What If… Disney Parks Edition Game Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
1A723461-C93E-4131-BDE2-0D5FC299316E.png

TEAM CASSIE

So right away I love that you chose to incorporate elements of Black Panther into this land, but chose South America as the locale. This allowed you to highlight multiple cultures while adding variety to the landscape of the park!

The entire dueling coaster concept is an absolute home run!! Two rides based out of two different sub-lands that have intertwining stories and track,… that’s brilliant!!! I don’t know what else to say about it, it’s just fantastic.

Chadwick Bozeman is alive in this timeline. 💕💕

Honestly the aquarium and Living Seas-inspired dark ride are my personal highlight! JELLYFISH!!! I appreciate the trackless vehicle technology as well as the “something went wrong but it’s not that serious” story of the ride. You basically took the sea cab ride from EPCOT Center and made it better! Love this!

The elaborate immersive “shows” are lovely touches that send this over the top. Walking into the Grand Trench would be a mind blowing experience! And I’m highly invested in the augmented reality show! As heartbreaking as it would be to have the reality of oceanic pollution spotlighted, it’s important. People need to care more about the oceans, and the planet in general.

You have the obligatory meet and greets as you should. And the flat ride is a nice addition to help fill out the attraction lineup.

This was well done, Team Cassie!

Thank you for this and all of your contributions to the game!!

Creativity 5/5
Realism 4/5
Teamwork 4/5
Presentation 5/5
X factor 5/5

Total: 23/25

TEAM WANDA

You had a really interesting concept that had a ton of potential here. The Savage Lands are likely not the first location many would consider for a project like this but I love that kind of outside the box approach to something like this.

The idea of a comic book style presentation had me very excited, I would have loved to have seen that fully realized.

Kraven is not the most well known Spider-Man villain but he does have a solo film coming soon in our reality so that will change. This is a fantastic way to introduce him to the public at large, and of course Spidey is always going to be a huge draw!

The park map cover is a lovely touch! There is a lot more teased here than what we got in the final project unfortunately, but I’d really love to see this totally completed at some point as I think there is a lot of potential here.

Thanks for the efforts here and throughout the entire game!

Creativity 4/5
Realism 4/5
Teamwork 3/5
Presentation 4/5
X factor 3/5

18/25

I was really hopeful that one of the teams would have attempted an Ant-Man and The Wasp themed land (Team CASSIE). There is soooooo much potential with an insect focused land, and San Francisco would be a really interesting backdrop for it.

Anyway. Thank you all again for participating in this game all summer!

We have two rounds remaining; the semi-finals and the finals. I will drop the semi-final prompt later today!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
SEMI-FINALS

Team Wanda
and Team Cassie are advancing to the semi-finals. The winning team will advance to the finals for the finale, an individual based prompt. I will reserve the right to add players from the other team to the finals lineup at my discretion.
That’s how I roll.

This is your semi-final project.

Welcome to Universe 999XXX

Otherwise known as

IMG_1561.jpeg

The CHAOSVERSE!!

This is a place that has been visited numerous times in competitions. First unveiled by yours truly 💕 as part the finale of Sorcerer’s Apprentice 7, then revisited during One Little Spark 3, now it’s time to add another new addition to my favorite corner of the Imagineering multiverse!!

This is your task!

IMG_5872.jpeg

Design an entirely new Adventureland for Disneyland Park!! You’ll be leveling EVERYTHING and starting completely from scratch!!

This project is due on Sunday August 6th at 11:59pm WDW time!!

Best of luck, teams!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
My paternal grandpa, the one who is responsible for my passion for Disney Parks, passed away Thursday morning.

Earlier this week he had to be moved from a rehabilitation center to a hospital after he became unresponsive. They ran some tests and determined that he had an inoperable hemorrhage in his brain and would pass away within the coming days.

On top of that, just a few hours before he passed, one of my best friends also lost her mom. She had been suffering from a myriad of health issues for many years.

And I worked 50 hours this week covering extra shifts at another nearby store because they are down multiple managers.

So it’s been an incredibly difficult week. I’m terribly sorry for being so absent as of late. You all deserved a better host, but I can assure you that I did the best that I could. Unfortunately I just didn’t really have the energy I wanted to devote to everything.

All of that said I’m looking forward to reading your submissions at the end of the weekend. Thank you all for participating and I truly hope you’ve all had fun.

MickeyMouse10

My paternal grandpa, the one who is responsible for my passion for Disney Parks, passed away Thursday morning.

Earlier this week he had to be moved from a rehabilitation center to a hospital after he became unresponsive. They ran some tests and determined that he had an inoperable hemorrhage in his brain and would pass away within the coming days.

On top of that, just a few hours before he passed, one of my best friends also lost her mom. She had been suffering from a myriad of health issues for many years.

And I worked 50 hours this week covering extra shifts at another nearby store because they are down multiple managers.

So it’s been an incredibly difficult week. I’m terribly sorry for being so absent as of late. You all deserved a better host, but I can assure you that I did the best that I could. Unfortunately I just didn’t really have the energy I wanted to devote to everything.

All of that said I’m looking forward to reading your submissions at the end of the weekend. Thank you all for participating and I truly hope you’ve all had fun.

My condolences for your losses. I feel your pain and have seen my share as well.

You've done an awesome job hosting, some of the best I've seen. Take time for yourself and get your mind better. That's all that matters right now. The boards will be here for you whenever you come back.

DisneyManOne

Sorry for your loss.

PerGron

So sorry to hear about your loss. Don't stress about hosting, you've done a great job and set up a great game. Plus running it basically solo this latter half I'm sure is challenging. Real life comes first after all.

cdunlap

Condolences, Tegan.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
1691363041284.png
Yesterland

Adventureland
"A world of exotic and whimsical experiences"

Welcome to Adventureland here at Yesterland.com. Each day, citizens of Disneyland head to this perilous land for a taste of the exotic grandeur and whimsical experiences found in this area. Perhaps you could take a ride on the gentle Jungle Cruise to your doom, as a Skipper does their best to make you laugh at their punny jokes (or them).

1691368000774.png

This could be you

Maybe you could explore the Temple of the Lost Eye with Indiana Jones and ride to your doom as a large boulder rolls toward you.

Behind the Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland

Or sit down at the Enchanted Tiki Room with a refreshing Dole Whip of your choice. There are so many other things to, like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Bengal Barbecue, and other little things here at this land. Whatever it is, Adventureland is here for your Adventurous needs.

Or maybe not.

There were many problems with the land. Indiana Jones, for example, changed most of the Indiana Jones animatronics and scenes into sacrilegious screens. Tiki room featured lamentably unmoving birds. Jungle Cruise skippers had gone on a boycott due to rude guests. The Dole Whip stands began to only offer interesting flavors like vanilla and chocolate. The treehouse broke, causing a few injuries to cast members. To put it into perspective, everything had begun to fall into chaos at the land.

On November 10th, 2021, after the end of the short Covid pandemic, Disney Imagineers announced an "exciting announcement" for excited fans at the postponed D23 event. The biggest reveal was an exciting refurbishment of the land, which would feature a thrilling Jungle "Cruise"/Indiana Jones raft ride, a fully developed S.E.A. outpost, a Jungle Book dark ride, and many other offerings. But it came at a cost: the ENTIRE land was to be razed to the ground and rebuilt from the ground up. Unfortunately, many of the structures had fallen into disrepair and could not be directly remodeled or refurbished, which meant changes had to be made...

On June 28th, 2023, a refurbished Adventureland opened, and the old Adventureland moved to Yesterland. The new land at Disneyland also came with an Adventure Guide by the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, which can be viewed here.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you all so very much, for your submissions, your kind words, and your condolences.

I am currently working on writing a eulogy. I’ve never done this before but I guess there is always a first for everything.

And I’m training a new manager this week.

Then this weekend my mom and I will be flying into Tampa for the funeral.

So, it may be a few days before I’m able to properly review these projects and set up the finale. I’m so, so sorry.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don’t want to keep you all waiting for me.

So this is what I’ve decided to do.

Team Cassie, Team Wanda, each of you are invited to participate in Project 009;
the individual finale.

Your final challenge is this:
Design an E ticket attraction for any non-Castle park.

Your available parks are:
Epcot
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s California Adventure
Tokyo DisneySea
Walt Disney Studios Paris

This project takes place in our reality. However you can choose any time period you wish!

Again, this is a solo project!
This project is due Sunday, August 20th at 11:59pm WDW time.

ThemeParkPriest

the individual finale.

Epcot
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Tokyo DisneySea

This project takes place in our reality. However you can choose any time period you wish!

Congrats to everyone from Team Cassie and Team Wanda for making it to the Finale!

I'm back from vacation, so...time to go all-in!

cdunlap

the individual finale.

Epcot
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Tokyo DisneySea

If I did EPCOT, could I give WS a new pavilion to go with the attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom