What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.25 miles (or was it 20.15? I can't remember) this morning.
20.11 miles yesterday morning.
19.11 miles on Monday.

I finished my 20+ this morning in just under 3 hrs which was pretty fast for me. Attempting to build speed with my long distances in hopes of subbing 24 hrs for the 100 miler (Silver buckle! No bronze like last March!).

Mentally, I'm still not focused. I even tried the iPod for the last 10 miles of my runs for the past week, and that didn't help. Work-related stress.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Thanks for the comments on FB Coryna and Joel!

Cheers folks.

fractal

Another 4.5 miles today after work. Wonderful afternoon on my wooded trail by the river. Sunny and 55degrees. The run though was not very smooth. I had to stop twice to stretch the 'ol legs. Just one of those days. :shrug:

JillC LI

I finished my 20+ this morning in just under 3 hrs which was pretty fast for me. Attempting to build speed with my long distances in hopes of subbing 24 hrs for the 100 miler (Silver buckle! No bronze like last March!).

Mentally, I'm still not focused. I even tried the iPod for the last 10 miles of my runs for the past week, and that didn't help. Work-related stress.QUOTE]

Wow on the pace. Hope you can refocus. Usually running helps me alleviate work-related stress.

As for me, 5 miles on treadmill this morning. The 3 middle miles were at 9:18 pace and it really took it out of me. But considering I did 2 miles on top of that, I know I'm stronger than I feel at the moment.
12.6 miles on the stationary bike last night too.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20.25 miles (or was it 20.15? I can't remember) this morning.
20.11 miles yesterday morning.
19.11 miles on Monday.

Mentally, I'm still not focused. I even tried the iPod for the last 10 miles of my runs for the past week, and that didn't help. Work-related stress.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Thanks for the comments on FB Coryna and Joel!

Cheers folks.
Yes, great pace on the 20.

GoofyRacer11

I had to run my long run this morning because I
have a 5k in Columbus tomorrow. I ran 16 miles outside
at a 8 minute mile pace. My legs are still feeling good
and are ready to take on the Goofy Challenge in January.
My long run next weekend is going to be 18 and the weekend
after will be 16 miles because I am running the Cleveland Fall
Classic Half-Marathon that Sunday. Since I am very busy with
school, my next 20 miler won't be until the first weekend of
December. Hope everyone is doing well!

Ariel484

I had to run my long run this morning because I
have a 5k in Columbus tomorrow. I ran 16 miles outside
at a 8 minute mile pace. My legs are still feeling good
and are ready to take on the Goofy Challenge in January.
My long run next weekend is going to be 18 and the weekend
after will be 16 miles because I am running the Cleveland Fall
Classic Half-Marathon that Sunday. Since I am very busy with
school, my next 20 miler won't be until the first weekend of
December. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm thinking about doing the Fall Classic too! Have you run it before? :wave:

GoofyRacer11

Thats cool! Yes I have. I ran it the past two years.
It goes through the metroparks and the course is an
out and back one. As I recall you start on a street that
leads that is in the middle of the course and you go out
3 than you come back 6 than back 3 more to the finish. I
know that sounds confusing, but trust me its not. It is a fun
race, but if you want to get a good parking space, you might
want to get there by 7:30am. The past couple years we have left
our house around 7 and we live 10 minutes away. Maybe I'll see you
there.

Ariel484

Thats cool! Yes I have. I ran it the past two years.
It goes through the metroparks and the course is an
out and back one. As I recall you start on a street that
leads that is in the middle of the course and you go out
3 than you come back 6 than back 3 more to the finish. I
know that sounds confusing, but trust me its not. It is a fun
race, but if you want to get a good parking space, you might
want to get there by 7:30am. The past couple years we have left
our house around 7 and we live 10 minutes away. Maybe I'll see you
there.

Ooh...thanks for the parking tip. I had no idea! I was hoping to do a mile or two before/after the race (16-mile long run scheduled that day) so that'll work out well. I think I get what you're saying about the course...can't find a map though. :shrug:

If I don't see you there, good luck!! And thanks SO much for the race info. :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yesterday was P90X Legs and Back. Kenpo is getting skipped today, as I work 16 hours....I think that'll be enough of a calorie burn.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I scrapped my 30 miler this morning in favor of 21.12 miles. A nice palindrome to end the week. It was a wonderful mental and physical run, with perfect crisp weather, and I didn't want to ruin it (since the past 2 weeks of running has sucked big time), so I turned around before I hit my 15 mile marker.

In the studio now and kicking back a few pumpkin ales.

Watching the NYC marathon tomorrow morning and making my rum French toast. Even though the city is just a quick drive, I never had the desire to run it. Needs to be longer :D and WAY too many people for my liking. My wife and I will just sit back and watch, downing rum-soaked carbs.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers folks!

fmingo36

2.5 miles and an hour of yoga this morning. Even with the time change I still couldn't get my out of bed to get in a longer run before class.

GOOD LUCK to all the runners running the NYC marathon today. All 47,000 of you!

MKCP 1985

Wow, that extra hour this morning allowed a 10 mile / 2 hour run and should still have time to make it to church. Cool, crisp weather with low humidity but a pretty stiff wind made for cool running.

I hit the 10 mile mark at 1 hour and 43 minutes and change, then cooled down / walked the final 16+ minutes for 2 hours of body in motion, a little over 11 miles total. The new Sauconys did great! Definitely could have hit a P.R. if today had been a half marathon day. :D

scorp111

Wow, went back and read all of the posts since I left, you ALL have been doing some great runs!!

My vacation was fantastic, DCL is great. I did my 8 the day the ship came in, it was a solid 8. I then actually developed quite a nasty head cold that eventually reached my chest, which severely limited my running. I only managed 7+ miles that week and that included the 5K on Castaway Cay. That run was great, except for my chest cold, and the fact that after 6 days at sea, my legs were all over the place! Plus it was almost 90 and very humid. Still worth doing, that is for sure. I will go for a new PR when we return to the island in 2 years on our next Disney Cruise. :)

A GPS imposed capture of the run.

CC5K-L.jpg

Since my return, I battled the head/chest thing all week and didn't run until yesterday. Managed 8 yesterday and 12 today, albeit a bit on the slow side for me, but at least I am running again. 27 days until my first full in Memphis!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Rest day for me....going into a rest week for p90x....which consists of Yoga and Core Synergistics.

I really like Core Synergistics, but I can't stand the yoga....and it's scheduled twice this week. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom