What is the funniest thing you overheard another guest say in WDW?

EOD K9

This is from Disneyland, but hopefully I can get partial credit: I was waiting to get into DCA yesterday when the Indiana Jones music comes on as part of the background loop. Woman behind me says, "Wow. They're already playing the Star Wars music since they just bought them." :rolleyes:

In all fairness, John Williams was the composer for both, he does have an epic style of music.

awesomeinabox

Picture yourself walking towards the big ugly hat from ToT in the middle of June. Look to your right and see a 400 pound woman sitting on the bench eating a turkey leg in the swealtering heat as a cast member is sweeping. The CM goes to sweep up a French fry she also dropped and the woman stopped the CM and said in the best southern drawl "are you gonna get that fry." & then tried to pick it up as if to eat it. To this day my BF and I say that when we see a errant fry on the ground.

sam&mia

waiting in queue for Space Mountain - group discussion nearby: "I just can't tell - is Goofy a dog, or a horse?" with ensuing debate. Hardly noticed the wait time with the discussion so lively.

that one has stuck with us for over a decade now.

haha!
my 4 year old will argue with anyone that Goofy is a cow as his girlfriend Clarabelle is a cow, so much so that we asked a cast member on our recent trip to Animal Kingdom!
the cast member who was very nice explained to her that he is in fact a dog but as we walked away she said he is very wrong a dog cannot have girlfriend cow :)
it turned into a half hour discussion involving 5 family members im sure we sounded quite funny to anyone walking by!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
haha!
my 4 year old will argue with anyone that Goofy is a cow as his girlfriend Clarabelle is a cow, so much so that we asked a cast member on our recent trip to Animal Kingdom!
the cast member who was very nice explained to her that he is in fact a dog but as we walked away she said he is very wrong a dog cannot have girlfriend cow :)
it turned into a half hour discussion involving 5 family members im sure we sounded quite funny to anyone walking by!
Ahhh, the eternal argument.

Briangwen7

Mine isn't from a guest it was from a cast member in Norway, she told us that
Maelstrom was a slow & gental ride. I never had been on this ride, and I was like really, slow and gental? -.- But I liked it! :) Obviously that cast member had never gone on the ride. Lol

SulleyanBoo

Last month, we did a 3 day trip to The World for my birthday and The Food and Wine Festival. I really try to make it a tradtition to myself to have a Mickey's Premium Bar every time I go to WDW at least once through our trip(s) so, sticking to my tradition we only had a little bit of time on the last day due to my fiance having to get home to work so we went to HS at 9 am for the opening. I said heck with it...I dont care if Its breakfast time, I'm getting a Mickey's Premium bar for breakfast. Well, I did..it was delicious as always and a little girl with her dad were walking towards where I was standing and the little girl went to me and said "see daddy, that's what I want, now now now, I want THAT!!!!" He looked at me with that (thanks for making my 6 year old want a huge sugared out ice cream bar at 9 in the morning look) lol needlessly to say we all got a good laugh and I bet that little girl had a more awesome start to her Disney day all thanks to me ;)

SulleyanBoo

Oh, and when I worked as a CP 9 out of 10 guests came up to me and asked me to direct them to get to the "FAST TRACK" (they meant to say TEST track):p

tink729

This wasn't technically in WDW but it was said by probably a three year old boy sitting behind me on the flight to Orlando:

"Daddy, this Soarin ride is awesome!!"

It got a good chuckle out of me and my mom.

"I am not afraid of hobos"- about 9 year old boy
"Oh my cheese and crackers it's cold out here!"- about 5 year old in the middle of boardwalk resort with only a speedo on in the middle of December
"I wish they had a day care here"- middle aged mother who was about to kill her small children
"mommy, that girl has ears on her head!"- about 7 year old girl in awe with my pink mickey ears

MKCP 1985

I once heard a guy who was convinced and would tell everyone who would listen that in Pirates of the Caribbean, they used to fire live cannonballs over your head in the pirate ship attacking the castle scene.

And that King Louie used to be in the Jungle Cruise temple, and that the walls would crumble as you went through.

Luigi

A guy getting off a ride at somewhere in Disney World:

"I cannot wait to get back and post on the internet how this ride sucks and Disney is going down hill!"

;)

I_heart_Tigger

Here are my favourites from working as a cast member. I'm always entertained by people who think they know about Canada even though they really don't. And, yes I realize that there are some Americans who know things about Canada - I just wish they would come to the pavilion because we rarely meet any there. :p

Mother and Daughter coming from UK pavilion
Daughter: Is Canada owned by England, too
Mother: No honey Canada is owned by the United States

I don't know if she was being culturally ignorant or making a political statement. I also shudder to think what the daughter learned about all of the other countries.

Man sees my nametag which says Nova Scotia and my co-workers which says British Columbia and asks where they are. I tell him Nova Scotia is east of Maine and he tells me there is nothing east of Maine. My co-worker tells him British Columbia is above Washington state and he says, "Now I know, you're lying. Canada doesn't go all the way across! If it did it would touch two oceans" We tried to tell him that Canada touches 3 oceans but he left, laughing and shaking his head.

A man says he'll give me $10 if I can stump him on a question about Canada but answer a question about the United States. I ask him the capitol of Canada and he (incorrectly) says Toronto. He asks me (have to do this phonetically...sorry) "How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky - is it Loo-ee-ville or Loo-is-ville?"

I put my thinking face on and say, "I believe it's pronounced Frankfort" and hold my hand out. He actually did try to give me the $10 but I wouldn't take it.

I also had someone ask how I get to work each day. I told her Disney has a shuttle van that takes me from my apartment to work. She was amazed Disney shuttled us in each day...from Canada!

As for non-Canada related one's. I overheard a man telling his wife that the turkey legs were from turkey farms where they are forced to run on treadmills until their legs get all muscular. She thought that was very inhumane.

I overheard a little girl telling her father who Captain Hook and Mr Smee are. "The Captain drives the boat and plays piano and has a pet gator who likes to bite him and Mr Smee is his boyfriend."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom