What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

• The original Enchanted Tiki Room is by far the best.

Votes: 111 75.0%
  • I like the new Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Never liked either and think it should be replaced.

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Personally I liked the original one better but the attraction had become a ghost town and needed to be changed or it would have suffered the same fate as Mr Toad and Horizons. I think another change is on order in the near future however it will more than likely include a little blue guy that most Disney die hards are not too fond of.

WWallaceII

Iago alone makes the experience Wakkie Nu Nu.... and that's bad!

Didn't see the original, but from videos I have seen of it I am sure I would have preferred the original version.

DisneyNut2007

I agree completly. Somethings don't need to be changed.

Ah, but WDW's Tiki Room had to be changed.

It was not pulling in decent crowds anymore and needed a shot in the wing.

Therefore, as usual, I must defend Iago and Zazu, knowing that they did indeed help save WDW's Tiki Room from going the way of Mr. Toad, Horizons, etc.

"Under New Management" is just as great a show as the original and it's best that the shows be different at both parks (UNM at WDW, the original at DL, "Aloha e Komo Mai" at TDL). It gives folks like yours truly more of a reason to even want to go to the other Disney parks around the world.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Saw the original when I was either 6 or 7, the most memorable thing about the tiki room was wondering how they made it rain.. lol

acishere

The one time I rode the original I remember my parents hating it so we walked out. So I really remember nothing about it. However anything has to be better without Gilbert Godfried. Well except Afflack ads.

MMfangirl

iv seen the video of the original and it bored me.... i even skipped some songs... there was no story, just songs..

i loved under new management!!! it made me laugh and i enjoyed the show!! :)

LaughingGravy

OK, I saw the DL version at the end of June and the beginning of July.
I saw it 4 times and I have the audio memorized besides, thanks to mp3 files.

I just saw the posted video here on WDW Magic, but will be lucky enough to see it in person thanks to a business trip coming up next month.
My eyes even welled up briefly.

The audio edits seem jarring. They also seem obvious, at least in the video.
If they really do sound like that in person, I could have done better with the free audio editor app on my droid phone.

I miss the sing along. Every time I saw it in DL, the majority of people were indeed singing along., and it only ads a minute or so to the whole thing.
It seems/reeks of cheap to take it away.

Adding the individual tiki gods to the preshow would have been nice, and a fuller waterfall would be better, making more sense to hide the obvious circular door in the pre-show.

Don't get me started on the fountain not being there.
I hope they will add it, but somehow I think what they have now is all they will be doing.

Don't get me wrong.
On the one day I have there, I will be running to go see it, CoP, HoP, PoTC,HM, Splash and Space Mtns, and then likely Tiki Room again, but unless the audio is better than I think it is, this shorter show, while appreciated that it is not UNM or simply shuttered, is indeed just short of justifying a trip with the family.

If they add the fountain and sing along back, I'll bring the family prior to the FLE being finished. Until then, the choice would be DLP and DCA, and/or wait until all of FLE is finished for a family trip.

I am sure TDO is waiting on my judgement:ROFLOL::kiss:, but to go through all of the effort and then have it come up short upon opening, just seems a little disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom