What If… Disney Parks Edition Game Thread

Mr. Tux

Team Loki
Project 006.JPG

Fantasy Forest: (Sub-Section of Fantasyland)

Attractions:

1. Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Copy Of TDL's version of PHH)
2. Wilderness Run (Robin Hood themed junior coaster)
3. Alice In Wonderland (Improved version of DL's version of AIW)
4. Walt Disney World Railroad - Fantasyland Station)
5. Hundred Acres Theater (Meet & Greet with Pooh, Tigger, & Piglet)

Dining:

6. Wild Wood Treats (Snack Stand)

Shopping:

7. Hundred Acres Goods

Wild Wood Treats
IMG_5284.jpeg

(It would look kinda like this, but a bit bigger and with more fantastical elements)

Nestled in between the other rides and attractions in the Fantasy Forest is a small treehouse. This treehouse, ran by the cute critters who call the forest home, is home to Wild Wood Treats, a snack stand that serves many kinds of desserts. Guests can feast on ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, and more while enjoying their time at the Magic Kingdom.

Sample Menu:

Soft Serve Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, Honey, Swirl)

Hundred Acre Wood Sundae (Honey ice cream topped with honey, sprinkles, and an edible tree)

Tigger Tails (Pretzel rods covered in black and orange icing, topped with a black marshmallow that is sure to make you feel bouncy)

Assorted Cookie Pops (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Bambi, Cheshire Cat)

Mickey Ice Cream Bar

Mickey Pretzel

Cupcake of the Day (most recent flavors include cookies and cream, rocky road, and blueberry)

Bambi‘s Meadow Cupcake (Chocolate cupcake topped with green icing, sprinkles, and edible Bambi and Thumper candies)

Drinks:

Coke Products

Milk, Water, Coffee, Juice, Lemonade, Iced Tea

”Drink Me” Potion (A sweet and enticing drink made of Cherry Coke and pineapple juice that might make you shrink*, you can get it in a standard cup or in a souvenir bottle)
*consuming this drink does not make the sipper shrink

Wilderness Run:
1687817433096.jpeg

1. Entrance and Queue:As you approach Wilderness Run, you'll be greeted by a vibrant entrance archway resembling the entrance to Sherwood Forest. The queue area is adorned with lush greenery and thematic elements depicting the characters from Disney's Robin Hood, such as Robin, Maid Marian, Little John, and the Sheriff of Nottingham. The delightful soundtrack of the film plays in the background, adding to the immersive atmosphere.
  2. Ride Vehicle:The ride features colorful, cart-style ride vehicles designed to resemble the carts used by the Merry Men. Each vehicle accommodates up to four passengers, allowing families and friends to experience the adventure together. The vehicles are equipped with comfortable seats, lap bars for safety, and a scenic canopy overhead.
  3. Forest Adventure:Once aboard Wilderness Run, the ride begins with a gentle ascent, surrounded by a scenic forest environment. As you ascend higher, the sound of chirping birds and rustling leaves fills the air. The sights and sounds transport you into the heart of Sherwood Forest, where Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men roam.
  4. Twists and Turns:As the coaster reaches the top, it quickly dives into a series of twists and turns. The track weaves in and out of the dense forest, mimicking the daring escapades of Robin Hood. The ride remains family-friendly, with moderate speed and gentle drops that offer just the right amount of excitement for junior riders.
  5. Encounters with Characters:Throughout the ride, you'll encounter animatronic figures of the film's iconic characters. Robin Hood might be seen swinging from a tree branch, Little John could be fishing by the river, or Maid Marian may be dancing in a clearing. These charming scenes bring the story to life, allowing you to feel like part of the adventure.
  6. Climactic Finale:As Wilderness Run nears its conclusion, the coaster picks up a bit more speed, taking riders on a thrilling final helix or an exciting small drop. The anticipation builds as the ride races back to the station, providing a satisfying climax to the experience.
  7. Unloading:Upon returning to the station, riders disembark from their carts.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt:
Pooh.jpg

Serving as the anchor attraction of Fantasy Forest, Pooh's Hunny Hunt is a marvelous, one of a kind adventure with Pooh as he searches for Hunny.

Queue:
Qunee.JPG

(Christopher Robin's House)

The queue for the ride starts by going through the entrance, which is shaped like a giant story book. Once inside, the rest of the line is made up of the pages of the story book which tell various parts of the story. Guests then board big, five-seater honey pots. These honey pots travel through the ride in groups of three.

Ride:
HUNNY.jpg

Upon leaving the station, and making a left into the ride, the Honey pots stop in a line in front of a short video which has Christopher Robin giving Pooh a balloon. The vehicles then enter the blustery day. In here the vehicles take turns visiting the various scenes as Pooh can been seen flying around on his balloon. Kanga and Roo, Eeyore, Owl, Rabbit, and Piglet being blown from the wind.

As the vehicles unite to leave the room, guests enter Tigger's Woods where guests enter a dark room with three screens surrounded by trees. A swarm of bees flies through all three before Tigger comes in and starts singing and bouncing. The entire room, the trees, and the honey pots then begin to bounce with Tigger as he bounces from screen to screen. He then jumps up into one of the trees and the swarm of bees reemerges. The honey pots then go backward down a hallway filled with branches with Tigger seen clinging to one with a beehive stuck to his head.

Afterwards, guests enter Pooh's house, where he is seen asleep with the balloon next to him. As he mumbles, the balloon grows the ears and eyes of a heffalump and the entire room vanishes into a starfield. Pooh then floats up into the air.

The vehicles then enter Pooh's dream sequence filled with the Heffalumps and Woozles that Pooh dreams about. This room is by far the most vibrant as the honey pots dance in circles with each other to a jazzy Heffalump band as colored lights and disco balls spin throughout the room. In a mirror found in the room, a balloon-like Heffalump can be seen sucking up honey from a honey pot before deflating. A Woozle can also be seen lighting a cannon shaped like a honey pot. Pooh is also seen hanging onto a living hot air balloon with a honey pot-like basket trying to reach for a beehive. There are many vehicles (one of them has a Heffalump and Woozle family riding in it) in this room and whenever three enter, three leave. The leaving vehicles exit through the trunk of a giant Heffalump which contains a tunnel. The vehicles go down the tunnel backward as Pooh spins above with projections of Heffalumps and Woozles.

The last room the vehicles pass through is the Honey Tree, where Pooh is eating his fill while singing how much he loves honey amidst its scent. The vehicles then pass a big, closed storybook of the adventure and then return to the unloading area as the narrator concludes the story.

TheOriginalTiki

Team Wanda Proudly Presents:
Tigger's Make Believe Land
During Michael Eisner's infamous reign over the Disney parks in the late 90s, there was one word that rang in his head above all others when it came to his design philosophy..."Synergy". The once-maverick had after Disneyland Paris lost his touch for dreaming up game-changing Imagineering masterpieces like Indiana Jones Adventure and the Tower of Terror. With the company bleeding money, safe bets were what he was after. And in 1999, what was a safer bet than the upcoming DisneyToon Studios smash hit The Tigger Movie??

scale

Taking the place of Mickey's ToonTown Fair, Tigger's Make Believe Land will play host to everyone's actual favorite resident of the 100 Acre Woods. Every inch of Tigger's Make Believe Land is themed to Tigger's imagination, with realistic depictions of the settings giving way to fanciful imagery. Part of the fun is that within the design there's a blurry line between where the real world ends and the make believe begins. Click here to get on the Tigger train!

DisneyManOne

1686456788035-png.722834

Team Cassie would like to preface this post with a television commercial made for their project. Sadly, all footage of it is seemingly lost to time, but one of us remembered the commercial played on an old VHS taping, and they were more than happy to provide us with the transcript.

~ ~ ~

Fade in.

A storybook bearing the Magic Kingdom logo rests on a pedestal. Like in all the classic Disney fairytales, the book opens to reveal an image of people riding Dumbo.

NARRATOR
Once upon a time, there was a land of fantasy...

The usual stock footage of people riding Dumbo and the carousel; and stock footage of "it's a small world" and Peter Pan's Flight play.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
where classic stories came to life like never before.

A costumed character Sorcerer Mickey approaches the edge of the woods.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
But one day, a great discovery was made. There was a whole new world to explore!

Mickey runs around the Wonderland Playground with Alice and the Mad Hatter.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
There were wondrous sights to see...

With Robin Hood's guidance, Mickey fires an arrow at a target.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
...adventurous deeds to do...

Intercut with footage of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, we see Mickey in the actual ride vehicle reacting to the ride as he goes through it.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
...incredible journeys to take...

Mickey shares a picnic with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit and Eeyore.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
...and plenty of new friends to make.

Mickey stands outside the entrance to the woods, joined by Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, Eeyore, Robin Hood, Maid Marian and Little John. He makes the "come on over" gesture.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
And now, we invite you to come and explore this magical new realm for yourself.

Other costumed Disney characters -- particularly those represented in Fantasyland: Snow White, the Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, Dumbo, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Peter Pan, Wendy, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, the Beast, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Timon and Rafiki -- approach from the village.

In an aerial shot, we see the Fantasyland characters meet the Woods characters. There are hugs and handshakes all around as the villagers welcome the new neighbors. The Woods of Wonder logo appears above the scene.

NARRATOR (cont'd)
Enter the Woods of Wonder, a new realm of Fantasyland. Only at the Magic Kingdom Park.

The Woods of Wonder turns into "pixie dust" and disappears, with the Magic Kingdom logo appearing in its place.

Fade out.

~ ~ ~​

But what are the Woods of Wonder, you may very well ask? Well, the story behind these Woods is a very interesting story, indeed. Travel with us back in time now, to the year 2001, where our story begins...

~ ~ ~​

For as long as Winnie the Pooh has been a part of the Disney family, there have been countless attempts to give the silly old bear his own attraction at the Disney Parks. However, most of the early plans fell through. Pooh was originally meant to be given a dark ride as part of Disneyland's New Fantasyland, but that didn't happen. Likewise, Pooh was originally going to be part of Mickey's Toontown, but those plans fell through and the concept was re-worked as Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. By the time the late '90s came and went, the only major Pooh representation in any Disney Park was the Winnie the Pooh...and Friends, Too! show at Disneyland Paris.

However, as the 2000s approached, Disney Imagineers decided to go back and rectify their wrongs by giving Pooh a home in not one, not two, but THREE Disney Parks. Tokyo Disneyland would see their old Skyway station be demolished and replaced with Pooh's Hunny Hunt, an elaborate trackless dark ride. Disneyland would see the Country Bears play their last show in order to make way for Pooh. But as for the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, plans for a Winnie the Pooh attraction came with an even bigger surrounding area.

In the spring of 1998, Disney announced that Mickey's Toontown Fair would be closing permanently to make way for an expansion of Fantasyland, which would not only house a Floridian Winnie the Pooh attraction, but also feature areas themed to "Alice in Wonderland" and "Robin Hood", all to be housed within a new sub-area entitled "Woods of Wonder." The final day of operation for Mickey's Toontown Fair was September 7, 1998, and the land would spend nearly two years within the confines of work walls, preparing for the new land's arrival.

img_2592-jpeg.726548

And on October 1, 2001, the very day Walt Disney World is set to begin its "100 Years of Magic" Celebration, Magic Kingdom guests will be invited to step into the Woods of Wonder for the first time. The area is currently in its soft-opening phase, and from the feedback Cast Members are getting, guests are really happy with this new addition to the Magic Kingdom, with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the Enchanted Library meet 'n' greet garnering some very long lines. Plus, the various play areas are also getting high praise; finally giving kids a major place in the park to frolic and have a blast while parents can take a load off their feet and just enjoy the whimsical atmosphere.

Below is the official poster for the new realm, which will prominently be displayed alongside the other posters lining the entrance tunnel walls. Click on it, and you'll be taken to the official website, where you'll be given a glimpse of what you can expect to find in these fantastical forests. Welcome, one and all, to...

Woods of Wonder

~ ~ ~​

Oh, and as an addendum, we'd like to point out something about this website. The image of Robin Hood in a snowglobe may seem a little odd, but it's because of something that wasn't touched on. The Woods of Wonder expansion would go on to inspire a float in the all-new Share a Dream Come True Parade!

The float is known as "Go the Distance", and its placement is in-between "Face Your Darkest Fears" (the villains float) and "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (the princess float). This float celebrates heroic moments from the Disney canon. Designed to look like a forest, and heralded by knights on horseback (using a similar technology as the knights from Tokyo's new DreamLights parade), the castle features various Disney heroes standing on the balconies: Hercules, Mulan (in her solider outfit), Prince Phillip and Aurora, Maid Marian and Little John.

In the snowglobe is Prince John's castle. The snowglobe rests on top of a giant tree stump, upon which is a target. Robin Hood stands outside the snowglobe on a parapet, bow and arrow at the ready.

During the show stop, Robin Hood calls on the audience to help him restore order to Nottingham.

"Everyone, there's terrible trouble in Nottingham! Prince John has once again made off with the money of the citizens of Nottingham! I need your help to retrieve it so that the Merry Men and I can give it back to the people. Prince John is rather cowardly and knows the people are against him. We need to show him that we are not afraid of him! On the count of three, everyone shout "Oo-de-lally!" Ready? One...two...three..."

As the crowd shouts "Oo-de-lally!", he fires the arrow at the target, and golden confetti fills the snowglobe! Prince John has been depleted of his ill-gotten taxes!

~ ~ ~
Another addendum: Here is a portfolio featuring all the art made during the development of this project.

~ ~ ~

Credits

Introduction -- @DisneyManOne
Prezi Layout -- @MonorailRed
Artwork Portfolio -- @Architectural Guinea Pig

The Flying Honey Bee -- @MonorailRed
Tigger's Bounce-A-Long -- @FigmentPigments
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh -- @DisneyManOne
Hundred Acre Wood Dining -- @FigmentPigments

Robin Hood's Merry Meadow -- @DisneyManOne

The Enchanted Library & Fantasyland Railroad Station -- @DisneyManOne

Alice's Labyrinth & Wonderland Waterworks -- @Architectural Guinea Pig
A Curious Snack Place -- @FigmentPigments

Share a Dream Come True Float -- @DisneyManOne; from an idea by @MonorailRed

Artwork -- @MonorailRed, @DisneyManOne, @Architectural Guinea Pig, @FigmentPigments

~ ~ ~​

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Loki - Fantasy Forest

Once again, I really appreciate the effort the few on the team still interested in turning things out. The start of summer has been hit or miss in terms of activity but I think the few who have stuck around are going to be something special over the next few games if you keep at it.

As for this project, I really like the map. While it's realistic for sure to clone Hunny Hunt from Tokyo, and I'm sure that perhaps was for lack of time, it would be nice in the free reign imagineering to see a new concept for a Pooh ride, maybe a water ride, a coaster, etc something to show off the creative skills.

The retheme of the Barnstormer, Wilderness Run, was very well done, and I really like how everything is listed in the map. Overall, this project felt like a safe but solid entry. Which is definitely propped up by the few who remain active.

Creativity - 3/5
Realism - 5/5
Detail - 3/5
Teamwork - 3/5
X-Factor - 5/5
Total - 19/25

-----------

Team Wanda - Tigger's Make Believe Land

Will absolutely credit the amount of time it took to write out that intro in different colors. I will admit it made it a little hard to read, but nonetheless respect for the determination and putting up something that draws you into the project.

At first I was a little skeptical on the land's name, but as I was thinking about it, I really like how it keeps in line with the possessive land names of the past. Mickey's Starland, Mickey's Birthdayland, etc - it's playful and kid-friendly which is the intention of the mini-land

The presentation slides were also well done. Like the photoshop signs as well. In many ways as well this reminded me of Eisner-era 'festivals' such as Chester and Hester, which keeps realism in check.

The Heffalumps and Woozles Haunted House along with the Tilt-a-whirl I think are great carnival like additions that add to Magic Kingdom's lineup without overdoing the E tickets. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to whether or not this project needed a headliner attraction or a potpourri of smaller ones, but this set up evens things out nicely to go along with the Barnstormer retheme and the assorted amenities like the eateries and shopping in the land.

And while this team did have more contributions than Loki, time played a factor in the outcome as well. As we approach the end of the game, it's good to look back and appreciate the efforts of those throughout the game so far and look forward to the future.

Creativity - 4/5
Realism - 5/5
Detail - 4/5
Teamwork - 4.5/5
X-Factor - 5/5
Total - 22.5/25

-------

Team Cassie - Woods of Wonder

Wow! A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. For a smaller prompt you all really took it and went above and beyond! From the jump, I really like the classic VHS style intro to the project. It would have been great to actually have the video, but I was really able to picture it through the narration.

And I will admit when looking at the finished product this morning on my phone, I was like, hmm, they had a lot more content in the PM. Then I clicked on the image and was brought to a Prezi where all the rest of the presentation is! It's like you have to traverse through the project to find where everything is.

I really like the map and the tie in to the 100 Years of Magic. I do think that's perhaps a year or two beyond when the prompt takes place, at least in my interpretation of it, but that's a minor thing.

The customization of this project really sells everything for me. From the expansion of Alice (a great tie-in to the nearby tea cups) to the Pooh attraction, to the gallery of various interpretations of the map, especially the authentic version from the late 90s/early 00s. All of it was really well represented and I was glad to see those who participated really seemed to enjoy their roles.

Creativity - 5/5
Realism - 4.5/5
Detail 4.5/5
Teamwork - 4.5/5
X-Factor - 5/5
Total - 23.5/5

*an aside, this may have to be my last review. Not sure yet when the next few weeks hold, but wanted to let that be known. If it is, it's been a pleasure and I wish you all the best of luck!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey there teams!!

I’ve been able to quickly look over the projects but I had to close tonight and I have to open tomorrow (in the biz we call that a “clopen” and it sucks lol). So I haven’t had the time to give these projects a proper thorough reading. And I refuse to post reviews without fully indulging myself in your work!

The next prompt will be arriving tomorrow early afternoon (WDW time) and I’ll have reviews up not long after!

I will say that from what I’ve seen I absolutely LOVE all of these submissions!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
PROJECT 007

Pack your bags, we’re headed across the other big pond!

Welcome to Universe DLP92XX02

IMG_5870.jpeg

Most Imagineering fans are quite familiar with the,… notorious opening of Walt Disney Studios Paris. It was a second gate built out of contractual obligation and on a budget that would make Six Flags feel extravagant.

Let’s change that.

For this round, you will be tasked with choosing one of the three “lands” that were part of the WDS park on opening day and entirely transforming that land into something,… better. Dare I say “imaginative.”

Map for reference:

IMG_7480.jpeg

The lands you can choose from are Animation Courtyard, Production Courtyard, and The Backlot. The land you choose should retain its basic theme/identity but you can do whatever you want with that space. You also must remain within the geographic confines of your land of choosing. The one exception to this is the space occupied by the Backlot Tour.

This project is due on Saturday July 8th at 11:59pm WDW time.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
1A723461-C93E-4131-BDE2-0D5FC299316E.png

REVIEWS

TEAM LOKI

While you once again kept the presentation simple, it works. You didn’t need to do anything over the top for this.

While you made some safe choices in terms of attractions, I think they all work very well together here. While this may not be the most ambitious land, it is one that I could easily see existing in our reality.

For me the highlight is Wilderness Run. I would have loved more of a visual but it sounds really awesome! This is a great way to take an existing attraction and add a load of new theming to create a brand new experience.

I like the map quite a bit. Those are always helpful for getting a complete visualization of your concepts!

Overall it feels like this team is starting to find their footing and I’m really looking forward to what you do for the next prompt.

Creativity: 3/5
Realism: 5/5
Teamwork: 4/5
Presentation: 3/5
X-factor: 3/5

Total: 18/25

TEAM WANDA

That intro was so well put together and also so difficult to read! 🤣🤣 But I loved it!

Going with Tigger as the main star of the land was a bold choice and I truly love that you went with this! How well it ages would be anyone’s guess but from a creative standpoint, it’s fantastic!

You used lawn mowers as ride vehicles. Now I’ve seen everything. Maybe this belongs in OLS 3’s Bountiful Valley Farm prompt! Another bold but fantastic choice. The ride sounds like a lot of fun! Ironic that it has Mr Toad vibes in terms of styling.

Another great choice for a Barnstormer refresh. Making this ride traverse Owl’s house would add an extra level of thrill and add to tremendously to this ride’s popularity.

Giving the central character of the franchise a B ticket flat ride is another incredibly bold move. Yet it works absolutely perfectly here!

Thank you for the efforts here!

Creativity: 5/5
Realism: 3/5
Teamwork: 5/5
Presentation: 3/5
X factor: 5/5

Total: 21/25

TEAM CASSIE

Thanks for making me download an app to view your project 😉🤣

At first I was like “why isn’t this working?!”

But then I got to it and,…

WOW!!!

Clicking, well, tapping my way through this was wonderful! Love that everything opens in google docs, it actually made it easy to navigate and not lose my place. Thank you for putting this together.

Combining these three IP into one “wooded” land was a stroke of pure genius and I absolutely love what you did here! The Hundred Acre Wood mini land was strong enough to stand on its own just by itself. The Pooh water ride is a grandiose attraction worthy of headlining not just this land but probably all of Fantasyland! Thank you for the accompanying attraction map.

One of my favorite small details is the Bee coaster having an interaction with the Pooh ride queue. I absolutely LOVE kinetic energy like that. The Bee coaster is a fun addition and the Tigger flat ride makes way too much sense!

I love the interactivity of the Robin Hood area. Zip lining and archery make this a very active and energetic area and will let younger guests blow off plenty of steam.

The Library meet and greet and train station is such a lovely touch. The train stations are typically hidden away or serve no other purpose besides just boarding the train. This gives the area so much more life!

Of course I’m biased but Alice’s area is my favorite. But that’s because I’m obsessed with Alice. And I love her inclusion here. Relocations the tea cups and adding the labyrinth maze (I’ll take peach tea with mango boba) makes this an area I would spend quite a lot of time in. Combine that with the splash pad and snack stands (love the menu!) and this area is a total success!

And I didn’t even discuss the introduction and “VHS” motif of the entire thing. This hit me in the nostalgia hard and I loved it!

HUGE recognition for including the art menu and credits. You all went WAY overboard on this prompt and I enjoyed every second of it.

Creativity: 5/5
Realism: 5/5
Teamwork: 5/5
Presentation: 5/5
X factor: 5/5

Total: 25/25

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom