What did you do?

sweetpee_1993

Did 20 minutes of intense abs, arms, & legs work. ((loooove the Quick Fix series of DVDs)) Immediately following I did another 15 minutes on my stair stepper at a fast pace. When time is an issue this is a great solution. Plus, I'm trying to get myself back in shape all over. Good stuff. Hopefully tonight I can break out the sneakers and go for a run.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did 3 miles yesterday...outside again.

Thinking about starting another round of P90X next week to keep my muscle tone up...

fractal

Thinking about starting another round of P90X next week to keep my muscle tone up...

I'm in the middle of my third week of P90X - I did it for about 60 days a few years ago.

Yesterday was "legs and back" - today is a "cardio" day and it looks nice outside so I planning to run on my very sore legs. I will often substitute a run for the cardio days.

lukacseven

I ran the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon (Allentown, PA) on Sunday. Nice road/trail run with stadium finish. Despite raining the entire race, the course support and spectators were great. There were live bands about every 2 miles. Did the Christopher MacDougall barefoot seminar at the Expo. Fun weekend...back to training tonight...Broad Street Run (Philadelphia) this weekend.

Phonedave

I like P90X - I did a full rotation on it a year or so ago.

I would not mind doing it again but I have a hard time doing it 6 days a week.

With running 4 days a week, a day of Tae Kwon Do (that was yesterday BTW - warm ups were "the wall of pain" stretchy stretchy :) ) and coaching girs softball I would have to quit my job to fit it in. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, but I like to pay my bills too.

-dave

frank2271

I did P90X and really liked it, the workouts were tough, the cardio wasn't enough so I ran instead. The diet was the hardest part, but it is required for results. Good Luck.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I like P90X - I did a full rotation on it a year or so ago.

I would not mind doing it again but I have a hard time doing it 6 days a week.

With running 4 days a week, a day of Tae Kwon Do (that was yesterday BTW - warm ups were "the wall of pain" stretchy stretchy :) ) and coaching girs softball I would have to quit my job to fit it in. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, but I like to pay my bills too.

-dave

I modified it for my running. I took out the cardio days and ran on those days instead. I ran 3 days a week and lifted 3 days a week...it was a nice round workout.

I feel like I'm missing structure right now....so might fire it back up.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
Finally got back out after set backs and my wife's surgery. Did 3 miles today at an 8:30/mile pace. Felt pretty good, morning run for a change and it was finally warm!

fractal

I logged another 4 miles today. 3 miles of a steady jog ( around a 10:00 pace) and then the last mile I alternated walking and full sprints.

It was fun and got a good lather going in the warm, humid afternoon.

Phonedave

I did something like 5 on Sunday. Was planning on more, but holy freaking heat, even at 10:00 AM, so I just bagged it.

Today was Taekwondo. Lots of stretching, crescent kicks, and roundhouses. Works a different set of leg muscles than running.

-dave

Wilt Dasney

Finished my first competitive 5K on Saturday, just a hair under 30 minutes.

Guess it's time to start training for my first 10K now. :lol:

lukacseven

Today, I am continuing to rest. Ran the Broad Street Run (Philadelphia) on Sunday. 30,000 people and 60 (yes, sixty) degrees warmer than it was for the Disney Marathon. My next race isn't until October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom