What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

My time today was 4:04:25. I was on pace to finish in 3:55:00 which would have been a PR, but around mile 22, I got an incredible stitch that I couldn't work out no matter what I tried as well as sinus drainage that decided to pop up all of the sudden. This really put me behind, but there will be other races that will allow me to get under 4 hours. Hope everyone else ran well!

Kristia

Finished the Goofy today. Definitely was not pretty. Just eeked in under 7 hours with a time of 6:57. I was pretty disappointed with the time but considering after mile 3, I was wondering if I could even finish or if maybe I should drop out. After the half yesterday, my throat and mouth were really dry. I thought I was just dehydrated. Woke up on Sunday with the beginnings of a chest cold. The humidity and later the heat just killed me. :( After all our training, I was sure we would finish around 6 hours. It was definitely the toughest race for me so far. I don't think there are anymore Goofys in my future! We had a celebratory dinner at Le Cellier, but my appetite wasn't the best. We are just hanging at the resort tonight. One good thing though....I got that Goofy medal!!! And thank you to my wonderful hubbie who kept encouraging me and stuck with me the whole way!

Mr mom

Finished the Goofy today. Definitely was not pretty. Just eeked in under 7 hours with a time of 6:57. I was pretty disappointed with the time but considering after mile 3, I was wondering if I could even finish or if maybe I should drop out. After the half yesterday, my throat and mouth were really dry. I thought I was just dehydrated. Woke up on Sunday with the beginnings of a chest cold. The humidity and later the heat just killed me. :( After all our training, I was sure we would finish around 6 hours. It was definitely the toughest race for me so far. I don't think there are anymore Goofys in my future! We had a celebratory dinner at Le Cellier, but my appetite wasn't the best. We are just hanging at the resort tonight. One good thing though....I got that Goofy medal!!! And thank you to my wonderful hubbie who kept encouraging me and stuck with me the whole way!

finishing is still finishing, congrats... hope you feel better soon because there is always another run waiting,lol

bethram

TM 2.3 miles, 10:26 pace, walked to make it a total of 3500 minutes. The treadmill is not my friend but it looks to be a rainy week here so I may not have much choice.

dreamfinder

7 miles, starting to feel like myself, sort of. Loved Nick's post, so true. I have a question though I had an online calculator I used to use for calorie burn vs distance run etc and weight. At 141 and 10.3 km it would say I burned 592 cal but this new one is saying 713. One is obviously way off but which one?

Hard to say. Some places say 100 cal per mile, others say 120 cal per mile. (Estimated) Somewhere in that ballpark is probably a safe bet.

Per Twitter:

runDisney@runDisney
Unfortunately, because of a change in her shooting schedule,@Ali_Sweeney will be unable to participate in Disney World Marathon Weekend.

Ah BS. That isnt the commitment we have around here Mrs Sweeney. One may argue that she is committed to her other job and that is fine, but we dont do all that training, get the publicity for participating in the marathon, and then back out. Booooo.

I didn't notice most of the "celebs" they were promoting. I only saw Joey Fatone either day. What happened to all the others?

Lets see, got off the plane on the 4th, tried to do a 10 miler on the TM at the AKL gym, but serious calf pains 3 miles in. Switched to bike and weights for a bit. Then did nothing but trek around the parks til the 11th. May have not been the smartest, but really now, I get my one good vacation, why would I want to spend valuable park time doing something else? Especially when I'm going to spend 6+ hours running in a few days. Fri 11th, did the 5k with my DW, not a bad pace. Wasn't a huge fan of the "assigned corrals". Way to many people to have to zig zag around way to early. It was nice seeing some rarer character though. Daisy dressed for Norway, Goofy in his patriotic getup, Pluto with a beret, and then Donald with his lumberjack outfit. Sat was the half, 1:47 ish. Was aiming for a 1:45, trying to lay off a bit for the full, so with the heat, I'll take it. Sun the full, ended up being way off pace. Had been training for a 3:25, but ended up being 4 and change. But considering when I hit AK I was having problems going in a straight line, I'll take it. Congrats to all the finishers!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Welcome back semi cold weather. 42 degrees and raining.

5.25 miles this morning. Misted during the first 2 miles and rained for the next 2, then poured for the last mile.

JillC LI

Congrats to all who ran this weekend! Enjoying the posts so far. I'm hoping to see more reports on the Marathon thread as well as pics. Kristi, I'm so sorry you got sick on such a big day. Kudos to you for toughing it out, and what a sweet hubby for getting you through it. Let's see the bling everyone!

joel_maxwell

My time today was 4:04:25. I was on pace to finish in 3:55:00 which would have been a PR, but around mile 22, I got an incredible stitch that I couldn't work out no matter what I tried as well as sinus drainage that decided to pop up all of the sudden. This really put me behind, but there will be other races that will allow me to get under 4 hours. Hope everyone else ran well!
Still not bad. Considering the heat, crowds and the Goofy, you should be proud.
Hate that you got sick, and that is probably one of my fears that might happen to me one day, but you gutted it out. Way to Go!

joel_maxwell

Congrats to all who ran this weekend! Enjoying the posts so far. I'm hoping to see more reports on the Marathon thread as well as pics. Kristi, I'm so sorry you got sick on such a big day. Kudos to you for toughing it out, and what a sweet hubby for getting you through it. Let's see the bling everyone!
Yes, congrats everyone. I have enjoyed seeing FB pictures to those Im linked too. Waiting for more.

Mickey&Minnie

Sorry to hear you got sick but congrats on sticking it out and finishing and you have some major bling to show off. I don't know how any of you "Goofy" guys and gals did it. It was so hot Sunday and I know it had to be the same Saturday as well.
Sorry I missed the meet up with everyone. I was so nervous I just ended up wanting to be alone and take it all in gradually. It worked out well and by the start of corral G I was good to go.
Full race/trip report will be coming when we get home from vacation. I have tons of pics!!

dreamfinder

Today was just 20 mins on the bike. Enough to work on loosening every thing up. Hope to get some running in this weekend, nothing but cross training til then.

joel_maxwell

Today was just 20 mins on the bike. Enough to work on loosening every thing up. Hope to get some running in this weekend, nothing but cross training til then.
20 miles? What was your speed and overall time. What gear do you typically ride in? and last of 20 questions, LOL, do you ride outsid on an actual bike or on a trainer at the gym?

dreamfinder

20 miles? What was your speed and overall time. What gear do you typically ride in? and last of 20 questions, LOL, do you ride outsid on an actual bike or on a trainer at the gym?

Hah. Think you misread what I said. It was 20 minutes, not miles. 20 miles would have been prob about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours. Guesstimating, as I normally stop using the bike around 15 miles. Mostly on a stationary bike at the gym.

joel_maxwell

Hah. Think you misread what I said. It was 20 minutes, not miles. 20 miles would have been prob about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours. Guesstimating, as I normally stop using the bike around 15 miles. Mostly on a stationary bike at the gym.
Ahhh, I did misread that didnt I. I was about to give you props for having that much patients. I get bored at 10 miles/ 40 minutes. I must find a way to entertain myself. Maybe I need to take a book or something.

Yes, Id be right at 60 minutes for 15 miles. I have a 50 mile ride coming up in 2 months. Oy. Luckily, you can actually coast some on a real bike. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Back to reality. Up next:
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom