What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Let us know how that new p90x goes.
I want to know too. The original was fun, Id like to see what this is like.

:ROFLOL:
Damn right I'll be breaking out the AB's!
It would be GREAT if you could make it to the ultra in March; Coryna and Dave will be there, it'll be a mini WDW party while watching me puke!
I have a phobia of vomit. Dang!

I would like to come, but telling and convincing my wife to let me drop that kind of cash on a trip up there wouldnt fly. :lol:

I don't want to get ripped. Just want to slim down. Is there a p45x?
:lol:

joel_maxwell

7 miles this am. I tried a little tempo work but having a 7 month old is really killing my legs (not getting rest). Tried to get faster per mile but was done. Still though, Im proud that I still get out and maintain a full schedule... but Ill hand over the speedster badge to Goofyracer and Steve for a year or so.

9:54
8:32
8:25
8:28
8:30
8:14
9:01

JillC LI

Damn right I'll be breaking out the AB's!
It would be GREAT if you could make it to the ultra in March; Coryna and Dave will be there, it'll be a mini WDW party while watching me puke!

When and where exactly? I'd love to join the party if I could. And maybe we could all go for a run afterwards - Nick will lead the way after his ultra! :animwink:

I don't want to get ripped. Just want to slim down. Is there a p45x?

As usual, great work by all of you!

I am still here, just took some time off after the full. 5K @ 8:54 tonight.
It was my first run since the full 10 days ago. I didn't plan to take this long off, but some travel and an 18 hour day at work on Saturday made it so. Felt good though. Wasn't sure of what I was going to pace-wise, but after I started, felt like pushing a little for me :) Some more random runs this week, and then next Monday starts my 12-week plan to get under 2 hours in the half-marathon.:lookaroun

You earned a break. I actually had running a marathon on my bucket list and had no pre-set plan of conintuing to run afterwards. It wasn't until it was over and I found myself yearning to run again that I realized that I was into "this running thing" for good.

7 miles this am. I tried a little tempo work but having a 7 month old is really killing my legs (not getting rest). Tried to get faster per mile but was done. Still though, Im proud that I still get out and maintain a full schedule... but Ill hand over the speedster badge to Goofyracer and Steve for a year or so.

As well you should be. All of you guys impress me.

As for me, 30 minutes on the stationary bike today. You know, I started riding this bike about 3 months ago as part of the cross-training requirement for my 5K training plan. When I first started, I could finish 11.5 miles in a half hour doing this specific pre-set program, but now I can finish 13 miles. It's cool to see myself getting stronger on the bike the way I did running. Even though I'm not following any specific training plan right now, just maintaining consistent mileage and doing speedwork 1x/week, I'm keeping up with the bike occasionally because I'm finding it a fun alternate means of exercise.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
When and where exactly? I'd love to join the party if I could. And maybe we could all go for a run afterwards - Nick will lead the way after his ultra! :animwink:

March 24, 2012, Augusta, NJ. You can go to the NJ Trail Series site for the info.

A run afterwards? I plan on doing 100 push-ups after I cross the finish line, drinking a beer, and then going to bed! Maybe I'll do just a mile after, just to say I did 101 miles :D

20.35 miles this morning. Breaking in a new pair of Hokas since I destroyed my last pair :sohappy: I'm sure I'll need a third pair before the ultra.

End of the semester critique tonight, and a few students to unfortunately, fail.

Cheers folks!

scorp111

A little interval work for me today, 3 @ 9:06 overall.

1 mile warm up, five x 400 (1:57, 1:52, 1:56, 1:53, 1:53) with 60 second recovery in between, .75 mile cool down.

Almost 70 here today, so this made me sweat :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.51 miles this morning with 14mph south winds, so my return (10.25mi) was a struggle.

9:30 pace the entire way.

Another 20+mi and a 26-30 miler to end the week, but not sure if Friday or Saturday will be the longer of the two. I'll see how my legs are feeling.

Sierra Nevada Celebration ale now while in the studio...

Cheers folks!

scorp111

3 miles at 9:34 tonight.

Hard to call this a recovery run after only having 6 miles for the week, but it was. 3rd day of running after 10 days off, and after the speedwork last night, my legs told me they were tired before we started, so I just plugged a long, didn't even look at the Garmin until I was a mile in. Last warm weather run for awhile according to the long range forecast too. Rain, Mist, and around 60 for this run.

joel_maxwell

20.51 miles this morning with 14mph south winds, so my return (10.25mi) was a struggle.

9:30 pace the entire way.

Another 20+mi and a 26-30 miler to end the week, but not sure if Friday or Saturday will be the longer of the two. I'll see how my legs are feeling.

Sierra Nevada Celebration ale now while in the studio...

Cheers folks!
I recall back in and/or around 1997 Sierra Nevada was brought to Auburn, Alabama. They had a huge party for it. Good stuff.

March 24, 2012, Augusta, NJ. You can go to the NJ Trail Series site for the info.

A run afterwards? I plan on doing 100 push-ups after I cross the finish line, drinking a beer, and then going to bed! Maybe I'll do just a mile after, just to say I did 101 miles :D

20.35 miles this morning. Breaking in a new pair of Hokas since I destroyed my last pair :sohappy: I'm sure I'll need a third pair before the ultra.

End of the semester critique tonight, and a few students to unfortunately, fail.

Cheers folks!
Give them hell Nick. I was a student in a collegiate art department and graduated because I busted my a$$. Make them earn it.

JillC LI

Planning to do 7 after work today. Temp is nice in the 40s but it's super windy today. I considered doing an out and back route, but I don't think I want the wind in my face for half the run so I may pick a more roundabout route.

joel_maxwell

Planning to do 7 after work today. Temp is nice in the 40s but it's super windy today. I considered doing an out and back route, but I don't think I want the wind in my face for half the run so I may pick a more roundabout route.
Have a nice run... and as Pooh Bear would say, It is blustery. :D

GoofyRacer11

Since I'm doing a 3 week taper, I did my last
long run early this morning. I ran 18 miles at
an 8:45 minute mile pace and I felt great overall.
I also tested how well clif shot blocks would work
for me during the marathon. They tasted good and
got the job done so thats what I'll be using during
the marathon. My plan for this week is to do 6 miles
on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I will run 13
miles on Friday morning so that I am free to do most
of the cooking for my family's Christmas eve party.
Hope everyone is continuing to have successful training
runs!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Since I'm doing a 3 week taper, I did my last
long run early this morning. I ran 18 miles at
an 8:45 minute mile pace and I felt great overall.
I also tested how well clif shot blocks would work
for me during the marathon. They tasted good and
got the job done so thats what I'll be using during
the marathon. My plan for this week is to do 6 miles
on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I will run 13
miles on Friday morning so that I am free to do most
of the cooking for my family's Christmas eve party.
Hope everyone is continuing to have successful training
runs!

Nice job keep up the great work!

I used Clif shot blocks for a while, but I switched to the gels (Turbo double expresso and strawberry) because I needed to get it down faster; the chewing always annoyed me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30.03 miles @ 8:40-9:10 pace this morning. The best run I have had in months. Legs felt great, focus was spot on, and was able to flip the pain switch off no problem.

Fully loaded, as usual, with 25+ lbs of gear and water. 300 cals of farina pre-run and only 3 gels for the entire run.

Post-run, I scarfed down a banana, 1/3 cup of hummus, large baked potato, and a glass of juice.

Enjoying a Double B_____d Ale now...yes, they make a double: double the hops and double the alc/vol :D

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Nice job keep up the great work!

I used Clif shot blocks for a while, but I switched to the gels (Turbo double expresso and strawberry) because I needed to get it down faster; the chewing always annoyed me.
You got me on the Honey Stingers and that is all Ill use. Super long runs Ill use a HS and the HS brand chewies.

joel_maxwell

15.05 miles this morning. I kept a good slow pace (per the 1:30 slower than your race pace) finishing in at 2:19:00.

Climbed over 1,198 vertical feet. My ITBS is going CRAZY.
Ascended 2,226 feet. Descended 2241. (see above... this is the reason)

I got to get on my foam roller and work out this IT band issue. It is a bit painful and was really fired up at mile 14-15.

scorp111

Great runs today Goofy, Joel, and Nick, impressive stuff!

Just a short 3 mile progressive run for me today.

9:10
8:52
8:26

Didn't want to do it, put it off all day, decided to do it before dark, glad I did.
A nice short progressive run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom