What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

• The original Enchanted Tiki Room is by far the best.

Votes: 111 75.0%
  • I like the new Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Never liked either and think it should be replaced.

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters

RoRo

I have seen the original one and I don't remember it that well. have not even bothered seeing the new one, so I will go with the third option.

sbkline

I like the current version, so I voted for that one. However, I have never experienced the original, or if I have, I don't remember it. I went in 1987 and don't remember if I did it or not. And I went in 2000 and I know I did the Tiki Room, but I don't remember if it was the old version or the current version, so I can't compare the current one to the original. I just know I enjoy what's there now and I hope they don't replace it.

WillMouseketeer

I love the original...Trying to update it for NextGen of Disneyfans is sinking to new lows...This would be as Horrific as Placing an AA of Hannah Montana in Country bear Jamboree....Noodle that one!:lookaroun

I agree with you to an extent, but being one of the NextGen Disney fans I dont think it's blasphmey to refresh things in the parks for newer generations, although it's an unpopular opinion to think so.

WDWVito

I prefer Original.... Seeing it many times as a kid with my parents it is a fond memory.
It was something you walked out of remembering, signing and smiling.

While i can not say the new one is 100% bad, it just does not have the same feel.
But, My kids enjoyed it and that will hopefully be a fond memory for them as they get older.
So, for that reason... it was ok.

vonpluto

We did Tikiroom on our first five trips, but blew it off for it's last eight years. It had become stale and archaic.

We've done UNM every trip since it opened, it's fresh, and funny. Arrogant Iago is perfect for the temperament of this day and age. He would fit right in on most forums.:fork:

That being said, I would just as soon see them bulldoze the whole thing and put in something totally new and different. Then they would be free to use Tikiroom for it's original concept, as a dinner show, at the Poly luau for instance.

We need a run and hide smilie!:ROFLOL:

Demeter Tess

I'll stick up for the "new" Tiki Room [although it's no longer new, strictly speaking] if no one else will. It's one of those attractions that I always have to see, if only for the excuse to sit down for a bit. Iago is so perfectly obnoxious and I've always loved Zazu. The bickering between the two is easy for audiences young and old to relate to, and I appreciate that Disney did attempt to keep some of the original characters without warping them too much [ie, Figment]. Granted I was not particularly attached to the original Tiki Room and cannot recall it very clearly from my childhood, but I've never understood the extreme dislike toward its newer version.

We need a run and hide smilie!
Run and hide, indeed.

Ilovewishes

I saw the original when I was about 8/9 years old and just adored it. Didn't get back until I was 14 and I was appalled at what they had done to it! It actually upset me a little cos I loved the original one so much (even have the Tiki song on at least 3 of my Disney CDs!)

Having said that, once I lowered my expectations and saw it again when I was older (about 20/21 years old) I actually did enjoy the new version. I love Zazu and Iago but I do get a bit bored when the Tiki gods are doing their bit. And I've seen kids scream when they come out!:eek:

But my vote has to go with the original.

Harry456

I am with a lot of WDWmagic readers here and that i don't remember the ride. My first trip to Disney World, I know we saw the show before it became "Under New Management", but I was 7 at the time.....no memories

I know when we went back to Disney World in 1998, I remember my parents brought us to the Tiki Room and when we got out, I remember them saying "god, that was horrible...why they change it?" Then, we never returned to the Tiki Room since.

I am with the oringal....the song "n the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" is too damn catchy.

EPCOTPluto

I can't really vote on this one....

1. I never saw the original show. :rolleyes::(

2. I absolutely am uncomfortable with the current show.

3. I don't think it can be replaced, but please remove the "hip" theme to it, and make it more Polynesian. Though Uh-Oa is rather cool...

S. Paridon

Anything with Gilbert Gottfried's voice in incredibly annoying. I like the original. We've seen the original recently in DL and it brought back great memories.

Scooter

I like the idea of the Tiki Room itself but I think it needs a total rehab.

For those of you who were adults when they saw the original attraction, if you remember like I do, it was never filled. People got tired of it and that's why they refurbished it. Now the same thing is happening. People are tired of the newer version and the old version has become nastalgic due to childhood memories. That's why it's time for Tiki room version 3.0. I think we should keep the tiki theme using some of the songs from the past version but upgrade it by adding new audio animatronics and new songs.

I love the original and I can not stand the new one. It's so dam annoying, I want to see the show and love all the sights in there. I really can not stand the new song either, want to punch that parrot out for sure. :zipit:

DizneyPryncess

Growing up, my parents hated this attraction. To my knowledge, I've never seen the original to be able to compare it. I like the current one enough, but I don't visit it each time. My husband hates it, so he tries to avoid it too.

WDW Is My Life

I like the new one, im not saying its the best attraction ever but it's good to go and in see it, only downside was when there was this huge guy that stank of sweat and he came and sat next to me :)

Erika

I never went into it until after it had already changed, and I thought it was cool, but annoying. Last year I saw the DL version and liked it so much better. I think if I'd have seen the original before the makeover, I wouldn't have enjoyed the new one at all.

SeaCastle

I saw the UNM version before I saw the original version. I could take or leave the UNM version before I saw the original one, but once I went to Disneyland I thought the original was by far superior. The entire show was beautiful, enjoyable, and relaxing. My party didn't feel the same way, but that's just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom