What did you do?

OG Runner

A little under a mile and a half on the track, in the rain, last night. I am stiff feeling a bit of stiffness in the knee.
My girlfriend thinks I should go back to the doctor. I am going to give it another week or two. There is little or
no pain when I am doing just about anything else, just not quite right when I am running yet.

Surferboy567

Did another maintenance run today as promised before had a slower (but still respectable) pace during these maintenance runs. This pace will probably be close to what I expect to do on Wine & Dine (maybe a little faster).

Time: 42:43
Distance: 3.22 mi
Avg Pace: 13:14

Side Note: For all my “race days” I took out my standard 2 min warm up walk. This alone should improve the pace slightly on race days.

OG Runner

Did another maintenance run today as promised before had a slower (but still respectable) pace during these maintenance runs. This pace will probably be close to what I expect to do on Wine & Dine (maybe a little faster).

Time: 42:43
Distance: 3.22 mi
Avg Pace: 13:14

Side Note: For all my “race days” I took out my standard 2 min warm up walk. This alone should improve the pace slightly on race days.

I don't mean to sound like a trainer, (though I play one on TV), but always warm up before you race.
You are right, that if you are running for all of your recorded time, your pace will be better, just don't
cut out the warm up itself.

Surferboy567

I don't mean to sound like a trainer, (though I play one on TV), but always warm up before you race.
You are right, that if you are running for all of your recorded time, your pace will be better, just don't
cut out the warm up itself.
Oh, I’ll warm up just not as part of my recorded workout. During the actual race proper. Usually a record the warm up in my workout...won’t do that here.

OG Runner

Remember the Summer, when it was so hot and humid. I remember. Time for the cold, sleeves and bit of complaining.
Yes, I will be doing it to, the same way I complained about the heat. I have to admit I enjoy the cold a bit more than the
heat. I can often put on a heavier hat and coat to fight the cold. There were days, even if I were to wear no clothes it
would have still been too hot. TMI?

Surferboy567

So the past couple of days, I am looking for a place to put all of running data into one spot to analyze it.

I love using intervals pro and Apple Health/Workout to track my runs as I am running them but I want to move all that data to another platform so I can analyze it.

Any suggestions? Downloaded the Nike Run Club App and wasn’t able to get my data in the app.

Surferboy567

Originally, the plan was to run on the treadmill since it wasn’t the nicest outside, but since I am going to run Wine & Dine in 2 days figured I may as well run outside.

Today, I did another maintenance run. Here are some stats:

Time: 42:46
Distance: 3.28 mi
Avg Pace: 13:02

Side Note: I found my answer to the data question, yesterday intervals pro updated to include more workout data, so now I have the data I have been looking for!

Surferboy567

Happy Halloween everyone!

Today, marked a lot of firsts for me but most importantly my first official runDisney 10K!

Here are the stats:

Time: 1:18:10
Distance: 6.23 mi
Avg Pace: 12:32

This avg pace is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over my normal pace of around (13:15-13:30). I walk/ran the entire thing.

When you submit your results you are given a finisher certificate. As well as the “results” screen where you can view others runs.

I wish all other runners good luck!
Here is my Wine & Dine 10K results!

Side Note: As of last night I am on Strava. Imported most of my runs (all the important ones anyways).

Was thinking why don’t we make a runDisney WDW Magic club on strava? This way we can keep track of everything on there we could even make fun challenges and events (like for Wine & Dine). Even if I keep mostly all of my activities private.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did a run of 2.1 miles in the middle of a walk which was overall 4.6 miles ;) (so 6.7 total). Wasn't going to run, but in the end decided that I had extra energy that I wanted/needed to expend.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
First off, well done on the improved pace @Surferboy567, always fun to see hard work produce results!

As to my running, I’ve found myself with a backlog of races that I signed up for many months ago that are still going virtual and am trying to get my legs back under me from gaining twenty pounds and not running much during the months since covid hit.

Been ticking a few of them away lately, did:
- a virtual 12K on 10/13.
- a live half marathon 10/18, was running under 10:00 miles til about mile 9, then the sun came out and I hit a wall, finished about 2:23:00.
- a virtual 5k on 10/26.
- got back out and ran my virtual Wine & Dine Half today in about 2:29:00. It was cooler, but still hit a slow down around mile 8 or 9, I think it was a combination of running on a trail with rolling hills throughout the course and trying to increase my cadence because my running app suggested it (which I think both slowed me down and tired me a little quicker trying to focus on taking little strides)

Next live race is a half marathon on 11/14, hoping for something around 2:15:00 if the weather is nice and cool. Will probably check off the Club runDisney 10k this weekend (yes, I’m a sucker and signed up at the last minute after they announced they were throwing in next year free) and take the rest of next week off. Then of course, the delayed virtual Peachtree 10k over Thanksgiving weekend.

Also, thanks to the folks that helped encourage me to pick up a Garmin, been running with my Fenix 6x for a few weeks now and the difference in accuracy is night and day (plus love the battery life and solar charging). I will, however, miss the pace impact of the bonus .1’s every mile or two from my old iWatch 4 🤣

Last edited:

Surferboy567

First off, well done on the improved pace @Surferboy567, always fun to see hard work produce results!

As to my running, I’ve found myself with a backlog of races that I signed up for many months ago that are still going virtual and am trying to get my legs back under me from gaining twenty pounds and not running much during the months since covid hit.

Been ticking a few of them away lately, did:
- a virtual 12K on 10/13.
- a live half marathon 10/18, was running under 10:00 miles til about mile 9, then the sun came out and I hit a wall, finished about 2:23:00.
- a virtual 5k on 10/26.
- got back out and ran my virtual Wine & Dine Half today in about 2:29:00. It was cooler, but still hit a slow down around mile 8 or 9, I think it was a combination of running on a trail with rolling hills throughout the course and trying to increase my cadence because my running app suggested it (which I think both slowed me down and tired me a little quicker trying to focus on taking little strides)

Next live race is a half marathon on 11/14, hoping for something around 2:15:00 if the weather is nice and cool. Will probably check off the Club runDisney 10k this weekend (yes, I’m a sucker and signed up at the last minute after they announced they were throwing in next year free) and take the rest of next week off. Then of course, the delayed virtual Peachtree 10k over Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks @Demarke!

That is quite the backlog of races. I know for myself, the races really keep me motivated.

Surferboy567

Since I recently finished my Wine and Dine 10K, I wanted to post/update about my upcoming races that I plan to partake in as part of my training. Many of you already know my main goal, is to complete the Fairytale Challenge (plus 5K). On my way to the Fairytale challenge I have a number of other races along the way that match up with my training (more or less).

Race #1: Wine & Dine 10K (Official Race Date November 7th) ran on Halloween Finished

Race #2 & 3: Marathon Weekend 10K & Half (Official Race Date January 8 & 9th)- Since I am not running a challenge for marathon weekend and am doing two individual races, I probably won’t be running them on the specific days back to back (though it will be very close to the actual dates). Weather is a big factor here so we shall see.

Race #4- Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon- This will be run two weeks before the Fairytale Challenge (as my training dictates). Weather of course dictates many factors.

Race #5- Princess 5K (Official Race Date February 19th) - I plan to run this on the specific day. Weather however, is always a factor I have to consider so I may move it around if weather doesn’t agree with the dates.

Race #6 and 7 - Fairytale Challenge (Official Race Date February 20 & 21th)- Similar to the 5K I plan to run this also on the specific day back to back just like the challenge dictates. Weather however, is a constant thing I must be aware of it, so I may move dates around if I have to (I’ll try my best though to run these on the day).

(If this next part happens, I have pieced together an accelerated Galloway training plan for use after the Fairytale Challenge).

....Race #8- Rival Run 5K (Official Race Date April 16th)- IF Star Wars becomes virtual I plan on running the rival/kessel run. I will once again, try running it as close to the day that I can. I may have to move the dates slightly but will try and honor the challenge to the best of my ability.

Race #9 and 10- Rival Run 10K & Half (Official Race Date April 17 & 18th)- Once again, IF Star Wars becomes virtual. I will try running it as close to the day as I can (if not on the day). Days may have to be moved slightly but I will try and honor the challenge.

As you can see I have a lot of running planned. Excited to participate in all these races and earn those medals!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom