What If… Disney Parks Edition Game Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
AC71B9F1-4A32-4082-BB16-DA21BBA7B6A5.png

Welcome one and all to What If,… Disney Parks Edition!

This team-based game will take players on a bombastic journey through numerous alternate realities where certain events have been altered, leading to a whole new world of imagineering possibilities!

Projects will generally last 7-10 days, giving all players ample time to contribute to each round. However, be aware this is the multiverse, anything can happen!!

On the subject of projects, a word or two about judging criteria - projects will be scored on five metrics:

Creativity
Realism
Teamwork
Presentation
X-factor

Feel free to ask any questions regarding judging, or literally anything else!!

In the mean time, get ready to meet your teammates!!​

cdunlap

Before we start, I just want to tell everyone that I have a whole library of concepts, but I think these are my most elaborate!

DHS INDIANA JONES EXPANSION
This is an expansion for DHS near the stunt show. The main attraction is Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Triad. This ride is a mine cart dark ride through an ancient Egyptian temple that is indoors from start to finish, using projection mapping, sophisticated animatronics like Kylo and The Shaman, dramatic lighting, realistic sounds, and a roller coaster styled finale to make this the most compelling, thrilling, memorable, immersive, and convincing ride in the Indiana Jones Adventure Series, taking guests into an ancient Egyptian temple, then proceeding to immerse guests in the world of Egyptian mythology! The year is 1937, one year after Dr. Jones excavated the Ark of the Covenant. Now, he is back in Egypt to investigate strange phenomena in a recently discovered temple that sank under the Nile centuries ago. It has been brought to dry land by a team of archaeologists. Indy and Sallah collaborated to find the source of the phenomena, only to learn that the researchers were short staffed. Indy decided to run tours of what he thought was a safe ruin in order to raise money. So, he laid mine cart tracks down in the temple, only to mysteriously vanish in the unexplored third chamber. He would soon find his way back and begin leading tours himself. Guests wander through the expedition's camp, where artifacts can be seen. The guests enter the algae covered temple with water cascading down the walls, surrounded by statues of pharaohs, gods, and sphinxes that have recently been pulled out of the Nile alongside the temple and queue through dimly lit passages, dripping with water and lined with faded murals and hieroglyphic writing with a common theme: Beware Of The God Set. Guests enter a preshow narrated by Sallah that goes through safety procedures then load their mine carts in a courtyard and ride down the first corridor where Indiana greets them, saying “Tourists! Of course! Beware of Set! I'll be following you to protect you from danger, OK?” Guests then enter a chamber devoted to Isis: Goddess of Magic! Guests see a beautiful woman tangled in linens, a magic loom weaving more and more fabric around her. A man with the head of an ibis comes to her and cuts the linens. "Isis! You must go! Set must not find out about your son." "Where am I to go?" Isis asks. "Anywhere you may hide," the man answers her. "These seven scorpions will protect you." The man waves his hand and seven giant scorpions appear out of the sand. "They are Tefen, Masetetef, Petet, Tjetet, Matet, Mesetet and Befen." The scorpions bow to Isis. "I will disguise myself so neither Set, nor anyone else, will recognize me," Isis says. She waves a hand and turns into an old beggar woman. Soon, guests are surrounded by seven giant scorpions intending to sting them when Indiana Jones shows up and whips them! Guests are shown a discombobulating image of Isis, as she narrates “Names have power, as I learned from my father Ra.” Guests then enter Thoth: God of Knowledge's chamber. They see a golden man sitting on a golden throne. Well, he's kind of a man. He has the head of a falcon. He wears a large crown in the shape of a disc, and he seems to glow. "I must have it back!" he says. "You mean you must have her back?" a bird-headed man asks, appearing at the foot of the throne. It's then that you realize how massive the throne, and the man sitting in it, truly is. The bird brain only comes to the golden man's knees. "What's the difference?" asks the king. "Find my daughter, the all-seeing eye! Bring her back to me." The king waves his hand, and the images scatter like sand in the wind. Next, guests see a beautiful woman sitting by a river. In her hands she holds a glowing gold orb. It seems to be looking at guests. The bird-headed guy starts to sneak up on her. "Hello, Thoth," she says, having none of it."Hello, Ma'at," Thoth answers, not seeming surprised at having been found out. "You've come to force me to go back to my father?" Ma'at asks. "No," Thoth replies. "I've come to convince you to come home." With this, Thoth sits beside the goddess and the two talk. In the end, Ma'at hands over the orb and returns with Thoth to the king, her father, who glows like the sun. Thoth then sees guests and says, “My head is an ibis, yet sometimes I am a baboon!” Guests speed past a Magic abacus with self moving beads and some flowers in ancient vases that are somehow still alive after all the centuries have passed. Guests enter the third chamber, devoted once to Osiris: God Of Death, The Underworld, and Fertility of Crops, now it has been corrupted into a netherworld ruled by Set: God Of Chaos, Storms, and an overall villain. Indy shows up and shouts, “Oh no! Do not go in there! I repeat, DO NOT GO IN THERE!” Guests stop at a party. People in animal masks of various shapes and sizes dance and feast. As one of them gets close to them, they realize that the revealers aren't wearing masks, after all. The animal heads are their actual heads. This is a party of the ancient Egyptian gods! A man with the head of a dog sits at a long table, watching the festivities. His dark eyes watch one guest in particular, a green man dressed in white, with a white and gold crown on his head. Unlike the others, this one has a human head. The dog-headed host stands and calls for attention. "Friends! I have a special surprise for you!" He waves his hands, beckoning two servants to come into the scene carrying a beautiful gold box between them. The crowd erupts into oohs and ahhs. "Whoever fits into this box the most perfectly will get to take it home!" The guests seem pleased, excited, even. The box is beautifully decorated with gems and wonderfully carved. It is a very fine prize. They line up to try for it. When the first person tries to climb in, it hits guests; it's a sarcophagus! A beautiful, golden coffin. No one can fit into the box. It's like Cinderella's slipper. Then the man in the white and gold crown steps up. He fits perfectly. "Well done, Osiris! You win!" The dog-headed man slams the sarcophagus lid down on top of the coffin with a bang, trapping Osiris inside. The image fades into darkness, and guests find that they can finally move. Carts start to leave, but the dog-headed god appears in their path, a dark smile stretched across his face. Still sneering at guests, he asks, "What should I do with my brother's sarcophagus? Oh, I know! I shall throw his body into the Nile, lock his crown in a cavern, and hide his coffin in a tree! HA HA! HOW WICKED!” Soon, Set is in front of a table with three vials of liquid sitting on top of it. The bottles are identical, but the liquids inside are not. One is clear, to the point where he's almost unsure there's anything actually in it. One is black, and the last is gold. Set soon tries to force guests to drink the three liquids, which he says burn the throat! Suddenly, Indy shows up and says “Set, you will never win!” Set just chuckles and summons a giant snake made entirely of hedges, scaring Indy into a dark pit that we follow him into! Mine carts drop down into the underworld! Soon, guests see a set of 2 pan balances with a heart and a feather on each! One has a heavier heart that causes a crocodile headed lion named Ammit to jump out and roar! Another heart is lighter, causing a heavenly light. Guests pass by the four canopic jars before guests are lead out by the four sons of Horus. They are Imsety, the human, Hapy, the baboon, Duamatef, the jackal, and Qebehsenuf the falcon. Guests then rush through caverns, encountering Set, Ammit, an armada of mummy archers on chariots, flesh eating scarabs, a werejackal, a giant crocodile, a hippopotamus, the seven giant scorpions of Isis, and the giant hedge snake. Indy reunites with guests on a rope as a boulder rolls down the cave, causing walls to move backwards to simulate backing up! Guests make a sharp right, go on a thrilling mine cart ride in the style of Temple Of Doom through a cavern with pits of magma that leads out of the underworld with the white crown of Osiris locked within, unload in the courtyard, and exit the temple through a chamber behind a waterfall. In the surrounding area, three other buildings stand. One is a large arena for the stunt show and another is a beautiful Mughal palace. This is the Pankot Palace. Pankot Palace holds a unique dining experience, with a Guardian Of Tradition Menu mixing authentic Hindi dishes with edible insect based meals (Vegans/Vegetarians can opt for a more authentic menu skipping the insect). Guests dine in a replica of the dining room in the film, being entertained by Indian folk dancers and folk musicians playing Tabla, Sitar, Veena, Bhansuri, and even more! Guests can also opt to dine under the palace in the lava filled caverns where the Temple Of Doom once stood. The third structure is a replica of Petra. Within it, Journey To The Grail stands. This is an Indiana Jones themed obstacle course with rope bridges over “Spike Pits”, rope swings over a ravine holding “Rats”, climbing nets themed to spider webs, rock slides, rings themed to artifacts, and hurdles themed to rocks. The exit is a room with several golden goblets with images below. Each image is duplicated and hidden under a goblet in a memory game played with a CM dressed as a Knight.

cdunlap

Mythos 5th Gate
This park is based on World Myths. My influences are Phantasialand and Europa Park in Germany, Efteling in the Netherlands, and my own past concepts.

The first section is Greece, based on Santorini. It holds many shops and restaurants selling Greek pots, masks, statues, wines, and foods. The main attraction is The Labyrinth. This is an escape room themed to the Cretan Labyrinth. Guests wait in a Minoan palace high on a hill, based on Knossos and enter under an arch that says CHALLENGE THE LABYRINTH in Ancient Greek. Ancient spirits chant that they are offended and guests are now trapped within the labyrinth for eternity! They then enter a shrine to Hephaestus where a series of locks await. The next room holds a Sphinx who asks her classic riddle about man. Then, guests enter a shrine to Artemis where they must face her challenge. They must shout the name of the constellation above her, which is Orion. Next, guests must say the Epithet of Apollo, Phivos, which you may know better as Phoebus. The next chamber is a maze with ever changing walls and detailed animatronic figures of harpies, griffins, centaurs, sirens, and sphinxes. If guests follow a golden line, they will enter Hera's temple. Once there, guests must answer her questions about the nearby amphorae and statues. The final room is Athena's temple, where guests must say AGORA to the statue. In a cave below the palace, The Underworld sits. Guests can eat pomegranate based food in Hades And Persephone’s Palace, buy Magic related things in Hecate’s Lair, buy chains in The Cavern Of Thanatos (He has magical chains to lead people who go to Hades, as he leads them down), and buy lily related things in The Asphodel Fields. Guests exit the labyrinth and reenter the village. Two Greek sphinxes guard the entries from Kemet and Turtle Island. Hercules, Meg, Hades, Pain, Panic, and Phil can all be met here.

The second section is Kemet, based on Ancient Egypt. The main attraction here is The Tomb, a boat ride which takes guests on a tour of an enchanted tomb that isn't scary, instead being whimsical and beautiful. The boats are themed to reed boats. It begins with a Talking Ibis, who explains the significance of Thoth, the Ibis headed Knowledge god. This is followed by a Jackal who explains that while he was associated with death in ancient times, he's actually just another dog who acts the same as any other. Then, a cat explains her purpose in Ancient Egyptian Society. Then, a Cow explains her significance to Hathor, goddess of mothers, followed by a falcon flying down to explain how the Sun God, Ra, is connected to him. A scarab then explains the reason why the Egypt reveres him. Finally, guests pass a gilded sarcophagus and exit the tomb. For those seeking out a more thrilling experience, Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Triad is the best attraction! This ride is a mine cart dark ride through an ancient Egyptian temple that is indoors from start to finish, using projection mapping, sophisticated animatronics like Kylo and The Shaman, dramatic lighting, realistic sounds, and a roller coaster styled finale to make this the most compelling, thrilling, memorable, immersive, and convincing ride in the Indiana Jones Adventure Series, taking guests into an ancient Egyptian temple, then proceeding to immerse guests in the world of Egyptian mythology! The year is 1937, one year after Dr. Jones excavated the Ark of the Covenant. Now, he is back in Egypt to investigate strange phenomena in a recently discovered temple that sank under the Nile centuries ago. It has been brought to dry land by a team of archaeologists. Indy and Sallah collaborated to find the source of the phenomena, only to learn that the researchers were short staffed. Indy decided to run tours of what he thought was a safe ruin in order to raise money. So, he laid mine cart tracks down in the temple, only to mysteriously vanish in the unexplored third chamber. He would soon find his way back and begin leading tours himself. Guests wander through the expedition's camp, where artifacts can be seen. The guests enter the algae covered temple with water cascading down the walls, surrounded by statues of pharaohs, gods, and sphinxes that have recently been pulled out of the Nile alongside the temple and queue through dimly lit passages, dripping with water and lined with faded murals and hieroglyphic writing with a common theme: Beware Of The God Set. Guests enter a preshow narrated by Sallah that goes through safety procedures then load their mine carts in a courtyard and ride down the first corridor where Indiana greets them, saying “Tourists! Of course! Beware of Set! I'll be following you to protect you from danger, OK?” Guests then enter a chamber devoted to Isis: Goddess of Magic! Guests see a beautiful woman tangled in linens, a magic loom weaving more and more fabric around her. A man with the head of an ibis comes to her and cuts the linens. "Isis! You must go! Set must not find out about your son." "Where am I to go?" Isis asks. "Anywhere you may hide," the man answers her. "These seven scorpions will protect you." The man waves his hand and seven giant scorpions appear out of the sand. "They are Tefen, Masetetef, Petet, Tjetet, Matet, Mesetet and Befen." The scorpions bow to Isis. "I will disguise myself so neither Set, nor anyone else, will recognize me," Isis says. She waves a hand and turns into an old beggar woman. Soon, guests are surrounded by seven giant scorpions intending to sting them when Indiana Jones shows up and whips them! Guests are shown a discombobulating image of Isis, as she narrates “Names have power, as I learned from my father Ra.” Guests then enter Thoth: God of Knowledge's chamber. They see a golden man sitting on a golden throne. Well, he's kind of a man. He has the head of a falcon. He wears a large crown in the shape of a disc, and he seems to glow. "I must have it back!" he says. "You mean you must have her back?" a bird-headed man asks, appearing at the foot of the throne. It's then that you realize how massive the throne, and the man sitting in it, truly is. The bird brain only comes to the golden man's knees. "What's the difference?" asks the king. "Find my daughter, the all-seeing eye! Bring her back to me." The king waves his hand, and the images scatter like sand in the wind. Next, guests see a beautiful woman sitting by a river. In her hands she holds a glowing gold orb. It seems to be looking at guests. The bird-headed guy starts to sneak up on her. "Hello, Thoth," she says, having none of it."Hello, Ma'at," Thoth answers, not seeming surprised at having been found out. "You've come to force me to go back to my father?" Ma'at asks. "No," Thoth replies. "I've come to convince you to come home." With this, Thoth sits beside the goddess and the two talk. In the end, Ma'at hands over the orb and returns with Thoth to the king, her father, who glows like the sun. Thoth then sees guests and says, “My head is an ibis, yet sometimes I am a baboon!” Guests speed past a Magic abacus with self moving beads and some flowers in ancient vases that are somehow still alive after all the centuries have passed. Guests enter the third chamber, devoted once to Osiris: God Of Death, The Underworld, and Fertility of Crops, now it has been corrupted into a netherworld ruled by Set: God Of Chaos, Storms, and an overall villain. Indy shows up and shouts, “Oh no! Do not go in there! I repeat, DO NOT GO IN THERE!” Guests stop at a party. People in animal masks of various shapes and sizes dance and feast. As one of them gets close to them, they realize that the revealers aren't wearing masks, after all. The animal heads are their actual heads. This is a party of the ancient Egyptian gods! A man with the head of a dog sits at a long table, watching the festivities. His dark eyes watch one guest in particular, a green man dressed in white, with a white and gold crown on his head. Unlike the others, this one has a human head. The dog-headed host stands and calls for attention. "Friends! I have a special surprise for you!" He waves his hands, beckoning two servants to come into the scene carrying a beautiful gold box between them. The crowd erupts into oohs and ahhs. "Whoever fits into this box the most perfectly will get to take it home!" The guests seem pleased, excited, even. The box is beautifully decorated with gems and wonderfully carved. It is a very fine prize. They line up to try for it. When the first person tries to climb in, it hits guests; it's a sarcophagus! A beautiful, golden coffin. No one can fit into the box. It's like Cinderella's slipper. Then the man in the white and gold crown steps up. He fits perfectly. "Well done, Osiris! You win!" The dog-headed man slams the sarcophagus lid down on top of the coffin with a bang, trapping Osiris inside. The image fades into darkness, and guests find that they can finally move. Carts start to leave, but the dog-headed god appears in their path, a dark smile stretched across his face. Still sneering at guests, he asks, "What should I do with my brother's sarcophagus? Oh, I know! I shall throw his body into the Nile, lock his crown in a cavern, and hide his coffin in a tree! HA HA! HOW WICKED!” Soon, Set is in front of a table with three vials of liquid sitting on top of it. The bottles are identical, but the liquids inside are not. One is clear, to the point where he's almost unsure there's anything actually in it. One is black, and the last is gold. Set soon tries to force guests to drink the three liquids, which he says burn the throat! Suddenly, Indy shows up and says “Set, you will never win!” Set just chuckles and summons a giant snake made entirely of hedges, scaring Indy into a dark pit that we follow him into! Mine carts drop down into the underworld! Soon, guests see a set of 2 pan balances with a heart and a feather on each! One has a heavier heart that causes a crocodile headed lion named Ammit to jump out and roar! Another heart is lighter, causing a heavenly light. Guests pass by the four canopic jars before guests are lead out by the four sons of Horus. They are Imsety, the human, Hapy, the baboon, Duamatef, the jackal, and Qebehsenuf the falcon. Guests then rush through caverns, encountering Set, Ammit, an armada of mummy archers on chariots, flesh eating scarabs, a werejackal, a giant crocodile, a hippopotamus, the seven giant scorpions of Isis, and the giant hedge snake. Indy reunites with guests on a rope as a boulder rolls down the cave, causing walls to move backwards to simulate backing up! Guests make a sharp right, go on a thrilling mine cart ride in the style of Temple Of Doom through a cavern with pits of magma that leads out of the underworld with the white crown of Osiris locked within, unload in the courtyard, and exit the temple through a chamber behind a waterfall.

The third section is Africa. Here, guests can explore all sorts of wonderful places in the continent. Guests start in Nubia, with Abu Simbel and Meroe. Then, guests head to the churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia. Guests then proceed down the Swahili Coast. Going southwards, guests reach the Great Zimbabwe, an ancient Shona city. Going back to the north, guests enter Ghana at the time of the Ashanti kingdom, home to an Ashanti Museum. and Mali in medieval times where guests can visit a replica of ancient Djénné, known for its ancient architecture made from mud. Ghana holds the attraction, Anansi and the Magic Calabash. This is a dark ride based on African tales. This one is an original by me, but it's based on Anansi And The Pot Of Knowledge: Once upon a time in Africa, there live a king and a queen who loved each other very much. They also loved the land they lived upon. They took care of their subjects well and were rewarded with power, peace in their land, and great prosperity. They lived a happy life; traveling, trading, and laughing with their families and friends. It was a magical time...But as time passed, the King and Queen grew old. They decided to thank their subjects for their loyalty and hard work by sharing all their good fortune with the people of the land. But first they had to collect it all together. So the Queen and King found a gourd called a calabash,and put all of their wealth and power into it. (It would have been too small except that this was a magic calabash.) It was a perfect fit. Then they called six birds down from the sky to help them. The birds were to take the Magic Calabash and spread its contents across their land. High above Africa the birds flew. They pulled the Calabash in different directions and it broke into six pieces, scattering the incredible riches and mystical power all across Africa. The people of the land rejoiced! Legend has it that anyone who can collect the six pieces and put the Calabash back together will receive untold riches and magical power. Only one animal knew where the pieces fell, and it was the clever spider Anansi. He wanted untold riches and magical powers so he set out on a quest to find the missing pieces of the Magic Calabash. Once he got all the pieces, guarded by a different animal, he was disappointed because he saw only a scroll that stated that true wealth and power lies within one’s knowledge of the the world. Anansi left, humbled by this revelation. Simba, Rafiki, Timon, Puumba, and Anansi meet guests here.

The fourth section is Arabia. The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon stand in the center, holding an Arabian restaurant with Babylonian Tiles, serving the finest Tabbouleh, Baklava, Falafel, Pita, Döner, and other traditional dishes of Arabia, The Roc’s Nest Gift Shop that sells all things related to the mythic Roc, and Flight Of The Roc. This is a suspended indoor roller coaster that gives guests the sensation of flying across the Persian Gulf at night on the back of a giant bird called a Roc, which is as big as an elephant. The entry is atop The Hanging Gardens with a queue winding through caves in Mount Qaf, home of Djinns. Guests get onto a roc bird and fly around. The main restaurant of this park is entered by way of a replica of Istanbul’s Dolmabahce Palace. After walking through the palace, guests arrive in a bustling square. The Hagia Sofia rises triumphantly above all other structures. Near the Hagia Sofia is a bazaar with walls covered in Islamic tiles. This is Bazaar Topkapi, named after the famous Ottoman Palace, each stall sells a variant of shish kebab, a red roofed tent sells kebab with meat in a pita taco shell, a blue roofed tent serves fish kebab in a hollowed pita, a green roofed tent sells vegetables in a pita bowl, and a Turkish Bath sells Turkey’s famously thick Mastic ice cream topped with Turkish Delight and served in a fried pita cone. An Arabian palace holds 1001 Nights, a boat ride taking guests through tales of Aladdin, Ali Baba, and Sinbad, along with scenes of medieval Baghdad. The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin are moved here, along with a certain pair of gilded camel sculptures. The Cave Of Wonders holds a gift shop selling Arabian brass, Persian carpets, and oil lamps. Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar, and Genie meet guests here.

The fifth section is Eastern Realms, themed to China and Japan. A rural Chinese village holds Kite Flight, a spinning swing ride, and Flying Lanterns, a Parachute Tower. In the center, a Chinese house stands. This is The Zhang Family Manor. Guests queue through the gardens of a Chinese mansion. They enter a room in the mansion with a silk screen that depicts a Qilin. The screen comes to life when 20 guests enter and the door to the house shuts. It says “Greetings, friends. I am the Qilin, protector of the Zhang family. Yanlouwang, the emperor of Di Yu, or the Chinese Netherworld, is seeking revenge on humanity for mining in his domain, so he resurrected an army and transforms them into Jiangshi. I noticed this and I am making troops to help me fight Jiangshi in China! Simply pull on the golden cord on them in front of you to release light from a Magic Lantern attached to your rickshaw that I shall lead. Be aware that Jiangshi are masters of disguise.” Guests release light onto jiangshi posing as pandas, dragon dancers, Acrobats, Musicians, The Citizens Of Beijing, and tourists at Shanghai Disneyland. The qilin ends the ride by saying “My eternal gratitude goes to you for helping me defeat those wicked Jiangshi!” Another dark ride is The Ghost Rickshaw, an omnimover based dark ride through the world of Chinese demons. Guests pass Lady Bone Demon, Gold Horn and Silver Horn, Spider Queen, Princess Iron Fan, Bull Demon King, Red Boy, Ox Head, Horse Face, and Yanluowang, king of the underworld. The final attraction is Elemental Palace. This madhouse tells guests about the Chinese elements, earth, water, air, fire, metal, and wood. Japan is represented by Yokai Village, an abandoned Japanese village with an abandoned castle holding The Haunted Castle. This is an interactive dark ride. Guests ride on Japanese Boats equipped with lanterns with the mission to find and scare of the Yokai in the castle. go past 9 Tailed Foxes who wag all 9 of their tails, Long Necked Women who elongate their necks, Kappa that pop out of ponds and splash guests, Oni that roar at guests, Umbrella Ghosts that hop around guests while their large tongues flop to and fro, and flying Chochin Obake whose tongues dangle. Outside, guests can perform in plays with Kitsune and Tanuki as their co stars, run among sculptures of Jizo and Dosojin, visit a tea house run by a kind Mountain Witch, and climb trees in search of Kodama spirits. The Golden Dragon Teahouse is located in front of the attractions, serving noodles, rice, and tea. Mulan, Shang, and Mushu greet guests here.

The Sixth Section is The Lost Kingdom, based on Southeast Asia and its mythology. Khmer ruins hold an aerial carousel, Garuda’s Flight Dance. Guests queue through a Chinese styled temple with golden Garuda and Dragon statues. The deepest chamber holds a green Garuda. This ancient human bird hybrid speaks directly to guests, saying, “Namaste, humans. I am a Garuda, a divine entity that is half man and half avian. My kind enjoys the activity of dance. As such, I, on behalf of my kind, cordially invite you to Mount Penglai to help us dance. Please note the divine drums, as that is the rhythm. If it is lower, go low, if it is higher, go high. To ensure we are keeping the rhythm, we use a special type of dragon called a Rong. Its saliva can petrify anything, turning it to stone temporarily and rendering it immobile. They will spit when pitch changes. You can steer a Garuda by pulling the golden lever. Up and down correspond with the directions of motion. Keep all hands arms feet and legs inside, and watch all children!” The Garuda beasts encircle Mount Penglai, which is based on Mount Fuji. If Rong saliva hits a Garuda, it stays in place but still rotates. Junks take guests on a tour of Ha Long Bay. A Thai restaurant styled after a temple stands dramatically in the center. An Indonesian village holds Barong’s Danceabout. This is a ride around Southeast Asia. The vehicles are based on the Balinese Barong Dance. It sways and goes up hills frantically and in rhythm to the Gamelan of Bali. The restaurant here is Angkor Temple. This is a quick service restaurant themed to the temple in Jungle Cruise. Guests order their food in the Treasure Room. The drinks are in golden cups and the plates are golden. The seating area is located outside in a porch with a Khmer bust. All the food is made with plants, and the entry hall is lined with crumbling statues of standing people.

The Seventh Section is MAYA, themed to Mayan mythology. The main attraction here is XIBALBA, a haunted walkthrough themed to the Mayan Underworld in which an actor dressed as Camazotz, the Mayan bat human hybrid, animatronic jaguars, and actors dressed as living mummies in jade masks jump out and scare guests. Olmec heads, Toltec columns, Aztec feathered serpent stair decorations, and Mayan “Temple Mouth Architecture” are displayed at this attraction’s entry. On Halloween, MAYA becomes a scare zone with actors from XIBALBA wandering the section to scare guests that are NOT traveling with children. In fact, they will actively go out of their way to avoid anyone who can clearly not handle scares outside of the haunt.

The Eighth Section is Tiwanaku, based on Inca myths. Located in the direct center of the section, Kingdom Of The Sun, themed to the ancient Inca Empire, stands triumphantly. The guests enter the place by descending a canyon with creepy Incan paintings. Then, guests enter a cave with black light, Supay’s Special. Once here, guests can get special drinks in an immersive lab setting. To exit, guests go on a moving walkway, getting a view of Nazca Lines depicting Kuzco, Kronk, Yzma, Pacha, Llamas, The Sun, The Moon, Stars, and Mickey Mouse. Condor Flight is located in a Peruvian mountain cave. It is similar to Soaring, but it only shows Peru. Viracocha is a roller coaster that this named after the Inca creator and god of the sky. Cusco, Kronk, Yzma, and Pacha meet guests here.

The Ninth Section is Aotearoa, based on Māori myths. Guests can also explore a Māori marae, or meeting ground. Guests can enter the Wharenui, or meeting house, which has many Māori ambassadors who explain things to guests, like the concepts of Marae, Iwi (Extended family group owning a Marae), Whānau (Family), and Māori idioms. Guests can fly authentic Māori kites, or Manu Tukutuku, sample Kūmara, or sweet potato, grown in the nearby gardens during the season of Matariki, see and hear Waiata, or Māori songs with dance, look at the Māori night sky, and see red, black, and white paper stars hanging. Guests can also view the Māori's famous ornate carvings, see the beautiful Kowhaiwhai on the Wharenui, and watch and learn some Long Poi dances. At night, a Kapa Haka dance show is held with poi, rākau, and haka dances! A restaurant is inside the meetinghouse, called Hāngi. A Hāngi is a Māori gathering with traditional foods. Guests can eat Kūmara, Kamokamo (squash), potatoes, lamb, and Puha (Sowthistle). Guests can also buy greenstone pendants in Pounamu, visit the Kowhaiwhai Gallery, view woven Tukutuku, and view a Cook Islands Tīvaevae Karakara (Piecework Quilt). Another attraction is at a small area of water representing Te Whanganui a Tara, or The Wellington Harbor. It is a boat based dark ride that tells the heartwarming tale of a taniwha named Ngāke, who formed the harbor. Ngāke, unlike most Taniwhas, cared about the humans who lived along his river. One day, the people were hungry due to failure to catch fish, Ngāke helped the people! He enchanted their fish hooks so that they always got fish, even when others didn’t. Ngāke would later help form the harbor in Wellington. Moana and Maui meet guests here.

The Tenth Section is Turtle Island, based on American Tales. Guests go through a red brick carriage tunnel by an old Colonial mansion and enter a Colonial village. The main attraction in the village is Escape From The Headless Horseman, a maze themed to a dark forest that guests must run through to escape The Headless Horseman, who appears at the beginning and several other times! Guests can exit this village through a wooden covered bridge. If guests continue walking outside of the village, they enter a forest which is home to an Onondaga village of the mid 1700s. This is the Iroquois Experience, a half day experience that must be booked in advance. Guests to the experience get a tour of the village from a young Native male who explains how Iroquois society worked (Clan mothers and chiefs, elders, literally everyone else), Iroquois history, the other tribes of the Iroquois, and the significance of Wampum belts, a cultural icon. Then, a young Native woman teaches guests about Iroquois music (along with the word for music), which uses drums, rattles, and flutes. Then, a Native boy teaches guests the Seed Game, a memory game of sorts. Guests join a Hunter in a snowy forest (indoors) to search for animals (learning the word for Animal). A young native girl teaches guests about bead work, even allowing them to try their hand at beadwork. The next encounter is a British Trader who showcases friendly Colonist/Native relations. The elder of the village shows guests headdresses of the Iroquois Confederacy (authentic Native Iroquois designs). A clan mother leads guests through a Mythological Sojourn with encounters with a snipe (not Kevin), an Eel, a Bear, a Wolf, a Turtle, a Hawk, a Deer, and Heron (8 Clans of the Onondaga), The Underwater Panther (Evil spirit that lives underwater taking the form of a Panther with horns), Ga Oh (wind god), his moose (Eastern wind and rains), his panther (west wind and hurricanes), and The Great Peacemaker (Founder of the Iroquois Confederacy), all of whom explain myths of the Iroquois and their values. The mythology attraction starts with the creation of Turtle Island, which is the Earth as a giant snapping turtle. A chief teaches guests the myths of the skies from his longhouse, a hole on the roof for smoke to escape showing the stars (indoors) Finally, guests have an authentic meal of corn, beans, squash, pumpkin, potatoes, turkey, venison, cornbread, and cranberries with the natives. The young man from the beginning bids guests a final farewell in Iroquois and guests exit through a cave. A dirt trail leads deeper into the woods, leading to Cascade Peak, a waterfall on a large mountain. Guests can go behind the waterfall and into Rainbow Caverns, a cave with brightly colored stone formations illuminated by black lights. The dirt path continues over a wooden bridge and deeper into the woodland, leading to Greece. Pocahontas and John Smith meet guests here.

cdunlap

COLONIAL TERRACE:
The exterior of The Haunted Mansion remains the same with the exception of two aged copper gryphons with red, glowing eyes sitting atop the gate posts, replicated from Tokyo Disneyland, and a sailboat weathervane replacing the bat weathervane. The standby queue is changed to go through a pet cemetery, past the imagineer graves, and around a gazebo in an overgrown garden playing the creepy music box tune from Phantom Manor’s queue and the sounds of blowing wind, Thunder, and rain. Guests enter the mansion through the same door as usual.

The foyer remains the same with the exception of Phantom Manor’s Foyer music playing. The Stretching Room gets new wallpaper with blue and white vertical lines, based on how Disneyland’s looked on opening day, and Phantom Manor’s Stretch Room music. The Ghost Host is interrupted by an evil Sea Captain, played by Jeremy Irons (Original voice of Scar), who says that there is no turning back and the only way to escape is HIS WAY. (Cue hanging skeleton)

Guests then walk through a Haunted Museum, playing Phantom Manor’s loading area theme, lined with artwork from all over the world that do something ominous as they pass. These are An Egyptian Mosaic Of Cleopatra (Changes from woman in white gown to black panther), The Tapestry Of The Black Knight (Changes from human to skeleton), Painting Of A Ship (Becomes a tattered ship in a storm), Engraving Of Doctor Faustus (An old man becomes a flaming devil holding a wax sealed envelope with a soul), Chinese Painting Of Flowers (A bouquet in a vase withers away), Wanted Poster Of Guy Fawkes (Barrels of gunpowder explode behind him), Portrait Of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn (Anne Boleyn’s head vanishes off her neck), Portrait Of Ivan The Terrible (Eyes follow guests as they pass), The Statue Of Nero (Plays Grim Grinning Ghosts on the fiddle), Engraving Of Opera Glasses Lady (watches), Portrait Of The Sea Captain (turns to skeleton), Portrait Of The Witch Of Walpurgis (turns into a GOAT), Portrait Of Vlad The Impaler (Turns to a bat), Wanted Poster Of Jack The Ripper (stares), Portrait Of The Couple (watches), Photo Of Rasputin (Eyes grow and merge into one big eye), Painting Of The Villager (Becomes a wolf), Fresco Of Medusa (Transforms from girl to gorgon), Portrait Of Hatchet Man (Hatchet reflects light), Global Masks (Pacific Northwest Native Monster Mask, African Monster Mask, Papua New Guinea Native Mudman Mask, Tiki Mask, Balinese Barong Mask, Japanese Kitsune Mask, European Plague Mask, Greek Actor's Mask, and Aztec Skull Mask that watch as guests go past), and Painting Of April December (changes from young to old).

Guests board their doombuggies in The Hunting Room, a hallway lined with trophy heads that move. The ride goes under the stairwell with the floating candelabra and into the library and music room, which have a book called Ghost Registry and Phantom Manor's conservatory piano music respectively. Guests ascend the endless staircase and enter the endless hallway. Live actors dressed as knights wander through the hallway and corridor of doors, then, shouting with their arms outstretched, turn to guests to scare them. The hallway, conservatory, corridor, and clock are the same, but a cane and teacup are added to the conservatory. Madame Leota’s room is made to look like an actual room with Arabian Textiles, Egyptian Artifacts, and Chinese pottery. The ballroom remains the same with the exception of Phantom Manor's Ballroom music. The Attic has lost the piano, large portraits, and projected Constance in exchange for screaming blast up heads, moaning pop up ghosts, the Hatbox Ghost, flying bats, a spider’s web hanging above the ballroom entrance, floating orbs of light, disembodied hands coming out of the attic walls and grasping at guests, glowing eyes, scampering rats, a hatchet, and a Beating Heart Bride wearing pearls and surrounded by Constance’s wedding portraits that uses Constance’s voice lines in eerie silence. The descent leads into a catacomb of skeletons exiting coffins and dancing to Phantom Manor’s Catacomb Jazz. The cemetery regains the Disneyland original audio including the La Da Singer. Guests enter the crypt and see animatronic hitchhikers in the mirror instead of the computer animated ones. Guests pass under Little Leota and into the unload. As guests exit into The Haunted Cemetery, they hear a deep voiced phantom cackling, an effect from Disneyland.

The musical crypt, library crypt, the sea captain's crypt, and Dread Family busts are moved from the queue to the exit, joining the pun crypts and Bluebeard's tomb to form a separate Haunted Cemetery sub-attraction where the Pet Cemetery was once that guests can access without having to ride through the mansion. There are some familiar locations to imply that this is the same cemetery that guests ride through. These include stone versions of the singing busts, an open window with a bride figure looking down from the inside every so often, like the Queen outside of Disneyland's Snow White ride, a see saw and swing located near a crashed hearse, an Egyptian tomb with a sarcophagus outside, a set of three crypts atop a raised platform by the Mansion Exit, a table by the crashed hearse, a xylophone by a stone coffin with a half broken lid, and two gates where a lantern and some paw prints can be found.

Memento Mori stays where it is now and a new Hocus Pocus attraction is built across from the Mansion.

In front of the mansion, Olde Salem Towne stands. This area is actually an attraction, HOCUS POCUS: ESCAPE THE SANDERSON SISTERS. Tour guides take guests through Olde Salem Towne, passing beautiful cabins, only to stumble upon The Sanderson Cottage. Once inside, guests must find a way to escape with the children intact! Binx the cat will help guests along the way. In order to escape, guests must unlock the book of spells, perform a copying spell, unlock potion ingredients, and prepare a potion to make witches disappear. All the while, the Sanderson Sisters are slowly returning from the dead, as Mary smells children in their home. If guests succeed in the goal, the Sanderson Sisters will begin flashing before fading out of existence. If guests do not succeed, the children are taken by the Sanderson sisters to be used in their immortality potion! (Really, the children are lead out of the room early.) This area is full of actors portraying fearful villagers! The town is decorated with dried cornstalks, pumpkins, and a pillory in the center!

The Hall of Presidents is replaced by the Church, Bridge, School, and Farmhouse of Sleepy Hollow! This facade holds The Legend Of The Headless Horseman, a stop motion film based on Disney’s Sleepy Hollow using paper images for most of the story, but sculptures of Ichabod and The Headless Horseman for the climatic chase! Sleepy Hollow Inn remains in its spot, along with The Old Christmas Shop.

During Halloween Events, this section becomes Colonial Terrors. During this time, live actors wander fog filled streets portraying The Beating Heart Bride, The Headless Horseman, The Sanderson Sisters, The Sea Captain, Madame Leota as she appeared in life, Sally Slater (Tightrope walker), Hitchhiking Ghosts, Ballroom Dancers, The Singing Busts as they appeared in their corruptible mortal state, The Hatbox Ghost, and Master Gracey (Aging Man).

NEW ORLEANS SQUARE:
Replacing Liberty Tree, Diamond Horseshoe, and Frontierland's border with Adventureland, a New Orleans section is built to surround Tiana's Bayou Adventure. During The Mardi Gras, purple, yellow, and green banners, beads, and masks are everywhere!

The section begins at Liberty Belle Docks. The riverboat docks stay the same.

One of the most immersive dining experiences in this section replaces Liberty Tree and Diamond Horseshoe, a Haunted Mansion Restaurant, named Gracey's Ball. The facade is a smaller version of Disneyland’s Antebellum facade to ease architectural flow from Colonial Terrace. Guests enter through the front door and walk into The Waiting Room, where Madame Leota, making a rare full body appearance in her 50th Anniversary costume, will perform tea leaf, tarot, and palm readings with guests to entertain them as they wait. Guests enter a door on a balcony, descend, and dine in a small replica of The Ballroom, where they can watch the waltzing spirits dance to the organist's tunes. Sometimes, the spirits may come over to dance with guests. The Museum Of The Weird, located in a small alcove near the organist, allows visitors to experience an unrealized concept with added mocktails! Guests can drink coconut milk and orange juice Candle Wax that flows down from the Wax Candle Man in a way resembling melting wax! Another drink is Man Eating Plant Sap, limeade with melon soda! It leaks from the man eating plant's stem! The plant snaps at guests as they get the drink! The restrooms, themed to the mansion’s bathrooms, located near the fireplace, are decorated with Crump Demon Face Wallpaper and have Hitchhiking Ghost mirrors, complete with the same effect as the original! Guests exit through the same door they entered from.

To the right of Gracey's Ball, there is a stately manor house inspired by The Cabildo. This holds Thieves Market At Lafitte’s Landing, themed to a port-turned—marketplace of criminals owned by the famous New Orleans Pirate, Jean Lafitte. (Think of it like a New Orleans twist on The Court Of Miracles from Hunchback Of Notre Dame) Once guests enter, they see a pond. Where the guests are standing is a dock in front of a collection of Pirate Ships, each of them holding POTC merchandise. Above the dock, a sign that says Lafitte’s Landing hangs. The ships sell many different things. Queen Ann’s Revenge sells hats, eyepatches, and swords, The Black Pearl sells Toys, a Chinese Pirate Junk named Hu Chihong, in English, it’s Crimson Tiger, sells clothing, food, and drinks, and the Wicked Wench has the cashier. All the employees talk like 1700s people. (Thou shalt payeth here, my lords.)

A cemetery is located on the riverside across from Gracey’s Ball. It is home to Museum Of The Weird and Lafitte’s Cafe.

Museum Of The Weird
is to the left. Guests enter a crypt labeled Museum Of The Weird. This leads to a chamber with Crump Demon Wallpaper covering every wall as Ominous Classical Music is played on an organ. Guests see the human faced chair, who says, "Greetings! Welcome to The Museum Of The Weird! The exhibits are in dire need of help, The Candle is melting, the Plant is crazy, and Leota’s woeful. Help the museum!” Guests then enter a chamber with five doors, one of which they just exited from as ominous flute plays. This chamber is a Gothic Vaulted Chamber decorated with symbols painted on the walls, skulls and spell books on the shelves, a fog filled cauldron in the center, and show globes and plasma balls. Guests find The Wax Candle Man, who cries out in pain, “I will melt!” as frantic xylophone plays. They help him escape from the flames by way of a door feeling maze. If they touch a hot door, there is fire behind it. Then, guests avoid the tendrils of the Man Eating Plant in a Laser Maze themed to a greenhouse. Finally, they find Madame Leota, who weeps, "Oh! My lost orb in my cart. I need it to do my magic!” Guests then navigate a mirror maze to find The Orb inside of the wagon. At the end, Leota says’ “Thank You!” Guests exit through a wide chamber lined with suits of Medieval armor, portraits of ghosts from all over the world, Witches Sabbath and Saturn Devouring His Son by Goya, Rodin’s Gates Of Hell, and carved skulls, all of which seem to watch guests as they pass. The organ music from the beginning hauntingly loops in an echoing tone!

Lafitte’s Cafe is to the right. Guests enter the crypt of Jean Lafitte and wander through a catacomb hallway lined with skulls to an immersive outdoor dining area themed to a wrecked pirate ship where rum, meat, fish, grog, lime juice, Coconut Milk, shrimp, crab, lobster, and other Gulf Coast Pirate commodities are served to guests by Lafitte’s ghost crew!

To the right of Thieves Market, there is a yellow walled courtyard with a blue spiral staircase called Court Of Angels. It serves as the home of the Mint Julep Bar, French Market, Blue Bayou, an indoor restaurant themed to a Bayou plantation house’s porch at night, The One Of A Kind Shop, an antique shop specializing in porcelain, silver, brass, and woodwork, Madame Antoinette's Perfumes, a perfume shop, Lafitte's Silversmithing Shop, a shop for silver jewelry, and the entry of a dark tunnel that leads to Dr Facilier’s Voodoo Emporium. This replacement for the Country Bear Jamboree is a Savi’s type shop in which an employee of the doctor’s, dressed in his suit but with a fascinatior if female, leads guests in creating A talisman similar to the one on Facilier’s Necklace, A mask similar to the giant horned mask he displays, and A Mystical Staff, similar to Facilier’s cane. The talisman is made by putting the mouth on the top of the head. It has a button effect where the eyes glow red as drums play. The mask is a few pieces that connect. The two horns and the lower jaw go on the head. The effect is a button being pressed, causing it to project shadow demons from the eyes. The Cane, plastic ball on plastic rod, projects lavender and lime fireworks that explode into sigils, similar to the end of Friends On The Other Side while the song, beginning with Are You Ready, plays. The shop’s interior is lined with African masks that blink and move their jaw. The center is a crescent shaped desk with a red table cloth with packages containing materials for the objects. The CM spiel is the following:

(The door creaks open on its own as flames jet from three skulls, illuminating the name)

(The CM walks out the door with a staff)

CM: Hello there, I’m [NAME] and I work for Doctor Facilier. Enter the Voodoo Emporium with me and be seated at the table, for I will teach you how to do the mystic art of Voodoo.

(Guests enter and sit on a stool in front of the desk. The CM enters first and goes to a large armchair)

CM: First, I shall teach you how to create a talisman, all you need is in the package.

(Guests open the package)

CM: Now just attach the lower jaw to the top. I can help if needed.

(After everyone finished, CM says this)

CM: Now, press the button on the back and hear spirits banging on the drums in the Other Side. Now, we shall move on to a Mystic Mask, just like the ones surrounding.

(The Masks blink and move their jaws)

CM: Now, attach the horns to the top, then, the jaw to the bottom. I can assist if needed.

(After everyone is done, CM says this)

CM: Now, press the button to release Spirit Shadows from The Other Side! The final thing is a Mystic Staff, like what I carry!

(They raise the staff)

CM: Attach your crystal ball to the rod, then press the button to release the spirits of The Other Side! It is with remorse that I bid you farewell now, exit and come back once more!

(The CM points at the door, which opens on its own. Once the CM is done talking, they run into a cabinet. This is to make it seem like they magically vanished.)

(Guests exit)

The main attraction is Tiana's Bayou Adventure. This Splash Mountain replacement follows Tiana's exploration of The Bayou! Briar Patch is replaced with Mama Odie's Trinket Shop, themed to the Voodoo Queen of the Bayou's boat/treehouse. Tiana's Palace is built on the riverside. This restaurant serves authentic Cajun food. A live jazz band plays on the streets in front of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Nearby, River Rafts cross the Rivers Of America to Pirate’s Lair, a replica of Disneyland's Pirate's Lair, but themed to Jean Lafitte.

THUNDER MESA:
This is the section where Big Thunder Mountain is located. It uses the Disneyland Paris story. For those not in the know, it goes a little something like this:

Henry Ravenswood (born 1795) was a Western settler who struck gold in Big Thunder Mountain and founded the Big Thunder Mining Company, thus creating the city of Thunder Mesa. Ravenswood became rich and built himself a Victorian manor high on Boot Hill, overlooking Big Thunder Mountain, where he raised his family - his wife, Martha, and daughter, Melanie Ravenswood (born 1842).

Big Thunder Mountain was thought by the local Navajo Natives to be home to the Thunderbird, a powerful spirit who controls the rain and thunder. According to the legend, its wrath would fall on any who disturbed the mountain. However, Ravenswood ignored the desperate pleas of the Natives.

Time went by, and the gold in Big Thunder Mountain began to run out, making miners dig deeper into the mountain. Melanie grew from a girl into a beautiful young woman, who caught the eye of many would-be suitor. Four such men courted Melanie, but each met with some unfortunate fate not long after their respective intentions of marrying her were known.

Just when Melanie thought herself doomed to a lonely life, she finally became engaged to a train engineer who planned to take her far away from Thunder Mesa, much to the dismay of Henry.

Henry did everything he could to stop the wedding, but his attempts were put to an abrupt end when a terrible earthquake in 1860 struck Thunder Mesa, and killed everyone in town. It seemed the Thunderbird had been awakened, and the town was never heard of again.

Ravenswood Manor, abandoned and desolate, overlooks the town on Boot Hill, a cemetery for miners located to the left of BTMR. Within the manor's haunted walls guest can explore Phantom Canyon, a walkthrough scare maze where guests are chased by a skeletal phantom through a zombie filled Boot Hill, living skeleton filled catacombs, and a haunted ghost town, filled with actors playing zombies, skeletons, ghosts, and the skeletal Phantom, dressed in a top hat and cape with a pointed collar, this is the vengeful spirit of Henry Ravenswood who chases guests through the maze.

On the riverside, a theatre by the name of Grizzly Hall stands. Within those walls, guests can see the relocated Country Bear Jamboree.

SAN NICOLAS:
This section, located behind Big Thunder, is themed to a Mexican town with brightly painted Spanish Colonial houses.

Guests can see the Mission Tower, with a bell that rings every hour. They can also enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine at Cantina San Nicolas. Guests can buy Authentic Mexican Crafts, like textiles and pottery, from El Mercado De Zocalo, a marketplace in the center of town.

During October and November, the village is decorated for Dia De Los Muertos. This is the best time to visit, as the colorful Papel Picado, elaborate Sugar Skulls, and orange Marigolds that decorate the streets complement the colorful houses and are accompanied by equally beautiful songs and dances!

OLD SAN FRANCISCO:
This section, located to the right of Big Thunder, is themed to Victorian San Francisco. Guests can eat seafood at Fisherman's Wharf Cafe, enjoy authentic Chinese food at Middle Kingdom Treasure, or ride the main attraction, The Zhang Family Manor.

Guests queue through the gardens of a Chinese mansion in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Guests enter a room in the mansion with a silk screen that depicts a Qilin. The screen comes to life when 20 guests enter and the door to the house shuts. It says “Greetings, friends. I am the Qilin, protector of the Zhang family. Yanlouwang, the emperor of Di Yu, or the Chinese Netherworld, is seeking revenge on humanity for mining gold in his Californian domain, so he resurrects an army and transforms them into Jiangshi. I noticed this and I am making troops to help me fight Jiangshi in Disneyland! Simply pull off the golden cord on them in front of you to release light from a Magic Lantern attached to your rickshaw that I shall lead. Be aware that Jiangshi are masters of disguise.” Guests release light onto jiangshi posing as the lost expedition on Jungle Cruise, Hitchhiking Ghosts in Haunted Mansion, Pirates on Pirates Of The Caribbean, Tiki Birds on The Tiki Room, Robots on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, The Dapper Dans, The Citizens Of Main Street on Main Street, Pixar Characters on Pixar Pier, and tourists at Galaxy’s Edge. The qilin ends the ride by saying “My eternal gratitude goes to you for helping me defeat those wicked Jiangshi!” Guests go into the house’s gardens and cross a red bridge to exit. During Lunar New Year, red and gold decorates the entire section and a dragon dance is performed every hour.

GRIZZLY PEAK:
This section, located where the Native Village scene on The Rivers Of America is located, is themed to a redwood forest with a Native American Settlement at the base of Grizzly Peak, a mountain shaped like a bear.

The main attraction is Ancient Odyssey, A Native American Journey. Guests go behind a giant waterfall and enter an Iroquois Native American village. Then, they enter an abandoned mound and have a terrifying encounter with Piasa. Next, guests climb around an ancient Cliff Pueblo and discover broken pottery. The next thing guests do is look at totem poles made by real Pacific Northwest artists. Finally, guests enter a cave and exit through a tunnel in a redwood.

Guests can also explore The Native Village! This area combines multiple elements of the different tribes that call America home, while not perpetuating the evil stereotypes! Guests can climb teepees (Plains Indians), observe totem poles (Pacific Northwestern), learn their fate in the spirit cave by way of a Newspaper Rock type light display (Southwestern), enjoy a communal meal in The Three Sisters Longhouse, where all foods are made with fresh corn, pole beans, and squash, along with pumpkin in autumn (Northeastern), observe Pueblo Pottery (Southwestern), and watch Natives perform traditional dances within The Mound Of Peace, an ancient mound in the shape of Big Thunder, Tiana's Bayou Adventure, and Grizzly Peak (Southeastern).

Guests can ride down the Rivers Of America in Sacagawea's Explorer Canoes, named after Lewis and Clark's Shoshone guide.

In November, which is Native American History Month, ambassadors from the tribes who are represented in this section will be present to discuss the areas where they are represented!

HOLLYWOODLAND:
This small section, located on the riverbanks to the left of Haunted Mansion (looking from Tom Sawyer Island), is themed to old Hollywood. Guests see giant white block letters on a hill reading HOLLYWOODLAND. Below that, guests can enter one of two Mission Revival theaters, based on Carathay Circle, at the base.

The Animation House allows guests to watch a loop of Disney's animated films throughout the years.

Guests can also enter Sorcerer's Workshop and witness animation through three different rooms. The Queen's Chambers allows guests to see a zoetrope and create their own under the guidance of the Magic Mirror from Snow White. The Beast's Library allows visitors to see what Disney Character they are most like with Cogsworth and Lumiere. Ursula's Grotto allows guests to voice a scene from a Disney classic with help from the beloved (by my brother, at least) sea witch!

This entire section is hidden from the rest of Old America by trees.
Frontierland redesign

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good evening everyone!!

The first prompt will be posted tomorrow (May 7th) afternoon, WDW time.

Before we officially get underway, I just wanted to elaborate on the game’s scoring structure just a tad. I don’t want to get too wrapped up in this because I want this to be fun and casual and enjoyable. But, this is after all a competition, soooo,…

First place in a round is worth 30 points, second place earns 20 points, and third gets 10 points. Your projects will be scored based on the five criteria previously outlined. That score will then be added to the points you get for your placement. (As an example, if your team gets a score of 22 points out of a possible 25 on a project and places first, you would earn a total of 52 points for that project).

But in addition to the scores, various awards will be given out each round for personal achievements. These will be awarded to players who excel in various components of each project, regardless of where their team ranks for the round.

Don’t get too caught up in this! The scoring is mostly there for me as your hostess! Your individual contributions can get you into the finals of the game even if your team places last!

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask!

In the mean time, sleep well, and get ready for your first prompt tomorrow!!!

FigmentPigments

I’m going to get cancelled but… I FINALLY realized who Cassie was in Team Cassie :eek:
Honestly, I only saw the first Antman movie, so the last time I saw Cassie, she was a child. I mean, I also saw her in Infinity War as a teen, but she was barely a (forgive the pun) blip in the movie.

The only reason I knew who she was, was because I read reviews on how bad Quantumania was. 😅

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Good evening everyone!!

The first prompt will be posted tomorrow (May 7th) afternoon, WDW time.

Before we officially get underway, I just wanted to elaborate on the game’s scoring structure just a tad. I don’t want to get too wrapped up in this because I want this to be fun and casual and enjoyable. But, this is after all a competition, soooo,…

First place in a round is worth 30 points, second place earns 20 points, and third gets 10 points. Your projects will be scored based on the five criteria previously outlined. That score will then be added to the points you get for your placement. (As an example, if your team gets a score of 22 points out of a possible 25 on a project and places first, you would earn a total of 52 points for that project).

But in addition to the scores, various awards will be given out each round for personal achievements. These will be awarded to players who excel in various components of each project, regardless of where their team ranks for the round.

Don’t get too caught up in this! The scoring is mostly there for me as your hostess! Your individual contributions can get you into the finals of the game even if your team places last!

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask!

In the mean time, sleep well, and get ready for your first prompt tomorrow!!!
I'll be reviewing rounds. @Tegan pilots a chicken Then hopefully I'll be in the game later...

Mr. Tux

View attachment 714184

Welcome one and all to What If,… Disney Parks Edition!

This team-based game will take players on a bombastic journey through numerous alternate realities where certain events have been altered, leading to a whole new world of imagineering possibilities!

Projects will generally last 7-10 days, giving all players ample time to contribute to each round. However, be aware this is the multiverse, anything can happen!!

On the subject of projects, a word or two about judging criteria - projects will be scored on five metrics:

Creativity
Realism
Teamwork
Presentation
X-factor

Feel free to ask any questions regarding judging, or literally anything else!!

In the mean time, get ready to meet your teammates!!​
whats x-factor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom