What did you do?

JillC LI

4 miles on TM this morning. Speedwork.

On an unrelated note, I was looking at the Hershey Park web site for their October Half Marathon (I'm NOT going to get closed out of the registration this year!). I was hoping they might also have a 5K option so my then 14-year old son could run a race there, but they don't. Then I noticed that they have a relay option on the Half Marathon. That might be a fun thing to do with him. 6.55 miles is longer than he's ever gone - I'm sure he could do it, but I'm not sure it he'd want to alone. So I'm wondering if I could somehow take off my chip at the hand-off point, and continue to run to the end with him if he wants. Would that be a terrible thing to do? I will have paid an entry fee for both of us so I wouldn't be a bandit. What do you think? I don't want to discuss it with my son if everyone thinks it would not be good to do.

Texas84

We've already talked about doing the 25th...maybe the goofy that year.....who am I kidding...I'm talking about doing goofy next year.
I'm thinking about it. The Double Dumbo this year will be a test for me.

9.25 miles this morning in a 60 degree with 93% humidity. Woot. I sweat my butt off this morning at 5:30.

Crazy Alabama January weather.
Ran an errand at lunch here in middle Georgia. 65 and overcast. Very pleasant. Hope we get some clouds at WDW Sunday. I can deal with today's weather.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Per Twitter:

runDisney@runDisney

Unfortunately, because of a change in her shooting schedule,@Ali_Sweeney will be unable to participate in Disney World Marathon Weekend.

Ah BS. That isnt the commitment we have around here Mrs Sweeney. One may argue that she is committed to her other job and that is fine, but we dont do all that training, get the publicity for participating in the marathon, and then back out. Booooo.

imagination30

like joel said crazy alabama jan weather... , ran with my nike tights on bc i thought it would be little cold, but about mile 2 i was thinking it was a big mistake , bc they were sticking to my legs.. i couldnt get speed.. and oh i got chased by a dog, but the sweet old man yelled at it .. it was quite funny.. , but i wond up doing 5.22 , with a pace of 8:27, but today was the first day i ran in short sleeves in a while!..

Kristia

Yep! 1/2 is done for me too! It was just too crowded this time. I finished in 2:54 which is about 30 minutes worse than my best 1/2 time. We stood in one line for Pirates Barbosa and Capt. Jack which took about 7 min. Course was so narrow in parts you could only walk. We walked through the castle because it was so crowded. All character lines jammed! I met @Ariel484 though so that was great! She happened to see me while she was waiting in Alice's line!

GoofyRacer11

I ran the half today as well! My unofficial time was 1:38:30, but they said that the chip should be a couple minutes slower so I should have finished around 1:36:00! I'll be running the full tomorrow as well. I'm shooting for at least 3:50:00 if not 3:45:00. I'll be starting with the 4 hour pace group to begin with so I can get in my rhythm and then pull away! See you guys in the morning!

Kristia

I ran the half today as well! My unofficial time was 1:38:30, but they said that the chip should be a couple minutes slower so I should have finished around 1:36:00! I'll be running the full tomorrow as well. I'm shooting for at least 3:50:00 if not 3:45:00. I'll be starting with the 4 hour pace group to begin with so I can get in my rhythm and then pull away! See you guys in the morning!
Good job!

joel_maxwell

1/2 done. 10 mins slower than last year...super crowded this year. Disn't spread out until after mile 3.

01:50:43

Full tomorrow...
Congrats everyone. Sorry to hear the crowds sucked.

Dang. You smoked it! Nice job.

joel_maxwell

18.25 for me this morning at 5:30am
67 degrees
94% humidity. Seriously?!

wore a new compression short sleeve Adidas shirt and it was freakishly cool. I sweat, but never got "hot" and felt nice for being so humid and hot.

JillC LI

Glad some of you were able to post already. Sorry about the crowds - that drives me nuts. But for those of you doing the Goofy Challenge, it may have been a blessing in disguise forcing you to go slow and preserve your strength for tomorrow (everyone except Nick, that is:) ). Good luck to everyone running the Full!

As for me, 7 miles this morning at 9:38 pace which is quite fast for me for that distance. Felt really strong. This was the second time I've taken this particular route that I've passed this same cute little old man outside the post office who cracked a joke as I passed - this time about how I could slow down now since the cops were off my tail! Made me giggle.

Mr mom

awesome pace

bethram

Congratulations to all who ran at Disney this weekend especially all those who ran the Goofy Challenge.

I ran the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning in 1:32:37, 9.52 total, walked 0.12 mi at 8.5 mile mark. 9:26 pace, 1233 calories burned, about 63 degrees - too hot for hot chocolate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom