What Disney name would you name your kids?

hwdelien

This thread made me think about how much effort Walt and his successors put into coming up with fairly unique names for their characters. They don't seem odd when your watching the movie, but then when you get right down to it, most of us wouldn't really name our kids after these characters. It's kind of like when a sports team retires a jersey. No newborn could live up to the name Ariel.

I must admit though, my middle name is Woodward and I spent most of my teenage years being called Woody. I'm 42, so it predates Toy Story by a bit.

wannabeBelle

I would definitely do Christopher Robert for a boy. Wendy isnt bad for a girl, I do love Belle but Id probably switch it to Isabelle if anything. Belle

kymie

I had a little girl in August, and we named her Disney. For us its a word that brings so much happiness, be it memories from the parks or watching movies. I suggested it and thought I would have a hard job persuading hubby but he said yes straight away!:sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

Well, we just had a baby girl 8 weeks ago, and we wanted to name her something that had a Disney tie-in... Maybe not an obvious one, but something obscure.

So let's see how long it takes for you all to figure out the tie-in (probably not long considering how everyone here are Disney freaks)!!

We named her Kinley.

So? Where is it from? :shrug:

disneydudette

We named her Kinley.

So? Where is it from? :shrug:

The only relation I can remember is from Club Cool at Epcot... one of the fountain drinks is named Kinley... it tastes like Sprite :slurp:

Pic from allears.net:
cc55.jpg

Buried20KLeague

The only relation I can remember is from Club Cool at Epcot... one of the fountain drinks is named Kinley... it tastes like Sprite :slurp:

Pic from allears.net:
cc55.jpg

Yep. :p Good call!

I've actually tried to buy some of the stuff somehow (for bottles with Kinley on them and whatever) but can't figure out how to do it.

disneydudette

Yep. :p Good call!

I've actually tried to buy some of the stuff somehow (for bottles with Kinley on them and whatever) but can't figure out how to do it.

I love that name and congrats on the new little one. I used to coach a girl named McKinley (after the mountain). Not sure where to even begin to look for that... perhaps Ebay or a store in your area that caters to middle eastern cuisine (since it originates in Isreal).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
:brick::dazzle::(:confused::eek::zipit::mad::veryconfu:lookaroun:hurl:
Yup, that pretty much sums up some of these answers.
Folks, in all honesty, just remember that kids are very impressionable at a young age, and also, kids are very mean at a young age. While there are plenty of respectable Disney-related names, some of you parents are gift wrapping ammo for schoolyard bullies to use against your children.
Be careful.
That's just my opinion, of course...

jhastings74

What last name does William Turner NOT go well with (except maybe 'Turner'...)??? Always a good choice...

...or you could go with Bomb Voyage....

WDWFigment

:brick::dazzle::(:confused::eek::zipit::mad::veryconfu:lookaroun:hurl:
Yup, that pretty much sums up some of these answers.
Folks, in all honesty, just remember that kids are very impressionable at a young age, and also, kids are very mean at a young age. While there are plenty of respectable Disney-related names, some of you parents are gift wrapping ammo for schoolyard bullies to use against your children.
Be careful.
That's just my opinion, of course...

Hopefully none of the other puppies mess with our little Walter when he goes to obedience class!

In all seriousness, though, I completely agree. We considered some of the other names listed here (I won't specify which ones), but we ultimately considered them too cheesy...for a dog. That really says something about them as names for human beings.

Kelsybelle

One of my client's name is Wendy and her brother's name is John...their Mom is or was a huge Peter Pan fan a long, long time ago. I always thought that was kind of cool. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom