What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

What do you think of the Enchanted Tiki Room???

• The original Enchanted Tiki Room is by far the best.

Votes: 111 75.0%
  • I like the new Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Never liked either and think it should be replaced.

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
While on the boards here, there seems to be a mixed reaction to the Tiki Room attraction. Some like the new version, others stand by the original, while it seems others don't like it at all. So which one are you and why????

KingStefan

Under new management is GHASTLY!

Bring back "Let's all sing like the birdies sing" sing-along.

Stricly speaking, I don't want the original, but the current DL version, which is slightly improved (as I understand - I haven't seen it).

Cmdr_Crimson

I love the original...Trying to update it for NextGen of Disneyfans is sinking to new lows...This would be as Horrific as Placing an AA of Hannah Montana in Country bear Jamboree....Noodle that one!:lookaroun

Steve-B

I absolutely loved the original. It won't be too much longer before Zazu and Iago will be out of date.

Iago is already annoying.

I_heart_Tigger

worst most excruciatingly painful experience of my life, would rather gouge my eyes out with a splintered wooden spoon than sit through 5 seconds either version ever again

I short...don't like it :D

aeillill

I absolutely love love the original Tiki Room some of my earliest memories of Walt Disney World is of that show. I do agree that it needed some love, some modernization I think would have done wonders in my opinion.

I despise the 'Under New Management' version however. It's a monstrosity in my opinion, they took an original unique attraction and just slapped some annoying current characters into it and called it a day. Evey trip I think it can't be as bad as I remember and I decide to give it a try sometimes I just listen to the barker bird in the queue and then make a quick exit once I get in the theatre, sometimes I make it all the way into the theatre and walk out when I realize it really is as horible as I remember. Maybe I'd hate it less if I got to hear the entire Tiki Room song once through but those few bars they give us aren't enough.

I can't wait until I move to Arizona next year and can drive over to Disneyland and finally get to see the beauty of the original version without awful Iago and Zazu

SirGoofy

Under New Management is one of the worst attractions ever built by Disney. Plain and Simple. The old one isn't one of my favorites, but it's definitely better than UNM.

LaughingGravy

In '77 I saw the original WDW version. Loved it.
As the (ahem!) years went by and I was lucky enough to visit multiple times with my parents, it was always a favorite.
Then....they killed it.

I even gave it a second chance on a solo trip to WDW once.
I felt bad at the time I could have spent anyplace else in the MK, since I had only the one day.

In 2007 I was lucky enough to do a solo trip to DL for a day with a business trip.
I had to dab my eyes when I saw how great the refurbishment was at DL.
Though a just tad different than the original-original, it felt as if Walt was right there smiling.
I sang. I smiled. I laughed.
I saw the wonder of people of all ages enjoy that show.

I saw it 3 times that day. I should have seen it more.
Wow. Just Wow.

WDW really needs that refurbishment.

Thrill Seeker

The biggest problem with Under New Management is the fact that it was designed to make fun of the original, which now nobody remembers at WDW. It has more than outlived it's welcome and should be replaced. I'd love to see either the DL version or even the Stitch Tokyo version (of course using one of the SGE AAs, causing it's demise :) over what we have now.

wdwbeepbop

Definitely the original. Needs something else but please, no more stitch. Bring in the DL version and put Walt Disney's name on it like CoP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom