What did you do?

JillC LI

When I get home from work today, my training schedule calls for me to do 6 miles: 1 mile warmup, 2 miles at 9:13; 1 mile easy; 2 miles at 9:13, 1 mile cooldown. Rather than doing it outdoors like last week, I've decided to to it on the treadmill today, in part to get the feel of keeping the proper pace and in part to avoid the pouring rain! I should have just enough time to get in an hour workout before chauffeuring my kids around to their activities for the rest of the evening!

I've accepted again that I will not beat my son in this race but that's OK as long as I PR. He ran a 2 mile race at school the other day at 8:25 pace on a course so hilly it would take a good minute off my pace so I know he'll cream me over 3.1 miles, even if I do manage to hold something like an 8:45 pace which would be unbelievable for me. I haven't told my son this though - I like keeping it a bit of a mystery for him. LOL.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
When I get home from work today, my training schedule calls for me to do 6 miles: 1 mile warmup, 2 miles at 9:13; 1 mile easy; 2 miles at 9:13, 1 mile cooldown. Rather than doing it outdoors like last week, I've decided to to it on the treadmill today, in part to get the feel of keeping the proper pace and in part to avoid the pouring rain! I should have just enough time to get in an hour workout before chauffeuring my kids around to their activities for the rest of the evening!

I've accepted again that I will not beat my son in this race but that's OK as long as I PR. He ran a 2 mile race at school the other day at 8:25 pace on a course so hilly it would take a good minute off my pace so I know he'll cream me over 3.1 miles, even if I do manage to hold something like an 8:45 pace which would be unbelievable for me. I haven't told my son this though - I like keeping it a bit of a mystery for him. LOL.
:lol:

joel_maxwell

5 Tempo Run this am. A little Achilles tendinitis in the left foot. DANG! Ill be doing the "IF" method of treatment Ice and Foam Roller

9:36

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.41 miles this morning at a 9 min pace. Lots of rain :D
20.37 miles yesterday at an 8:30 pace.
20.25 miles Tuesday.
20.11 miles on Monday.

Mentally, my mind has been elsewhere (long story) and not focused on the run. So, although the numbers are consistantly good, I have been miserable.
Let's hope tomorrow's outing is better...we'll see...
Cheers folks.

fractal

Hey, you should enter the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!! My siter, cousin and myself will be doing it! :)

I've been thinking of a half marathon in my future - but the most I've run in one time is about 8 miles and right now I'm at about a 5-6 mile limit. But I do have 12 months to get ready...

Mr mom

Have not jumped in for a bit, took me a little while to go through all the recent posts. Awesome to see how well everyone is doing. I have been continuing with my normal routine for running and the weight training is advancing at a nice slow pace. Still averaging over 9 miles a day but stepped it up the past monday to 13.2. Still have whatever this darn virus is clogging the lungs, gotta go away soon.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90x Legs and Back....had to work out at 7 am, so both kids were up and bugging me for the TV, but I got it in before my haircut, which I scheduled during my regular workout time....which coincides with nap time.

JillC LI

I've been thinking of a half marathon in my future - but the most I've run in one time is about 8 miles and right now I'm at about a 5-6 mile limit. But I do have 12 months to get ready...

Which is plenty of time! Yo can do it!

When I get home from work today, my training schedule calls for me to do 6 miles: 1/2 mile warmup, 2 miles at 9:13; 1 mile easy; 2 miles at 9:13, 1/2 mile cooldown.

For some reason I found this to be one of the hardest tempo sessions in the whole training plan so far. It took everything I had to finish it - but I did. And today not only are my quads sore but my back and arms ache like when you really had to use your whole body to push through a run. I guess that means it was a worthwhile workout though. What doesn't killyou makes you stronger. :lol:

Joel, I'm glad you were also amused by my comment about keeping the mystery alive in the race against my son. It cracks me up that he hasn't tried to figure out what my finish time will approximately be based on my workout pace. If he did, he'd know he has that Carvel sundae in the bag! LOL. I'm going to one of his cross-country races this afternoon but I wish him luck considering he was up until 1am watching the World Series last night!

fractal

Another 4.5 miles today. Nice day to run - cool and overcast. Getting ready for our 6 -10 inches of snow tomorrow. Are you kidding me?????

JillC LI

Another 4.5 miles today. Nice day to run - cool and overcast. Getting ready for our 6 -10 inches of snow tomorrow. Are you kidding me?????

I know! We have about a half inch on the grass right now and it's still coming down. There are hails balls falling intermittently, and there's a slick coating of icy material on the cement and pavement. I know I said I hated the heat of summer, but this is ridiculous in October! All I can say is that coating of ice on the cement had better melt by my run tomorrow morning! I do not want to do 7 miles on the TM.

GoofyRacer11

I ran 18 miles early this morning, but I had to run
more on the treadmill than on normal long run days
because my fingers were starting to freeze even with
2 pairs of gloves on. Besides that, I was happy with
my run and my pace was between 8-8:30 throughout
the entire run. I'm going to have to do my long run on
Friday next week because I am running a race in Columbus
on Saturday morning. Hope everyone is doing well!

joel_maxwell

I know! We have about a half inch on the grass right now and it's still coming down. There are hails balls falling intermittently, and there's a slick coating of icy material on the cement and pavement. I know I said I hated the heat of summer, but this is ridiculous in October! All I can say is that coating of ice on the cement had better melt by my run tomorrow morning! I do not want to do 7 miles on the TM.
Snow already. I did see it snowing at the Penn State game today. Wow.

I loved my 38 degree run this morning.

joel_maxwell

14.07 miles this am. About 38 degrees at start. 42 at finish.

I ran it a little faster than I wanted at a 9:12 pace. It was my super hill route. I keep adding sections of more hills to it. Love the torture. :D

Elevation change: 1256 feet gain, 1236 feet lost
Ascended: 2122
Descended: 2089

After this event is over in 2 weeks, I cant wait for more high mileage since im going for a Full again in February. This time, I keeping the super hill work since it is making me so strong. They keep getting easier form the first/last time I ran them.

Happy weekend everyone.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
2 rest days in a row :eek:
Yes, it is unheard of when it comes to me, but it's time to start training smarter instead of overkill. Many races coming up in the next few months including the 100 miler and the Goofy Challenge, and I plan on PRs.
Cheers folks.

fmingo36

2 rest days in a row :eek:

Good for you!
Your body needs the break...plus you need to save your energy to shovel this damn snow!:lol:

I got this morning up, shoveled the snow off my car and went to the gym for my morning yoga class. Got to the gym and had to turn around because the gym had NO power due to the snowstorm we got. Bummer.

Texas84

13 miles for my wife and I today, 9:57 pace.

Not bad! Wish I had someone to push me a little harder.

15.5 miles this AM, my personal best distance. 34F at start, sunny, calm. Knees behaved today. Could have went a bit further but I am NOT ready for 26 in January. Not worried though. Disney adds energy. :D

joel_maxwell

13 miles for my wife and I today, 9:57 pace.
Nice Job Steve!

Not bad! Wish I had someone to push me a little harder.

15.5 miles this AM, my personal best distance. 34F at start, sunny, calm. Knees behaved today. Could have went a bit further but I am NOT ready for 26 in January. Not worried though. Disney adds energy. :D
:lol: It seems to suck all mine away from me. That place wears me out... in a good way of course.

Good for you!
Your body needs the break...plus you need to save your energy to shovel this damn snow!:lol:

I got this morning up, shoveled the snow off my car and went to the gym for my morning yoga class. Got to the gym and had to turn around because the gym had NO power due to the snowstorm we got. Bummer.
*I will never complain about living in the south ever again*

Well, maybe once in awhile when it deals with southern rednecks. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom