What Disney Movies Will You NEVER Buy?

dave&di

I'm with the OP, I will never buy Bambi, tooooo sad! Or Fox and the Hound, I watched it once as a small child and found it really upsetting! I can't remember why now, I can't even remember the storyline, but know I can't watch it! :veryconfu

Spike-in-Berlin

Mostly movies of the last 10-12 years. Chicken Little e.g. was unbelievable bad, I wouldn't even take it as a present, the same goes for The Emperors New Groove, absolute abysmal rubbish. I also would never buy Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range or the Pixar movie Up (the only Pixar I would never buy). Concerning the older movies I wouldn't buy The Fox and the Hound, never liked that movie at all. And I couldn't care less for most of the DVD-sequels

foreverbelle

WhaTTTTT! Newsies is a classic :lol:

I actually do love it...there are rumors that it may be made into a Broadway show, I would totally see it!!

They are you are right. It should be up in New York this fall...but I agree its a classic at least in my book.

For me, it would have to be Fantasia....and while I own it, I never watch Pinocchio. As a kid I was afraid of the whale, so I have avoided the movie ever since then. Though having a son I had to get it...

Kirk88

I'll go with anything involving Lindsey Lohan. I asked my wife a few weeks ago if the kids would enjoy the Herbie movies. Her repsonse: 'Oh yeah! As long as it's not that garbage with Lindsey Lohan.' Ratatoullie is another....wait, save your ammo, I was already chastised once on another thread for not liking Ratatoullie....go easy.

BrittanyRose428

Some of the newer Pixar ones, Mars Needs Moms for example. I mean some of the Pixar ones are really good, in my head some of them just don't feel like Disney though =/

hammysammy59

Actually, Mars Needs Moms was produced by ImageMovers Digital, a joint venture between Disney and Robert Zemeckis. I don't mean to be so , but as a Pixar fan it's a little disheartening to have people dump Disney's mediocre-to-bad CG films on Pixar.

kashmir

I would never buy Newsies
Newsies-Poster.jpg

My niece's favorite!

I love Bambi (but it's a sob-fest), adored Wall-E! (Everyone's taste is so different)
I agree the PIXAR shorts are a must buy!
I'm not a great fan of the classic cartoons, although I respect their great influence!

Matt and Kelly

I'd probably say the newer trash like Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, or Princess and the Frog. Disney got back on track with Tangled though.

I thought Princess and the Frog was a really good movie!

As for what I wouldn't buy, Bambi. Not simply because it's sad or whatever, I've just never been a fan of that film.

Did Knee

It's a total matter of taste. One persons trash is another persons treasure. Bambi is a great example. People who like intense emotion love this picture, others find it upsetting and repulsive. I love Bambi. Some films I had never seen, and I thought I hated...until I saw them. Lilo and Stitch is a good example. I used to rant about the "stitchification" of the parks...until I finally sat through the whole movie. Then suddenly I found Stitch not so bad. Still, to answer the OP's question, in my case, I don't do direct to DVD anything EXCEPT Lion King 1 1/2...that movie was hilarious IMHO. I Like ALL Pixar. I've never seen Fox and the Hound or Home on the Range, and I believe in seeing movies before I buy them. The only Disney hand animation I really disliked was Robin Hood. As for CG, I don't like Chicken Little, though I found Meet the Robinsons mildly entertaining. So there is my opinion, which along with a dollar might buy a cup of coffee!! LOL! :wave:

danpam1024

IDK why people don't like Wall-E :shrug:. My son was just 6 when it came out and begged to see it a second time at the theater! Must be those of you not making an effeort to save the planet. Kidding. I will never own Old Yeller- trau:lol:matic childhood memories:cry:

sublimesting

I'll admit WALL-E did not look very good....but it was!!! Up is way to sad to watch again. For me though I don't like a lot of the new Disney cartoons such as ATlantis, Emperr's New Groove, Treasure Planet, etc. The movie has to "Feel Disney" for me to buy it. It took me a bit to really accept the Pixar movies at first eventhouh I liked them.

ElvisMickey

I own every Animated Feature from Snow White through Tangled and all of the PIXAR movies. I also have most of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD's. Disney nut in general and a collector! However I don't feel the need to buy every live action movie that the company has put out over the years...just my favorites. And I would NEVER buy a direct to video sequel!

WorldKey

Song of the South... :drevil: :zipit:

(Because I can't)

Good one!....although I did buy one of those 'professional bootleg' copies and its decent quality for a copy. At least I got to see it and make my own judgement instead of the new 'PC' Disney doing that for me.

Malvito

I've never met a Pixar I didn't like (yes, that includes Cars and Cars 2). I like them all for different reasons, and, while it would be ridiculous to compare the deep emotion I associate with Up (my absolute fav from Pixar) or Wall-E to the fun I have watching the Carses, there is no reason I can't have both, since both are available.

I've never taken to the Direct-To-Video sequels, and Treasure Planet just didn't do it for me, though I own the rest of the Disney animateds.

I own Happiest Millionaire, but please don't ask me to say I think it is a good movie. Likewise, we own Charlie, The Lonesome Cougar because cougars hold a very special place in the heart of my DW, but it is not one I would cross the street for were it not for that connection. The majority of the Dean Jones movies are not in my collection; the Kurt Russell/Dexter Rielly movies are.

It is interesting to note the posts declaring that they will not buy a movie if it makes them cry. If a movie can take me to that deep of an emotional space (especially in a 5 minute no-dialogue sequence), it belongs in my collection.

JIMINYCR

I wouldn't buy WALL-E... however everyone knows how much I love Disney, so for birthdays and Christmas I usually end up being given a Disney DVD or two as presents. So I'll probably end up with one in my collection. :brick: I would love to get a Song of the South DVD. I saw the sites for bootleg copies but was afraid of how bad the quality would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom