What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I ran slow (13:30 min/mile) and honestly, it's not terrible. I also went to the parks all summer wearing a mask so... ?

It’s wearing of the mask when breathing heavier that I wouldn’t be able to do (at least not for long). Technically I have to be wearing a mask from the moment I walk into the parking garage at work (which is kind of silly since there are about 50 of us in a building that can hold more than 3’000 in offices - and double that number in “normal” times when certain conferences are being held) and I found it really difficult on days that I have run up to the office; I needed to wait until my breathing was under control before I could wear a mask.

But now that I think of it, on those days I normally have a cloth mask in my pocket instead of one of the surgical ones, so that might also have something to do with it.

Surferboy567

As per the training plan today was my first maintenance walk. No pace expectations just a simple walk.

Time: 17:30
Avg Pace: 17:06
Distance: 1.02

I’d imagine this is in preparation for tommorow an 8 mile run. With the announcement of Star Wars going virtual I’ll also be training for that if can secure a spot.

Surferboy567

Today, was my longest long run on record.

Time: 01:44:37
Distance: 8.02
Avg Pace: 13:02

So throughout the run, I actively tried to lower my pace during certain sections but...it was very hard to do so. I felt if I ran any slower it wouldn’t really be a run. During the last mile and half was the toughest part of the run but besides that the whole run went smoothly.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Went out for a walk today (couldn’t motivate to run in the cold). If I knew how close I’d be to 10k (my walk was 6.08 miles), I would have done a loop around the block just to add the missing 200 meters 😉

dreamfinder

Sunday was reasonably nice weather, so I took advantage and did the half for the #finishSTRONG challenge. Was probablly one of the ugliest runs I have done in a long time. But I finished, so = P First 5 were pushing my DS in the jogger, last 8.1 were by myself. Admittedly this run was probably more miles in one run than I have done in the last month, so anyone watching at home, do as Dreamfinder says and not as I do. Get that good base in before you do anything stupid like trying a much longer distance than you have done for a while.

Surferboy567

Week #9 of training starts this week. It is my last recovery week before the WDW 10K (at least for me).

Time: 42:49
Distance: 3.39
Avg Pace: 12:36

May have to bring my next maintenance run inside on the treadmill depending on weather. Hoping their won’t be any weather issues during the WDW half or Fairytale.

Surferboy567

Little bit of a later report then normal, due to the weather tonight I had to move my maintenance run inside on the treadmill. I accidentally recorded it as an “outside” workout, but it seemed to record the distance and pace just fine. Little less then a 5K.

Time: 47:35
Distance: 3.02
Avg Pace: 15:44

With today’s weather it had my thinking about my next race the WDW 10K, and WDW Half. I’ll be monitoring the weather carefully to make adjustments to ensure I am able to run the races outside. I’ll also be doing this for upcoming races but I imagine it will become less of a problem later on. I don’t want to run any race on the treadmill if I don’t have to, same with maintenance runs but I will as needed. I am much slower, and more tired on the treadmill then I am outside so I like to avoid it when possible. I am trying to figure out a way however, to make it more pleasant when I have to use it.

Right now I am planning to run the WDW 10K...the Saturday before race weekend. I am also planning on running the WDW Half on the actual race day, but this may have to change based on weather. I am hoping I don’t have to move any days around as it matches up with my training but I can move my training schedule around if I have to (something I am already doing by running the half on the actual race day).

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Little bit of a later report then normal, due to the weather tonight I had to move my maintenance run inside on the treadmill. I accidentally recorded it as an “outside” workout, but it seemed to record the distance and pace just fine. Little less then a 5K.

Time: 47:35
Avg Pace: 15:44

With today’s weather it had my thinking about my next race the WDW 10K, and WDW Half. I’ll be monitoring the weather carefully to make adjustments to ensure I am able to run the races outside. I’ll also be doing this for upcoming races but I imagine it will become less of a problem later on. I don’t want to run any race on the treadmill if I don’t have to, same with maintenance runs but I will as needed. I am much slower, and more tired on the treadmill then I am outside so I like to avoid it when possible. I am trying to figure out a way however, to make it more pleasant when I have to use it.

Right now I am planning to run the WDW 10K...the Saturday before race weekend. I am also planning on running the WDW Half on the actual race day, but this may have to change based on weather. I am hoping I don’t have to move any days around as it matches up with my training but I can move my training schedule around if I have to (something I am already doing by running the half on the actual race day).

I trained for Princess 2019 ALL outside in anywhere from 32 degrees ABOVE zero to negative 30 degrees windchill. I ran my 12 mile long run in 4" of snow wearing yaktrax. I'm so glad I moved to FL

Surferboy567

I trained for Princess 2019 ALL outside in anywhere from 32 degrees ABOVE zero to negative 30 degrees windchill. I ran my 12 mile long run in 4" of snow wearing yaktrax. I'm so glad I moved to FL
The temperature isn’t the problem, but I imagine I would have a hard time training in those temperatures. The problem for me is the snow, and then ice. Last thing I need is to have a problem right before the race.

Surferboy567

Today, I was able to complete my long and magic mile outside. On a very limited route but I was able to squeak by in terms of mileage. I tried to use my normal route but the entire route was covered in snow. So I resorted to an alternate route. I am starting to get a tad worried about the WDW 10K and WDW Half.

Today marks two weeks till I was planning on running the WDW 10K. I am starting to question if I am going to be able to run the races as intended. I think I will able to do a 10K on my alternate route no problem by doing a couple of loops around. The half is what worries me though I don’t know what I am going to do if I can’t do my regular route when running the WDW Half. I guess it’s possible to do many loops around my alternate route, but that isn’t really ideal. So I hope the snow and ice melts, enabling me to use my route for the races. Trying to avoid the treadmill as much as possible but we will see when I will have to use it. Been monitoring the weather as much as I can.

Anyways here are the stats for today’s “long” run. Little less then a 5K.

Time: 38:41
Avg Pace: 12:48

Then came the “magic” mile.

Time: 10:51
Distance: 1.01
Avg Pace: 10:41

Mile 1: 10:41

The “magic” mile isn’t an improvement over last time but it is in the same range. My choice of clothes and trying to run outside with the ice (but slowing down when I saw ice) contributed to the slower “magic” mile.

GenerationX

Another 3 miles today in 30 degree weather, which seems to be the norm here in Chicagoland. At least the pavement is clear and dry.

It's a little disheartening that my times are worse than when it was warmer, but that always happens to me in cold temps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom