What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh, I'm crushed :(...just kidding!
I completely understand the need to focus on what needs to be done and focus on what your body is telling you especially with the mileage you do.
But I did enjoy our run together and hope we can again some day.

Haha! Not you! Thats was fun! But my neighbor kinda likes to...copy everything wear, eat, read that's running related...it's like single-white-female :lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.33 mi yesterday.

Two 30 mi back to back, two days before that.

26...something, I can't recall now before that.

I'll add up my numbers later today and post.

Cheers folks!

GoofyRacer11

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but
my spring semester has kept me busy so far. I lifted weights
twice yesterday. Once in the morning and once in the evening
and today I am running 10 miles outside (Finally). I have been lowering
my miles a little bit to give my body a little more rest before training
for my 2nd Goofy Challenge in 2013. Glad to hear everyone is doing well with their training!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Haha! Not you! Thats was fun! But my neighbor kinda likes to...copy everything wear, eat, read that's running related...it's like single-white-female :lookaroun
Nicks got a stalker! .... :mad: I want a stalker.

:lol:

Going to try the knee out tomorrow and run about 3 miles. Ill shut it down if it starts to hurt bad. I have a IT Band brace coming in, so Ill wait for that to get delivered before trying to run again. This resting stuff is for the birds!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm in a rest week this week for P90X2, which works with the princess 1/2 marathon this weekend.

Although I do have fight training tomorrow morning at work, which is always a good workout.

dreamfinder

Did 8.5 mi Sat, negative splits the whole way, last mile was sub BQ pace. Sun was 10 mi at marathon pace. Both felt pretty damn solid. Really should try to take advantage of this freak weather and run outside, but I just can't convince myself to do it.

joel_maxwell

Ran about 200 yards tonight. Knee felt great, but towards the end, I felt it getting hot. It hasnt hurt since. Im going to give it till Wednesday morning. That would be 10 days without running, 7 full days on the anti-inflammatory.

Another day of waiting to run again. :mad:

dreamfinder

As Nike says..." JUST DO IT!" :p

I know. I know. My biggest issue is keeping my pace. I'm much more likely to slow down the pace outside. Unless I'm at a race, even if there is no pace group, then I tend to do much better at being on or better than pace. Almost need my DW to drive along behind me honking the horn and yelling at me drill sargent style.

Ran about 200 yards tonight. Knee felt great, but towards the end, I felt it getting hot. It hasnt hurt since. Im going to give it till Wednesday morning. That would be 10 days without running, 7 full days on the anti-inflammatory.

Another day of waiting to run again. :mad:

Better to be safe than sorry. A few days of lost training is nothing compared to the amount of down time if you needed to get a full on repair job done.

joel_maxwell

Better to be safe than sorry. A few days of lost training is nothing compared to the amount of down time if you needed to get a full on repair job done.
I know. Today is the first day it doesnt hurt when I walk. It is degraded to a super mild cramp feeling. Like muscle fatigue now instead of pain. I might wait till Thursday morning instead of tomorrow.

Now my OCD of "If I had waited one more day..." kicks in.

I have my next full April 28th. That is over 2 months away to get back ready after 1-2 weeks off. I think Ill be fine.

JillC LI

I hate running with others really, if it's a training run. I like to be alone, but I don't want to make it weird with the neighbor :lookaroun

I dont like running with others either. Id make an exception if someone was visiting Bham or something and needed me to show them a good route etc. I wouldnt mind that, but I want them to be by myself, alone, with my thoughts.

Same here. I think I've hurt some feelings when I tell people I prefer to run alone. But I do like running the Disney races with someone who is at about my pace. My cousin is a bit faster than me so she pushes me.

Wow, I thought I was weird for not wanting company when I run given how many people are part of a running group, but I guess not.

Went to the gym and took my 1/2 hour core class this morning. What a great class!
Then I came home and grabbed my running gear and went for a run. It was the first time I've run outside in a while and IT FELT FANTASTIC!!! Ran 4.5 miles like nothing. What a difference than running on the treadmill.

Doesn't it?! Time goes so much faster outdoors, especially in lovely weather.

Did 8.5 mi Sat, negative splits the whole way, last mile was sub BQ pace. Sun was 10 mi at marathon pace. Both felt pretty damn solid. Really should try to take advantage of this freak weather and run outside, but I just can't convince myself to do it.

Great pace! I don't know how you do distances of 8 or more miles regularly on a treadmill though! :p

I know. Today is the first day it doesnt hurt when I walk. It is degraded to a super mild cramp feeling. Like muscle fatigue now instead of pain. I might wait till Thursday morning instead of tomorrow.

I have my next full April 28th. That is over 2 months away to get back ready after 1-2 weeks off. I think Ill be fine.

Glad you're getting better. That band should help when you run.

As for me, 7 miles on Saturday in beautiful 40+ degree weather. 5 miles yesterday in a wicked wind that really slowed me down when I was heading straight into it. Then I took my kids ice skating for 2 hours which really made my ankles sore since I'm not very good at it, but it was still fun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Give it the extra day I say. :) you'll be fine for the next race.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Personal best for me today over 5 miles, 38mins 11secs, 7:38 /mi pace.

Congrats Steve!

I have the princess 1/2 on Sunday, and we leave for WDW tomorrow morning!

I managed to sprain my ankle pretty good at work last night, so it's tender today. Just going to try and go as easy as I can on it before Sunday.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Congrats Steve!

I have the princess 1/2 on Sunday, and we leave for WDW tomorrow morning!

I managed to sprain my ankle pretty good at work last night, so it's tender today. Just going to try and go as easy as I can on it before Sunday.

Thanks!

Good luck on Sunday, and have a great trip!

Typical about doing your ankle right before the race. That kind of thing always happens. Injuries are not good at the best of times, but they seem to have a habit of happening before an important time. Hope it fixes up quickly.

JillC LI

Personal best for me today over 5 miles, 38mins 11secs, 7:38 /mi pace.

Congratulations Steve! Or should I say, Speedy Gonzalez!

As for me, speedwork on the TM this morning - reps of 1/4 mile at 8:27 min pace by 1.5 minutes at 10 min pace. 4 miles total.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom