What did you do?

scorp111

Did an easy 4 miles this morning. Doing the Columbus Half-Marathon tomorrow morning.
All the best!

Thanks for the suggestions- will have to try that next week.

Today's run: 3.11 miles, 32:35, avg pace: 10:22/mi. In spite of telling myself to just run the run, I ended up running faster anyway.... wondering if it's because I was finally able to shed some of they layers- beautiful afternoon here in metro-Detroit! My actual time elapsed from start to finish was more like 35:00 though- had to stop for a couple minutes to stretch out a killer side stitch after mile 2. However, mile 3 was my fastest pace yet. Either way, I'm ready- bring on Everest! :-D Flying down tomorrow after work, ready to conquer my mountain Saturday! Here's to graduating C25K! :)
All the best to you as well!

Anyway, 14.15 miles this morning. My splits were a little scattered; 7:30-9:30
13 pushups at the 7 mile mark at this one pavilion and another 13 back at home.

Cheers everyone.
A machine indeed!

This is true. Give'm hell Nick.

I have implemented your push-up method at the end of my exercises. I do 20 regular, 20 wide and 20 diamond push-ups.
Tough 60 push ups there Joel.

I guess I am going to have start as well :)

Ran 5 miles at 9:10 overall, but I was actually doing half mile intervals with half mile active recovery in between.

One mile warm up at 9:13
Three half-mile intervals, with half-mile slow runs in between: 3:50, 3:49, and 3:53
One finishing mile at 8:59

JillC LI

Haven't been able to run for 3 days because my husband had surgery and I can't leave him alone yet. He's doing better though and I hope to be able to get out for a Mother's Day morning long run tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

Texas84

I went to Animal Kingdom! We were talking to some of the CMs about having to work the race tonight. I'm not running, just a visit this time

Phonedave

What's a diamond pushup?

Also called a heart to heart.

Make your thumbs and forefingers into a diamond.

When you do the push up, the diamond made by your fingers touches your sternum. Very narrow stance push ups

Today 5 miles and then the P90X Ab-ripper X module (I have to keep up with this crazy group somehow)

-dave

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Put your hands together on the floor so your index fingers are touching and your thumbs are touching below that. Then, do a push up so that your "diamond" hits your chest. They are also called Heart to Heart. They are very difficult since they rely on your triceps. My triceps have always been a strong suit for me. I love those type push ups.

You're a gluten for punishment! LOL

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
87.72 miles this week with my push-up routine incorporated pre, mid, and post run. Legs are feeling ok and next week I kick my ultra training back up again: 3+ hour runs every day with a 30-40 miler on one of those days.
Today is an Arrogant ______________ drinking day.
Cheers folks!

scorp111

87.72 miles this week with my push-up routine incorporated pre, mid, and post run. Legs are feeling ok and next week I kick my ultra training back up again: 3+ hour runs every day with a 30-40 miler on one of those days.
Today is an Arrogant ______________ drinking day.
Cheers folks!

RoboNick the machine. All I have :)

I did a recovery 10K at 9:45 per mile.
It was supposed to be a long slow 8 miler, but just wasn't feeling it. I guess my speed work took more out of my legs than I thought yesterday. Since I don't have any races soon, I adjusted, and just made it a 10K recovery run. It was almost 80 degrees by the time I finished

Had a nice 1.2 mile walk for a cool down afterward.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
RoboNick the machine. All I have :)

I did a recovery 10K at 9:45 per mile.
It was supposed to be a long slow 8 miler, but just wasn't feeling it. I guess my speed work took more out of my legs than I thought yesterday. Since I don't have any races soon, I adjusted, and just made it a 10K recovery run. It was almost 80 degrees by the time I finished

Had a nice 1.2 mile walk for a cool down afterward.

Thanks Steve. And I hope your recovery run went well.

dreamfinder

Finished the Columbus Capital City Half-Marathon this morning. Ran between a 1:35:00 and 1:36:00, which is at least a 2 minute PR.

Congrats.

And ditto. Except mine wasn't at Columbus. Did a 1:35:16, a PR by almost 5 minutes. Was trying to break the 35 mark though. Oh well. Course was way hillier than I thought for.

GoofyRacer11

Congrats.

And ditto. Except mine wasn't at Columbus. Did a 1:35:16, a PR by almost 5 minutes. Was trying to break the 35 mark though. Oh well. Course was way hillier than I thought for.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well.

I was shooting for 1:32:00 or less, but considering that my sinus drainage decided to start acting up on me for the majority of the race, I am happy with the time. I got another half-marathon in Cleveland this weekend so hopefully I can cut my time down by at least 4 minutes.

JillC LI

Glorious 7 mile run on Mother's Day morning yesterday. It was great to get out of the house finally, and it was so nice out if a tad warm for running: upper 60s with an occasional breeze. Just enjoyed the sun and the blossoming trees and flowers, and the feeling of a good run. When I got home, my kids gave me some great home-made gifts, and my husband gave me some gifts including a mug with my favorite saying - the saying that was on my marathon training journal: Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Love it!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
15.10 miles this morning, and 39 push-ups (divided during my run).
The weather has been really nice and really sunny with no cloud-cover in the Great State, and I tan really easily, so I'm looking like a reverse-raccoon because I wear shades.

Probably the same numbers tomorrow, and a 30 miler on Wednesday.

Beer now. Cheers folks.

Phonedave

15.10 miles this morning, and 39 push-ups (divided during my run).
The weather has been really nice and really sunny with no cloud-cover in the Great State, and I tan really easily, so I'm looking like a reverse-raccoon because I wear shades.

Probably the same numbers tomorrow, and a 30 miler on Wednesday.

Beer now. Cheers folks.

Tell me about it. I ran, coached softball, and turned my garden over.

I got quite a bit of color as well.

Nice job with the run / push up combo.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Tough 60 push ups there Joel.

I guess I am going to have start as well :)

Ran 5 miles at 9:10 overall, but I was actually doing half mile intervals with half mile active recovery in between.

One mile warm up at 9:13
Three half-mile intervals, with half-mile slow runs in between: 3:50, 3:49, and 3:53
One finishing mile at 8:59
Thanks. I like pushups. :lookaroun

Interesting set you are doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom