What did you do?

MKCP 1985

I drove up to Jackson for packet pickup this afternoon. Race limited to 2,500 and that includes the half-marathon, the relay and the full marathon, of which I am entered. I just might finish dead last! :lol:

Had a big bowl of pasta so am ready for tomorrow morning.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
WDW 1/2 Marathon: 01:42:51 Corral A.

Everyone staring at me and commenting...the freak machine with TONS of water and gear :D

Full marathon tomorrow morning.

Aloha folks!

GoofyRacer11

Hope everyone who ran the Half-Marathon
had a good race like I did! I will be doing the
Marathon tomorrow as well.

My Corral: B

My finish Time: 1:39:25

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Everyone staring at me and commenting...the freak machine with TONS of water and gear :D

Full marathon tomorrow morning.

Aloha folks!
Nice Job Nick... we would have been right on pace with each other per my usual 1/2 pace/time

Hope everyone who ran the Half-Marathon
had a good race like I did! I will be doing the
Marathon tomorrow as well.

My Corral: B

My finish Time: 1:39:25
Nice Job yourself!

joel_maxwell

18.39 miles this am. I tried to start out slow and get faster over this run. It worked out great and when I started to get faster every 4 miles or so just a little bit, it wasnt even hard on my body. Im very excited about that.

9:30's for the first 6
9:15's for the next 6
9:00 for the last 6

996 vertical feet climbed
2290 feet ascended today

Cant wait to see reports from Disney races today and tomorrow.

Texas84

What did I do today? I ran a marathon at Disney World! :D

My calves blew up at mile 23 and I had to walk it in. Didn't get the time I wanted but at least I finished and got the bling. The mile walk in the parking lot afterwards about killed me.

joel_maxwell

My calves blew up at mile 23 and I had to walk it in. Didn't get the time I wanted but at least I finished and got the bling. The mile walk in the parking lot afterwards about killed me.
First of all....CONGRATS!

Secondly, I know that feeling. The full I did had an exit around all the vendors etc that seemed a mile long. Especially with cramping quads and calves.

Texas84

BTW, thanks to everyone here for your support. Helped me a bunch getting motivated for this. You all are the best! :wave:

Oh, and thanks to the British park guest who made me laugh in AK. He looked at us all and I heard him say in that awesome accent, "Crazy bas****s." :lol:

anc33

BTW, thanks to everyone here for your support. Helped me a bunch getting motivated for this. You all are the best! :wave:

Oh, and thanks to the British park guest who made me laugh in AK. He looked at us all and I heard him say in that awesome accent, "Crazy bas****s." :lol:

Judging by this and your photo thread we must have been very close to each other st least part of the way.

This was my first marathon. Did it with DH. His longest training run was a whole 3 miles so the strategy was to start slow and stay slow. Worked great until mile 23/24 when the heat finally got to me. Leg cramps galore so we just power walked to mile 26. I am pleasantly surprised that we came out relatively unscathed. It was actually fun and I would definitely run another.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Goofy Challenge, corral A:

1/2 Marathon-01:42:51

Full Marathon-03:38:57

Ran strong and had a blast! Ate Mickey waffles as soon as I got back to Poly with everyone staring at me in all of my ultra gear and all three medals (I carried my Donald one with me in my vest so I could get pics with all of three).

Relaxing on vacation at Poly for the week and running every morning, then back to ultra training for my 100 miler in March.

Thanks for the FB posts Coryna, Joel, Brad, Dave and Steve!

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

LOVE THAT.

Similar experience, in Nashville, there was a homeless man that didnt seem to be all there mentally and he was yelling at us saying that we were stupid etc. It wasnt funny because you felt bad for him, but I was called a "Stupid Bas****s"

Ran strong and had a blast! Ate Mickey waffles as soon as I got back to Poly with everyone staring at me in all of my ultra gear and all three medals (I carried my Donald one with me in my vest so I could get pics with all of three).

Relaxing on vacation at Poly for the week and running every morning, then back to ultra training for my 100 miler in March.

Aloha folks!
Very nice accomplishment. I wish I could have run this too. Hopefully next year. Id tear up some waffles too.... and my once a year Coca Cola I allow myself. :lol:

scorp111

As usual some great runs, and some great races for a bunch of you as well!

Myself have been off the wagon a bit between the holidays and a busy period at work that lasts through the end of the month.

Did get back out there today for an easy 3 @ 9:19. Just need to make time for the next few weeks.

JillC LI

LOL

But you DID it! Congratulations! And great pics in your separate post!

Aloha folks!

What a smart idea to carry your third medal with you. Any chance you could post a picture on here for those of us who don't use FB? Congrats on a great weekend of racing! Enjoy your "relaxation." :)

And congratulations to everyone else who ran in any of the Disney races this weekend, for the first time or for a multiple time. I hope it was all that you wanted it to be. And Joel, bad- 18 mile run this weekend!

As for me, tried getting back to running this weekend and did 7 miles outdoors, but my lungs really struggled since I'm not fully recovered. I did a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill yesterday and coughed all the way through it. I'm sick of being sick!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We set a PR for the 1/2 at 2:50:10. Our only goal was to get our time back under 3 hours, and we accomplished that nicely.

Also 20 minutes faster than the Wine & Dine 1/2 just 2 months ago. I'll be posting pics to Facebook sometime today :)

joel_maxwell

We set a PR for the 1/2 at 2:50:10. Our only goal was to get our time back under 3 hours, and we accomplished that nicely.

Also 20 minutes faster than the Wine & Dine 1/2 just 2 months ago. I'll be posting pics to Facebook sometime today :)
Great Work! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom