What did you do?

dreamfinder

I ran last night. Even with my headlamp it was a bit difficult. I was happy though. I ran a little over 4 miles at a 13:15 pace.
I did use a run/walk and the knee is coming along.
How wide was the throw on the headlamp? I've got a few different ones (My DS has a habit of taking them and hiding them in his toys) and I definitely find that walking the dog is easier with a wide throw vs a narrow throw. Asking mostly because once deer season wraps up and it's safe to be out again, night time runs might need to be my jam.

OG Runner

How wide was the throw on the headlamp? I've got a few different ones (My DS has a habit of taking them and hiding them in his toys) and I definitely find that walking the dog is easier with a wide throw vs a narrow throw. Asking mostly because once deer season wraps up and it's safe to be out again, night time runs might need to be my jam.
I would consider it a narrow throw, though pretty bright. It has three brightness setting. Lights from the oncoming traffic and
the uneven terrain still made it a challenge.

JillC LI

Hi all. Still here. Still running. Same schedule - about two 3.5 mile runs midweek and one 7-8 mile run on the weekends. But last weekend I did my first virtual race, and I did it with DD who is away at college. It was called the Pickle Run (motto - "I'm Kind Of a Big Dill"! LOL). The medal was adorable. We hung up the phone and started our 5Ks at about the same time. Although I haven't raced since my rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis 5+ years ago, I decided to see what I could still do even though my runs these days are pretty slow. I shocked myself with a 30:42, and old mom beat her 19 year old daughter who finished in 32:33. Granted, it was her first race ever, and I couldn't swim one lap as fast as her. LOL. It's been so long since I raced that I wasn't sure what a safe pace to start was, so I wound up with the following ridiculous splits: 9:17, 10:01, 10:30. Aw well, I'm delighted with my finish time although once upon a time my 5K PR was 26:31. So it goes. At least I can still enjoy running. Here's a little collage that DD put together of our Before and After selfies.
1605900385374.png

JillC LI

So the past couple of days, I am looking for a place to put all of running data into one spot to analyze it.

I love using intervals pro and Apple Health/Workout to track my runs as I am running them but I want to move all that data to another platform so I can analyze it.

Any suggestions? Downloaded the Nike Run Club App and wasn’t able to get my data in the app.
I'm old fashioned - I use a hand written running journal. LOL
Lately, when I have been running and only when running. I have been developing pain (not a lot) in my bottom leg. Upon looking this up I think it MAY be Shin Splits...any help? I really don’t want to stop running. It also makes sense given I just ran my first 10K while not totally trained (I was mostly trained bar one mile). Anyway that I can get some relief as well as to not injure myself further and continue running? I am not sure but I think it MAY be getting worse in terms of pain nothing super serious but enough for me to start thinking about it.
Sometimes pain in that area isn't full blown shin splints but tightening of the muscle due to running form which can eventually lead to shin splints. When I get pain there while running it usually means I'm being lazy about lifting my feet. If you try to flex your foot up slightly with each stride, sometimes that makes the pain stop.
Did a real, live, in-person half marathon Saturday! Finished in 2:10:35, beating my prior real race PR by almost 13 minutes, and beat my best prior reliably distanced 13.1 (half split in a marathon last March), by 6 minutes! Weather was between 60-65F, so it’s giving me hope that I just might be able to flirt with a 2:00:00 time if I can find a race on a day closer to 45-50F sometime this winter!

Either way, I just updated my time on my Star Wars registration, so, on the off chance that we get to race in April, Corral C here I come!! 😁
Congrats! Way to blow away your PR!
Did a 10k Sun, race two in the BAA #finishstrong challenge done. No idea how the half is gonna go, but I'll figure it out. Came to the conclusion that my DS is getting to heavy to push in the jogger over long runs.
Annoying how they keep growing, huh. ;)

GenerationX

About a year and a half ago, middle son had just started to work out by walking and running. He wanted to go on one of my runs with me, and he struggled through three miles. I had to slow down at points. Oh, how the tides have turned. I knew he'd been working up the "run" part of his workout, but I didn't know quite how much. He invited me along for one of his four and a half mile runs yesterday, and I struggled to keep up with him. He was barely winded and had to slow down for me. The baton has been passed.

Surferboy567

Today, I did a long walk, really did it out of curiosity. My longest recorded walk I think on record. Took it easy in terms of pacing, doesn’t count toward training or anything just a regular walk.

Time: 2:39:24
Distance: 8.14
Avg Pace: 19:35

Greenlawler

I sustained a calf strain, Friday, while doing a five miler.

I still did an hour on the elliptical. Still on target to do a half at Disney on January 10th.

Happy to report I am 10 pounds down, the diet is working.

Been absent for a while, is anyone else still going to WDW Marathon weekend and running?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
It’s Thanksgiving Weekend 2020! So, naturally we are in the competition window for the Peachtree Fourth of July Roadrace!! Knocked mine out on the Heritage Trail in Greenwood, SC today, a decommissioned stretch of railroad turned into a paved trail. Not as flat as I would have thought, mostly very long stretches of incline and decline, but beautiful scenery with old growth trees changing colors and overhanging the mostly secluded trail on both sides. Temps in the mid to upper 60’s but knocked out the 10K/6.22mi in 58:57 (9:29/mi) with a 28:04 5K split. Happy with both!

Surferboy567

Today I did another long run as part of my training. This one is my longest run on record. My distance is starting to increase to more substantial levels.

Time: 01:21:57
Distance: 6.52
Avg Pace: 12:34

I wasn’t really trying to go fast or anything but that is a very decent pace. Maybe my actual race pace can be faster then I think? Wine and Dine still has my best time by 2 seconds in terms of pacing.

Side Note: I THINK the plan is to run the WDW 10K on January 3th to better fit in with my training (weather permitting). I also think I will be running the WDW Half on the 10th (again weather permitting). I may move the half back one day to actually run it on the day. It all depends on the weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom