What did you do?

Blueliner

I ran six miles last night at 9:00 p.m., trying to get in the right frame of mind for the 10:00 p.m. Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon start. :sohappy:

It felt good. I'm still trying to build my base back up after inconsistent traning over the past six months.

Phonedave

Just finished my 30 minutes. Does this ever become anything less than torture???

Off to fake-n-bake...

Yes :)

Honestly, I look foward to running, I like running, and I love the feeling afterward.

However, the first 5+ minutes or so of most runs I HATE. It takes me that long to get in the right mindset.

-dave

fmingo36

I ran six miles last night at 9:00 p.m., trying to get in the right frame of mind for the 10:00 p.m. Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon start. :sohappy:

I was thinking about the late start too. I usually in bed by 10:00. :snore:

I got used to running early in the AM because the Princess 1/2 marathon started at 6:00 AM. Guess I'll have to rethink my race training for October.

sweetpee_1993

Yes :)

Honestly, I look foward to running, I like running, and I love the feeling afterward.

However, the first 5+ minutes or so of most runs I HATE. It takes me that long to get in the right mindset.

-dave

When you say it like that I can definitely identify. The first 5 minutes or so are the worst but once I get going I'm okay. I like it pretty well up until right at the end when I'm getting tired and pushing on. I loooove how running makes me feel afterward & throughout the day. And it is the best thing in the whole world for my insomnia because I have little to no trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep. I just hate those first 5 minutes....and sweating. I could so lose the sweating. Lol! I'm too girly, I know. Lol!

frank2271

Good Morning all,

MK was great yesterday. The Spring Break crowd wasn't as bad as I expected. Most rides had 60 minute waits, just grin and bear it. Weather was perfect, mid 80's, clear and sunny.

It was tough eating healthy in the park. I had a hot dog, salad and apple for lunch and a tuna salad sandwich, salad and apple for dinner. All the sit down restaurants were booked up (of course) so we hit Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbour House. A zip-lock bag of almonds kept us walking past the ice cream (except a Dole Float, pineapple is healthy, LOL) and the popcorn. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Today is a double hitter for me, I hit the gym for cardio this morning and I'll hit it again with my wife tonight when she gets home from work. Then I take the weekend off, since I have to work YUCK!!!! :hurl:

I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Frank

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
First run outside of the season for me today. I ran my 3.75 mile loop that starts and ends at my house.

I'm definitely not used to running inclines, but that will come with time, and I felt good about both the distance and time for the first time outside.

sweetpee_1993

I made my 30 minutes this morning in spite of a late start and yucky weather. Y'all will laugh but they finally fixed the gate at the front of our neighborhood so I was totally worried I'd forget my code to get back in and be dancing around outside the gate wishing someone would come open it. I bet 3/4 of my run I was silently chanting the code along to the beat of the music. I'm so bad with remembering numbers! :hammer:

Phonedave

Off for about 2 hours of coaching 5th / 6th grade girls softball (trust me, it's exercise) and then when it's over I'll see how far I want to run.

-dave

Phonedave

I made my 30 minutes this morning in spite of a late start and yucky weather. Y'all will laugh but they finally fixed the gate at the front of our neighborhood so I was totally worried I'd forget my code to get back in and be dancing around outside the gate wishing someone would come open it. I bet 3/4 of my run I was silently chanting the code along to the beat of the music. I'm so bad with remembering numbers! :hammer:

Thats funny

but ...

I'll bet the run was one of your easier ones. You mind was on remembering the code, and not on any of the aches and pains you may have had. I bet you would go a mile or two without realizing it.

-dave

fmingo36

Here's a laugh for everyone today---
I fell off the treadmill!!! :hammer:

I was pushing it to on a 7.2 speed and my knee gave out and down I went.
I'm fine but oh...I was sooooooo embarrassed! :eek:

I felt like one of the chubbys from The Biggest Loser. TIMBER! :lol:

Phonedave

Here's a laugh for everyone today---
I fell off the treadmill!!! :hammer:

I was pushing it to on a 7.2 speed and my knee gave out and down I went.
I'm fine but oh...I was sooooooo embarrassed! :eek:

I felt like one of the chubbys from The Biggest Loser. TIMBER! :lol:

Ouch ! Both from a physical sense and from an ego sense :)

I am glad you are OK.

Thats one of the reasons I don't like the treadmill. I am pretty big (6' 4") and have a longer stride. I also tend to 'zone out' when I run. I have clipped the plastic fairing on the treadmills a few times when I get into a run, but never fallen.

Just thinking about it, you were lucky you were not hurt. Was this at a guy, or at home ?

-dave

Phonedave

Off for about 2 hours of coaching 5th / 6th grade girls softball (trust me, it's exercise) and then when it's over I'll see how far I want to run.

-dave

Well, got done coaching around 5:00 PM (Both my girl's teams got hammered - but the season is young. We had some good bouts of pitching, fielding, and hitting - just need to string them together)

Anyway

Came, home, went out and did 9.43 miles at an average of 11:19 mile. Slow, slow, slow, but at around 4.5 miles, my old nemesis the IT band started acting back up. This thing is really starting to get to me. I ran when I could and walked quite a bit for the second half of the distance.

At least I know that if it happens to me during a WDW event, I can still keep ahead of the sweepers (but I would rather it didn't happen at all)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31141485

-dave

fmingo36

Ouch ! Both from a physical sense and from an ego sense :)

I am glad you are OK.

Thats one of the reasons I don't like the treadmill. I am pretty big (6' 4") and have a longer stride. I also tend to 'zone out' when I run. I have clipped the plastic fairing on the treadmills a few times when I get into a run, but never fallen.

Just thinking about it, you were lucky you were not hurt. Was this at a guy, or at home ?

-dave

Dave,
I was at the GYM! Apparently this must happen alot because no one even flinched.

I would much prefer to run outside, but unfortunately at this time I do not have anyone to watch my children while I run and my gym offers daycare.
I actually signed up for this gym last December so I could get runs in during the winter months while training for the princess 1/2 marathon. I must admit I do like have a trainer (2 sessions a month w/ membership). And she just happens to run 1/2 marathons and has gave me such great encouragement while training.

Phonedave

Dave,
I was at the GYM! Apparently this must happen alot because no one even flinched.

I would much prefer to run outside, but unfortunately at this time I do not have anyone to watch my children while I run and my gym offers daycare.
I actually signed up for this gym last December so I could get runs in during the winter months while training for the princess 1/2 marathon. I must admit I do like have a trainer (2 sessions a month w/ membership). And she just happens to run 1/2 marathons and has gave me such great encouragement while training.

I know the feeling - sometimes I can't run because I have my kids. My gym has daycare too, but I have never used it. My gym puts a 30 minute limit on the cardio equipment, so you really can't do any long running. However my gym is open 24 hours during the week. So if my kids are at my ex's I can go at 11:00 PM and run till 12:30 AM and nobody complains at that hour.

-dave

HollyBelle

Brett volunteered at a local half yesterday morning and found some motivation. Therefore, this evening was our first time out since the Princess Half... we ran a rough 2.5 miles. Ughhh I feel so out of shape.

fmingo36

Brett volunteered at a local half yesterday morning and found some motivation. Therefore, this evening was our first time out since the Princess Half... we ran a rough 2.5 miles. Ughhh I feel so out of shape.

Holly,

Isn't it amazing how quickly the endurance and training goes out the window.

HollyBelle

Absolutely, Coryna! I swear... it's so depressing how quickly you find yourself back at square one. Not that I was in all that great of shape for the Princess or anything. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom