What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles this am at 5:30. I was a little disappointed in the run. Not so much the run itself, but the end time. It was strange. I was running my normal pace (it seemed to be) and I was really pushing hard up the hills. The end result was my normal average pace.

Huh. Just weird. I didnt wear my watch Monday or Wednesday. Just ran for fun. So today, I was geared up for a good time, as much as I could be at 5:30am. ;)

JillC LI

I love love having a little gimp walk the day after a long run. "No dude, I dont have a rock in my shoe. I ran 15 miles before the sun came up and you were dreaming of making it to the gym."

Yeah I love that feeling of knowing how much you've already accomplished for the day while the rest of the world was fast asleep.

What did I do today? I registered for the Mississippi Blues Marathon which occurs on the same weekend as Disney. (Hey, not everybody can be at Disney World every January! :lol: ) Registration jumps $10 tomorrow or after tomorrow, so for $65 plus tax, I've got a guitar shaped finisher medal coming my way in January. :D

Good for you! Sounds like a cool race.

19.53 miles this morning. My boardwalk in Spring Lake is destroyed, thanks Irene. Sticking to the parallel road and then after that, the boardwalks are fine.
Going to do another 50 miler at the end of September; a Fall version of what I did last Saturday. Also might sign up for the Mountain Madness 50k in October just to get some bling to hold me over until Disney.

Cheers folks.

Another 50 miler so soon? Feeling bored? :animwink:

3 miles this am at 5:30. I was a little disappointed in the run. Not so much the run itself, but the end time. It was strange. I was running my normal pace (it seemed to be) and I was really pushing hard up the hills. The end result was my normal average pace.

Huh. Just weird. I didnt wear my watch Monday or Wednesday. Just ran for fun. So today, I was geared up for a good time, as much as I could be at 5:30am. ;)

Glad you clarified at the end that it was 5:30am because at the beginning of your post I was wondering if you did those 3 miles at 5:30 pace!!!!

As for me, 4 miles this morning. Training plan called for the middle 2 miles to be at 9:22 pace. I really wanted to enjoy the cool air outdoors rather than run on the TM so I tried my best to stick to a 9:22 pace but, as I've said before, I seem to have no internal clock, so I kept adjusting faster or slower based on what my Garmin said. In the end, it turned out I averaged 9:17 for those 2 tempo miles! Yay.

Oh, and those 30 minutes on the stationary bike last night were much more difficult than I anticipated. I had the tension really high and my thighs got quite a burn. I like the idea of what continuing to cross-train with it will do for me though.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.11 miles this morning while having to endure the immature taunting from a bunch of a--hole surfers in Belmar. Wasn't high school like 20 years ago??? Yeah, you can surf all day because you don't work and still live with your parents...good luck with that, a--hole. Sorry for the passive-aggressive rant. If If I would have flipped them off they certainly would have chased me down quick...damn ultra pace.

Painting the front door and drinking beer.

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Glad you clarified at the end that it was 5:30am because at the beginning of your post I was wondering if you did those 3 miles at 5:30 pace!!!!

As for me, 4 miles this morning. Training plan called for the middle 2 miles to be at 9:22 pace. I really wanted to enjoy the cool air outdoors rather than run on the TM so I tried my best to stick to a 9:22 pace but, as I've said before, I seem to have no internal clock, so I kept adjusting faster or slower based on what my Garmin said. In the end, it turned out I averaged 9:17 for those 2 tempo miles! Yay.

Oh, and those 30 minutes on the stationary bike last night were much more difficult than I anticipated. I had the tension really high and my thighs got quite a burn. I like the idea of what continuing to cross-train with it will do for me though.
If that were the case, you would be now reading my o'bit online. Best pace I have ever run a single mile was 6 minutes flat. That wasnt puking pace. I wonder what Id do if I ran that fast.

Great job on the cross training. I really need to be doing that. I need to get my bike tuned up so I can go for rides on the weekends.

scorp111

Wow...
At least I didn't fall.

A tough run though, still over 90 degrees when I started around 8pm, with over 40% humidity making the feels like temperature even worse. Literally like running underwater.... Add the fact that I ate dinner a couple of hours before, and it was miserable. Felt like bricks in my stomach, not just heavy, but sharp pointy bricks trying to rearrange my insides. Ugh. The ankles held up ok, the left one is almost normal, the right one is discolored, but was ok tonight as long as I kept the pace slow, so I did. I figure a few days of slower runs is better than a few days with no runs at all. Going away to camp in Cherokee NC this weekend, so we will see how it does

4 miles at 10:30 pace... but at least it is something.

Great runs by all of you the past couple of days!

scorp111

What a difference 10 hours can make! Same route as last night, 6 minutes quicker. Not only quicker, but felt a ton better. And I didn't fall!

Happy Friday everyone, I am going to try to slip out of work a few hours early this afternoon to start the long weekend =)

JillC LI

If that were the case, you would be now reading my o'bit online. Best pace I have ever run a single mile was 6 minutes flat. That wasnt puking pace. I wonder what Id do if I ran that fast.

Great job on the cross training. I really need to be doing that. I need to get my bike tuned up so I can go for rides on the weekends.

LOL. I've always wondered how fast I could run a single mile. Never tried it. My son did 7:22 in 5th grade a year and a half ago - that's what I'm up against in my 5K. :hammer:

When I ride my bike outside, I always get requests from the kids to accompany me so it isn't much of a workout. It's nice though. Stationary bike was much more of a workout.

I'm gonna have to get up early to run this weekend because it's supposed to be hot, humid, and rainy here most of the holiday weekend. Bummer because I was going to host a big family BBQ on Labor Day (15 people). I think we'll change it to heros in light of the weather.

Blueliner

5 miles for us this morning - getting slightly cooler! :)

I'm jealous! In Birmingham, AL, we have been locked into pretty hot weather. I am trying to work my way back into "playing shape" for a half marathon in late November, and it was still about 90 degrees for my 6:00 p.m. run last night. Three easy miles felt like a full-effort 10K.

Phonedave

9 miles last night. Not blistering 1:36:00 but not much off the sub 10's I shoot for. I guess taking a month or so off didn't hurt me THAT much.

Should be ready for the Wine and Dine.

-dave

GoofyRacer11

Another good long run this week. Ran 17 miles and
my pace was about 8-8:30 per mile. Legs are feeling
great. Will definitely be ready for the Goofy Challenge.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21.13 miles yesterday.
119.44 miles for the week, Monday-Saturday.
Beer was had, icing will commence, and French toast will be cooked in a few.

Cheers folks!

OK. I need some help. I haven't ran in the past 4 years because I have a severe case of plantar fascitis. My feet have been feeling good lately and I want to get back into running again. Question is, how should I do this? How slow should I start (miles per run)? When should I increase? Any help would be appreciated.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
OK. I need some help. I haven't ran in the past 4 years because I have a severe case of plantar fascitis. My feet have been feeling good lately and I want to get back into running again. Question is, how should I do this? How slow should I start (miles per run)? When should I increase? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you are properly fitted at a dedicated running shoe store.
Don't worry about numbers, pacing, miles right now...just go SLOW and see how your body feels. Your body will let you know what's going on let's say for your first mile.

Mr mom

Make sure you are properly fitted at a dedicated running shoe store.
Don't worry about numbers, pacing, miles right now...just go SLOW and see how your body feels. Your body will let you know what's going on let's say for your first mile.

Agreed, let your body do the talking

Mr mom

21.13 miles yesterday.
119.44 miles for the week, Monday-Saturday.
Beer was had, icing will commence, and French toast will be cooked in a few.

Cheers folks!

You are a machine DD. My leg is all healed but I spent two weeks at Disney and I never ran, ate like a horse though,lol. I am getting back on track but between work and trying to get kickstarted, 4 miles is my max right now which sucks as I was doing 9.5 before my injury. Slow and steady though, I'll get back there soon enough.

fmingo36

Hi Everyone.
I'M BACK! :wave:
Completed the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in 2:38:55. I had a HORRIBLE 5K pace due to the horrendous crowds at the start, through DTD, and the parks. But once I hit the streets of Anaheim, I got into my groove and just kept running.
The race was OK, nothing like the ones in Florida. It really was more of an Anaheim race than a Disney race. We spent a lot of time running through the streets of Anaheim with the only entertainment being local high school marching bands and cheerleaders. I mean I appreciate the support but I signed up for a DISNEY race and was looking for the Disney magic.
The finishing line area was a mess and there NO characters once you got your medal to take pictures with.
I will be posting pictures on my Facebook page hopefully either later today or tomorrow.
One major highlight for me, aftert the race as I was in line to go through the bag check (for the parks) to get back to the race transportation shuttle (another DISASTER that I will detail later), a gentleman in front of me says, "Hey, you're on WDWmagic, right? You're fmingo. Hey, I'm Wilt Dasney (aka BJ)!" Of course we talked about the race and took a picture or two. So cool!!! Love this Disney running family we got here!!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
CORYNA!!! I followed you on the runDisney tracker...I knew it was the crow affecting your pace. Congratulations though, and I got he pic you sent too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom