What did you do?

JillC LI

No running for me this weekend, but nice runs and races for the rest of you. We went sightseeing by foot in Boston Saturday morning - walked about 6 miles according to my hubby's Fitbit, but it felt like 26 miles in the heat and humidity. We all had to keep ducking into stores to cool off because we felt like we were going to pass out. Saw a ball game at Fenway Park in the afternoon - thankfully we had seats in the shade. And on Sunday we went to Rockport and did lots of climbing on the rocks. (Cross-training?) Fun day.

fmingo36

No running for me this weekend, but nice runs and races for the rest of you. We went sightseeing by foot in Boston Saturday morning - walked about 6 miles according to my hubby's Fitbit, but it felt like 26 miles in the heat and humidity. We all had to keep ducking into stores to cool off because we felt like we were going to pass out. Saw a ball game at Fenway Park in the afternoon - thankfully we had seats in the shade. And on Sunday we went to Rockport and did lots of climbing on the rocks. (Cross-training?) Fun day.

Fenway is such a great place to watch a game. Of course, I'm a Boston girl at heart.:D

Sumrdog

Super fun! Boston is my favorite city, I grew up about an hour away in NH. I take my kids every year when we visit my family. It's really fun for them seeing all the museums and the ocean, it's so different from where we live in Montana.

bethram

Outdoor 5k run through the cemetery. I was hoping some of you experienced runners can help me understand what's going on. This may sound silly, but since this is all so new to me.

My fasted 5k treadmill time was 40:40 (just last week). Today on my run I used the Strava run app. It's saying that my 3.1 mi run took 34 minutes. This is shocking to me. Now, I was able to practically run (and I use that term loosely because it certainly isn't very fast) without stopping. There were varied hills throughout the terrain - some very slight and others a tiny bit steeper. Are apps often incorrect? I just am surprised that my time was not longer considering what it normally is indoors. Would the hills account for any of the discrepancies?

I run signifincanty slower on the treadmill than on the street, 1 to 2 minutes per mile slower. I'd wager to say the time on the app is correct, distance is another story.

I'm glad your feeling better, it's amazing what an adjustment can do for your entire body as well as better support in your shoes.

bethram

Even though I've got another one of my headaches this morning, I managed to get up and run. It was only 3.5 miles @ 9:06 pace, but it was my first run since the 10k last week. I'm over these headaches, I think they are a combination of some sort of allergy (mold, maybe?) and the stress I hold in my shoulder pulling up my neck into the base of my skull. I haven't had this many headaches in this short a period of time in a LONG time and of course I'm going longer between chiropractor visits this time because he's going out of town :arghh:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've got a job interview this morning, so I was going to just sleep in. Then, half asleep, I realized that today was "day 1" of my training plan for the WnD 1/2 marathon, so I got up out of bed and followed my instructions. 5 miles slow. No problem.
Tomorrow gets interesting, as it's got a run planned on my bike commute day. Going to try and run and then bike. Lets see how that goes.

Mr mom

10 miles today. I have been off the grid for a little while as I was really busy with too many issues to mention. anyway this was my first run since Monday of last week. I guess you can say I had a rest from running but unfortunately I was not resting, ugh. So glad last week is over and I can get back to important things like running.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
21 miles. Not as hot, but the humidity was suffocating...loved it :D

And some news to come...
Damn right you did.

5 mile easy run. Used a watch to keep my mileage but paid no attention to pace, I wanted to keep it slow and steady after yesterdays mess of a 10k. I was a lot happier running today than I was yesterday so it was a good day.
Good for you. I use to do a No Watch Monday and just went to run for the love of it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles last night under a full moon (Ill run at night anytime I can do this).

Weights this morning on the legs including 30 reps per leg of hold 50lbs and stepping up on a 21 inch step. My buddy that I run with was giving me a preview of the Cheaha 50K and said that there is so much climbing that you cant "run" it. It is vertical climbing. I was told the last mile is so tough, it took him 22 minutes to do it, and this guy can move. Getting ready the best way I can.

EDIT: My buddy just emailed me this and said to print it, tape it up someplace to not forget what Im preparing for. Blue Hell. Mile 27 to 28 climbing to the tallest point in Alabama.

Blue Hell.jpg

Sumrdog

Easy 7.1 at 10:54, I finally achieved an early wake up on my day off (6:20am)! Running early morning is the best 55 degrees and sunny. :)

We have had 3 straight weeks in the 90's and more to come with no rain in sight. We are coming into fire season here, so once that gets started depending on prevailing winds I will have to run indoors because the smoke gets pretty thick. So I am trying to make the most of these beautiful mornings while I can.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
5 miles last night under a full moon (Ill run at night anytime I can do this).

Weights this morning on the legs including 30 reps per leg of hold 50lbs and stepping up on a 21 inch step. My buddy that I run with was giving me a preview of the Cheaha 50K and said that there is so much climbing that you cant "run" it. It is vertical climbing. I was told the last mile is so tough, it took him 22 minutes to do it, and this guy can move. Getting ready the best way I can.

EDIT: My buddy just emailed me this and said to print it, tape it up someplace to not forget what Im preparing for. Blue Hell. Mile 27 to 28 climbing to the tallest point in Alabama.

View attachment 29079
Love it! If it doesn't kick your or doesn't have the potential to destroy your body, it's not worth doing ;)
Enjoy the pain, I wish it were a hundy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom