What did you do?

ejsanta13

Debated whether to do my 6 miles this morning indoors on the TM with the fan blwoing cool air on me, or outdoors in the 83 degree heat and humidity, but I just really wanted to be outdoors. It wasn't pretty but I got 'er done. 10:27 pace no less. Not bad. We're heading up to Boston this weekend, and I won't have a chance to run so I went a bit further than I usually do on work mornings a few times this week.

Oh, thought some of you might find this as inspirational as I did:
http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a-95-year-old-record-setters-rules-to-run-by

looks like we're trading states this weekend. I'm heading down to NY/NJ for the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday. gonna spend the day in the city on Sat w/ the fam. DD8 & DS4 have never been. Stay cool. Beantown has been stupid HOT!!!!

Ariel484

Debated whether to do my 6 miles this morning indoors on the TM with the fan blwoing cool air on me, or outdoors in the 83 degree heat and humidity, but I just really wanted to be outdoors. It wasn't pretty but I got 'er done. 10:27 pace no less. Not bad. We're heading up to Boston this weekend, and I won't have a chance to run so I went a bit further than I usually do on work mornings a few times this week.

Oh, thought some of you might find this as inspirational as I did:
http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a-95-year-old-record-setters-rules-to-run-by

Great article! This was my favorite quote:

"I think I have some of that built-in stubbornness, perseverance, whatever you want to call it. I'm going to finish the job I started. I made the decision to run, and it's never given me any cause to regret it."

Also the very last line of the article: "Oh yeah - and stretch." I've definitely been slacking on that lately.

fmingo36

I'm heading down to NY/NJ for the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday. gonna spend the day in the city on Sat w/ the fam. DD8 & DS4 have never been. Stay cool. Beantown has been stupid HOT!!!!

Have fun at the Color Me Rad run. I did the one in Holmdel, NJ in May. I hope they get the mileage right this time; they gypped us a few tenths of a mile. But GOOD SWAG! The race is a lot of fun and no pressure since it's not a timed race.
It's also been brutally hot in NJ as well. We are supposed to get extremely hot on Saturday, then have some thunderstorms, and finally a cool down come Sunday.

JillC LI

looks like we're trading states this weekend. I'm heading down to NY/NJ for the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday. gonna spend the day in the city on Sat w/ the fam. DD8 & DS4 have never been. Stay cool. Beantown has been stupid HOT!!!!

NY/NJ have been no better with this heat wave. I was just advised that at my daughter's camp tomorrow, they changed the theme of the day from Western Day with pony rides to Water Carnival Day with water bouncies and slip and slides! I wonder if I could get my company to do something similar! LOL. Enjoy the race. Got any fun plans in NYC? Show? Restaurant? Sight-seeing? You could do a "Shark" tour of the harbor and get nice and wet and keep cool.

Texas84

Finished another Higdon work week: 3-4-3. 7 miles Saturday then a bike ride Sunday.

Sooo, speaking of animals, now there are two of those little yippee dogs trying to act tough. One of them kept running under my legs. Not fun. Had to adjust my route.

I ran the Robins AFB USAF birthday half last August here in Georgia and swore I would never do that again. Brutally hot. But Higdon has me down for 12 miles so might as well. Would be more fun than trudging through my neighborhood getting chased by dogs and geese.

Kristia

Finished another Higdon work week: 3-4-3. 7 miles Saturday then a bike ride Sunday.

Sooo, speaking of animals, now there are two of those little yippee dogs trying to act tough. One of them kept running under my legs. Not fun. Had to adjust my route.

I ran the Robins AFB USAF birthday half last August here in Georgia and swore I would never do that again. Brutally hot. But Higdon has me down for 12 miles so might as well. Would be more fun than trudging through my neighborhood getting chased by dogs and geese.
I am going for a 12 miler this weekend too. Not really looking forward to it. I think we may try to start at 5 am. I may have to sleep run my way through this one. Hoping the forecasters are right about a cool down for Sunday.

Banzai

I've done a few more light runs now. I did 35 minutes this AM. I think I'll opt for more time and distance nbefore I try to make a longer run interval. I think distance and time is better than shooting for speed right now. Once I'm acclimated better I'll worry about better speed
Also noticed, today, that teh Space Coast Half filled up. Two weeks ago it was 60%. Bummer. Still loots of room in the full

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This morning I put a little under 6 miles in around 9:15 pace. I think tomorrow is a honest-to-goodness rest day, unless sometime between now and when I wake up I really decide that I need to get out and do something, which I doubt will happen. Who knows though, maybe a bike ride.

-em

7.40 miles today and under a 15 min/mile average :) Forgot to turn on my nike + (since its the only thing I found keeps dreadmill miles recorded semi accurately) so had to 'start over' which is why I have the extra .4 (punishment..)

As for Space Coast- Super crazy how fast it filled since its the first time EVER its hit capacity- Guess Ill be registered every year in Feb vs Sept/Oct of years past...

-em

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
21 miles.

94 degrees.

I reached for my hourly s-cap in my vest when I hit my last hour, and found I must have dropped the pill bag the hour previous. Ran that last hour, no salt. Blahhhhhhhh.

Still got it done. Hydrate well out there.
I individually wrap my scaps in clear foil. I need a small pill container. I was taking one at a refill station last weekend and was questioned what it was and why i wrapped them. Well, they are a capsule, Im sweating my off. It will dissolve.

joel_maxwell

7 miles last night. Yes... I got a night run in. Killed it and loved it. My mind was playing tricks on me and I swear, at one point, I had convinced myself, a momma bear was behind me mad for getting to close to her cubs. Maybe that is why i killed the run.

1 mile in the pool on lunch today. I COMPLETELY forgot about a meeting, raced back and people kept saying, "Does anyone else smell sun screen or something?"

Trails tomorrow. Matt and I are going to get 20+.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles in 109 degree real-feel heat. Seeing unicorns...

Now, I have earned 100 mile buckles (sub 24 hr and sub 20 hr), SWAG from 50 milers, but this tops them all. My hardest earned buckle to date: 460 mile buckle arrived yesterday!

image.jpg

joel_maxwell

20+ miles in 109 degree real-feel heat. Seeing unicorns...

Now, I have earned 100 mile buckles (sub 24 hr and sub 20 hr), SWAG from 50 milers, but this tops them all. My hardest earned buckle to date: 460 mile buckle arrived yesterday! I can't upload, pic is too big. Dammit.

I can resize.... email it to me, Ill email back.

bethram

After I did my workout this morning I took the kids to the mountain bike trail. DD goes with us fairly regularly, but it was DS6's first time on the trails and he's only been off training wheels for a couple weeks. We didn't go much, just a gravel path and part of a beginner trail, but he did great. Hopefully we'll have time to go back next week and remember to put bug spray on DD, we had to leave because she was being eaten up. The trail we were on is aptly named Mosquito Flats.

Then after that I mowed the front yard and all that accompanies it. I guess that explains why I'm tired this afternoon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom