What did you do?

Texas84

30's is cold for you, for me that would be cooler temps. Today it was about 7 degrees and -7 with the wind chill and while I find it cold, ie my face gets frost on it, it is not as cold as it can get. Below 0 is when you really struggle breathing wise. The temps you like to run in are indeed optimal in terms of air as it is so much better but below a certain temp, really cold ie below zero, it can burn and be a real struggle to get your air. Any way not a bad day for me, 13.8 miles and a lot of ice to scrape off my beard,lol.
Yeah, that can be dangerous. I've been on the coast of Maine in January. That was some difficult breathing.

Happy Tuesday. A little hungover (just tired) from staying up too late watching the game, or should I say beat down.
And Texas A&M is claiming the National Championship. :rolleyes:

So when is everyone flying out for the big day(s)?
Drive down Friday morning! :cool:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
And Texas A&M is claiming the National Championship. :rolleyes:
LOL, they shouldnt have lost to UF and LSU in mid season.

I just loved to see Te'o play with the big boys and try to arm tackle Alabama's running backs like he did in the regular season. Riiiiight. He should have seen on game film, you can arm tackle these guys.

Mr mom

For those of you driving drive safe. UGh I am so jealous right now. I really wish I had more free time and of course cash, I think I would do everything then, or die trying at least.

joel_maxwell

For those of you driving drive safe. UGh I am so jealous right now. I really wish I had more free time and of course cash, I think I would do everything then, or die trying at least.
Its the cash for me right now. Two entry fees to do the Goofy (because lets be honest, if Im going to attend that weekend and pay to fly down, Im going to spend another $135 for the full) is killing me to get the funds. It isnt that much, but it isnt a convenient amount either.

Im going to get down there soon enough.

bethram

3.2 miles this morning at 9:31 pace, ran the big hill in my neighborhood twice which slows me down. One more run before the 15K on Sunday :)

Mr mom

Really sore last night from yesterday's run, but the weather was nice today, about 30 and the sidewalks were in better shape. So I put up another 13.1 miles and did my abdominals.

Mr mom

Its the cash for me right now. Two entry fees to do the Goofy (because lets be honest, if Im going to attend that weekend and pay to fly down, Im going to spend another $135 for the full) is killing me to get the funds. It isnt that much, but it isnt a convenient amount either.

I hear ya.. It is far more expensive a trip for me, our flights just by distance alone are more expensive but we also have higher taxes and fees etc. As an example for my may trip we got a great deal. A seat sale that saved us hundreds per person but for my wife and myself and the two kids it was still over $2800 return.

joel_maxwell

I hear ya.. It is far more expensive a trip for me, our flights just by distance alone are more expensive but we also have higher taxes and fees etc. As an example for my may trip we got a great deal. A seat sale that saved us hundreds per person but for my wife and myself and the two kids it was still over $2800 return.
WOW. Puts things in perspective. If I made the trip on the cheap for the Goofy, it would be around $800-$850 after flights, race entry fees, 2 nights in a Value resort and a little spending cash for food etc.

Funny how that would turn into a $300 venture if I lived within driving distance.

fmingo36

Joel, I think we should all plan on being there in 5 years for at least the full (maybe Goofy too?). If the 20th anniversary medal is as stunning as it is, I can just imagine what the 25th anniversary medal is going to look like.

Who's in?

Mr mom

Joel, I think we should all plan on being there in 5 years for at least the full (maybe Goofy too?). If the 20th anniversary medal is as stunning as it is, I can just imagine what the 25th anniversary medal is going to look like.

Who's in?

5 years is a long way away but it sounds good

joel_maxwell

Who's in?
Im down with that. I can manage saving for 5 years. With that much time, through in a 2 day park hopper and lets blow it out and get all kinds of crazy.

Im trying to figure out what to do very special for my 40th bday. This would come after that....

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We've already talked about doing the 25th...maybe the goofy that year.....who am I kidding...I'm talking about doing goofy next year.

Mr mom

Im down with that. I can manage saving for 5 years. With that much time, through in a 2 day park hopper and lets blow it out and get all kinds of crazy.

Im trying to figure out what to do very special for my 40th bday. This would come after that....

It would be just after my 50th, what better way to say I am getting old then running a marathon,lol

Mr mom

sidewalks were full of black ice this morning and running into a nice wind on top of that, almost fell about 5 times. Made for a slow hard run but I still slogged out another 13.2 miles. I think Nick would have loved it, definitely harder to run on ice. I think he would have loved the risk.

Mr mom

9.25 miles this morning in a 60 degree with 93% humidity. Woot. I sweat my butt off this morning at 5:30.

Crazy Alabama January weather.

I hear ya, yesterday below freezing, the day before that below zero and today it was 38, I don't get it and we had ice with above freezing temps, go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom