What did you do?

Seriously if you are not getting ready for a close, upcoming race, I would take a couple of days to recover. Your training won't suffer.

And your next run probably will be better for the rest!

To answer the OP's question, I'm looking forward to a 4 miler tonight when I get off work. (Hoping the right knee tweak from last weekend is better).

fmingo36

Just got back from the gym.
25 minutes on the stair-climber and ran for 3.1 miles. (getting ready for a 5K in a few weeks)

GoofyRacer11

I usually do 3 days of strength training and 4 days of running. Lately I have only been doing the lifting.

Today was my first day back to running, after 3 months of injury.

fmingo36

I have to say post-marathon, the last thing I wanted to do was run. I still would go to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and do classes, weights, bike, elliptical, stair, etc..but didn't get on the treadmill at all. I signed up to do a 5k in three weeks so I just started running again.
I guess I have to have a reason to run.

frank2271

I have to say post-marathon, the last thing I wanted to do was run. I still would go to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and do classes, weights, bike, elliptical, stair, etc..but didn't get on the treadmill at all. I signed up to do a 5k in three weeks so I just started running again.
I guess I have to have a reason to run.

I am the same way, after the Princess my wife and I decided to stop for two months. We were training so much for the half that I know we were over doing it so we figured we would give it a rest for a bit. We have been xtraining and doing weights since. But on May 1st the training for the Wine and Dine starts, this time it will be more slowly. Learn from your mistakes.

Phonedave

I am the same way, after the Princess my wife and I decided to stop for two months. We were training so much for the half that I know we were over doing it so we figured we would give it a rest for a bit. We have been xtraining and doing weights since. But on May 1st the training for the Wine and Dine starts, this time it will be more slowly. Learn from your mistakes.

I am *trying* to maintain 19-20 miles a week over 4 days. 3-5-3-8

No strength training, but then coaching girls softball and cramming in my Taekwondo class when I can does not really leave any extra time.

I figure I will keep the run schedule as it is for a while, and then when softball ends around mid May I'll start ramping up the mileage for the Wine and Dine.

-dave

Phonedave

4 and change today.

Still not 100% on the cardio with whatever illness I had, but much much better.

Planned on 5, at 3 I felt so good I decided to push it to 6, then at 4+ my left knee went *ping* and that was the end of that.

Damn IT band again. I have learned that if I don't stretch it enough, it will hurt - bad. If I don't stop, it will knock me out for a few days. If I stop as soon as it hurts, I can be back out there after a day or two. So stopping it was.

-dave

lukacseven

6 mile tune-up last night. Running a 1/2 this weekend and a 10 miler the following Sunday, then some time off - my next race isn't until October. My ultimate goal is to beat my innaugural Disney 1/2 time from 2006 by one hour. I have 11 more minutes to go from my previous P.R. and about 8 months 'til Dinsey 2011.

frank2271

I've started my cardio two-a-days at the gym. Trying to slim down a little more before I hit the pavement next month. (Maybe if I'm 10 pounds lighter I'll go faster???? LOL!) :lol:

frank2271

Going to hit the pavement of the "Magic Kingdom" today (jealous much?) LOL. Not running, dodging the crowds, wish me luck. We have family down from MA and they want to go to Disney, so we are taking them. I'll let you know how it was tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Frank

fmingo36

Going to hit the pavement of the "Magic Kingdom" today (jealous much?) LOL. Not running, dodging the crowds, wish me luck. We have family down from MA and they want to go to Disney, so we are taking them. I'll let you know how it was tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Frank

YUP-I'm jealous!
Have fun!!!

Phonedave

Did 5.25 last night.

Not exactly fast, but that does not bother me. Good thing was I was feeling great. No IT band pain, and the lungs are working again. Could have gone for more, but had to get to a lodge meeting.

I like running when it is a little nasty out, and this was perfect. Not too bad to be horrible, but bad enought to be fun. Big black thunderclouds comming in over the river. Winds blowing like crazy, and periods of reletively lite, but still stinging rain. Makes the run interesting.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom