son's WC behind some people sitting on the ground. Right as the parade starts, these hispanic women come and squeeze in to stand in front of his wheelchair. I said excuse me you're blocking his view. They acted like they spoke no english even though I just heard them speaking english. So, being that they assumed I didn't speak spanish since Im black, I proceeded to call them ignorant and rude for standing in front of a wheelchair like that in spanish. They were shocked but still didn't move. *sigh* Can't fix stupid, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom