What did you do?

Texas84

Watched my Texas Longhorns wear down Cal last night. Didn't end until midnight and I couldn't sleep so I slept in this AM. I'll do 3 miles Friday, 7-8 Sunday, then I might take the week off before Marathon. Getting nervous. :lookaroun

fmingo36

Thanks everyone - doctors' visits today and yesterday are unanimous that I may try whatever I feel I can endure, so the first weekend in January is a "go" for the Mississippi Blues Marathon - and check out these marathon car magnets!

404520_271349642919702_174109512643716_735824_1910732176_n.jpg

Great to hear!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Gee, that was colder than it was in New Jersey! I didn't think it got that cold in Bama.
Oh yes. We will have about 2-3 months of lows ranging from the low teens to the upper 20's at times. Then, it will jump to 60 in mid February for a day then back to cold. It rocks our sinuses. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21+ miles every morning this week.
Avg 8:30-8:45 pace.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, or whatever you happen to celebrate :D

Cooking dinner now for the in-laws.

Cheers folks!

GoofyRacer11

This morning I ran 10 miles, which is my last
long run until the Goofy Challenge. It was also
my first long run with my new pair of shoes. I
had 850 miles on my last pair and wasn't feeling
any problems, but I thought I should be careful
just in case. My body is still feeling great and am
confident in my fitness going into the races. Hope
everyone had a wonderful holiday season and
I'll see my fellow disney racers next weekend!

joel_maxwell

This morning I ran 10 miles, which is my last
long run until the Goofy Challenge. It was also
my first long run with my new pair of shoes. I
had 850 miles on my last pair and wasn't feeling
any problems, but I thought I should be careful
just in case. My body is still feeling great and am
confident in my fitness going into the races. Hope
everyone had a wonderful holiday season and
I'll see my fellow disney racers next weekend!
Nice job.

I dont see how you put that many miles on a pair of shoes before replacing them. I seem to convince myself at 500 miles, my feet are hurting from the structure of the shoe breaking down etc. :lookaroun My wife would LOVE for me to get 800 per shoe.

joel_maxwell

12 miles this morning on a fall back week. 9:30 pace. Im not trying to sound arrogant with this comment and I appreciate and know everyone has there own pace, but it is very challenging for me to run 45-90 seconds slower than I want to run in my Full marathon pace. It is so hard for me to run at a 9:45+ pace. I just cant be done with my body (unless Im climbing a HUGE hill etc)

929 vertical feet climbed this morning
1642 ascended

good climbing day

GoofyRacer11

Nice job.

I dont see how you put that many miles on a pair of shoes before replacing them. I seem to convince myself at 500 miles, my feet are hurting from the structure of the shoe breaking down etc. :lookaroun My wife would LOVE for me to get 800 per shoe.

Thanks!

You should have seen how long I wore my
pair before my last. I logged +1,000 miles on
them before replacing them and I still wasn't
feeling any problems!

MKCP 1985

To get ready for the Mississippi Blues Marathon on January 7, I drank a lot of beer and whiskey and drove back and forth to Nashville to watch a football game. Today I am going to do the same, but in New Orleans at a Saints game!

Here is the *awesome* finisher medal for the marathon race - this will be mine!

393386_2668156736496_1033398114_2710103_485015861_n.jpg

MKCP 1985

See, I am going to talk some of you into coming over to run Mississippi in 2013! I will be back to Run Disney again one day, but in the meantime there are several other awesome races with great finisher medals out there. :)

Texas84

Sweet medal!

I start looking for a new shoe at 300. I have a slight over-pronation so there is no way I can go 500.

7 miles this AM. Just didn't feel right but pace was fast for me. Strange.

One more week to Marathon! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

See, I am going to talk some of you into coming over to run Mississippi in 2013! I will be back to Run Disney again one day, but in the meantime there are several other awesome races with great finisher medals out there. :)
Awesome bling!

Are you still signed up for Mercedes? I hope so. We need to get lunch afterwards.

EDIT: Ok, I might be doing that MBM next year. 3 hour drive away.... very doable.

joel_maxwell

Sweet medal!

I start looking for a new shoe at 300. I have a slight over-pronation so there is no way I can go 500.

7 miles this AM. Just didn't feel right but pace was fast for me. Strange.

One more week to Marathon! :sohappy:
Ok, good. I dont feel so bad. Ill make 500 on these... but the sad thing is the tread on them is always in good shape. I guess it is the way my foot lands and takes off the pavement. Im nice to my shoes from that perspective. :shrug:

MKCP 1985

Awesome bling!

Are you still signed up for Mercedes? I hope so. We need to get lunch afterwards.

EDIT: Ok, I might be doing that MBM next year. 3 hour drive away.... very doable.

yes, I am doing the half marathon at Mercedes Benz. Looking for a p.r. in that one, hopefully.

The latest from the Mississippi Blues is they are giving away a harmonica and CD of blues songs in the swag bag. I hope Disney is stepping up its game for 2012 as well!

joel_maxwell

yes, I am doing the half marathon at Mercedes Benz. Looking for a p.r. in that one, hopefully.

The latest from the Mississippi Blues is they are giving away a harmonica and CD of blues songs in the swag bag. I hope Disney is stepping up its game for 2012 as well!
Just saw the pics on FB. Man, I wish it was a month out and Id do it. 1 week is too close. Next year!

Yes, RunDisney better step up the game.

Good, it is a good course for PR's. If you get over early and want me to drive the course for you, just holla

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom