what is the one thing in all of wdw that remind s you of walt the most

heartodisney

:) Next time you walk into the Magic Kingdom..stop and just turn and really WATCH the faces of people as THEY enter! Now that is the real magic and Walt's legacy to me! :animwink:

perry23

Well, I would say CoP because it was really one of "Walt's attractions".
(I don't know if it's true but I think someone told me it is the only attraction that cannot be closed because it was Walt's will)

Dave Disney

I'd definitely have to say CoP if we're talking attractions because it just is full of Walt's spirit and exemplifies what he wanted all of his attractions to be for his guests.

Otherwise Walt's window at the end of Main Street around the corner on the right is a special spot. Our Keys to the Kingdom guide told us how CM's like to think the window is where it is so Walt can watch all the happy faces walking out of his park at the end of the day. We always stop and give a wave a smile of thanks to that window as we make our way out.

Lisalyn

Definitely Main Street USA, The Partners Statue AND One Man's Dream...

Oh dear...I apologize - that was 3 things! LOL :ROFLOL:

Lee

Adventurer
At WDW....almost nothing reminds me of Walt "the man."
At Disneyland, however....almost everything has a "Walt vibe."

brich

The Power Rangers at the Studios.... :lookaroun
....that was sarcasm my peeps...:p

I'll say the one thing at WDW is probably the train...
But I do agree with Lee that Disneyland has a stronger Walt vibe over all... :)

goofykt

This is kind of simple (and cheesy)...but the benches located on the walkway leading from Adventureland back to the castle (near the Crystal Palace).

When I sit on one of those benches, staring up at the castle and watching adorable little families go by, I think about how Walt first got the idea for Disneyland. He was sitting on a bench watching his daughters on a carousel, wishing there were someplace an entire family could go to have fun together.

And there's my little WDW sentimental moment :cry:

The Mom

Premium Member
I would have to say IASW. I saw it at the New York World's Fair when Walt was still very much alive, then again in WDW 20 years later. It still makes me feel like a child, even though the song drives me crazy.

DisneyWall-E

The feeling I get when I walk under the train station to Main Street. You know the one, Its like I can feel all the good vibes coming from all the happy guests. To me that was Walts dream, to have people come togeather, young and old, and have fun and forget there problems. God bless Walt Disney.

EPCOT Explorer

Aww, sweet thread. :)

For me, CoP, the Monorail, and MSUSA with a glimpse of the Castle. SSE and EPCOT gives me a "Walt" vibe, but it's different. It's not "This is him" but, "this is what he dreamed of".:eek:

Vince3

If I have to choose just one, it would be COP.I think COP would sum up Walt's vision.

3 day's and we are at WL!

AGentlRose

Toss up between Main St. USA and the Walt Disney Railroad (Walt's love of trains and I always remember the video of him riding his miniature backyard train)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom