What did you do?

Texas84

It was cold and drizzling the entire Princess 5K today. Clarissa said during pre-race they were expecting temperatures in the high 30s tomorrow for the 10K. :jawdrop: Few were prepared...it was mid 80s Thursday. I think I bought out the remaining stock of zippered hoodies at Walmart after the race this AM. It's frigging cold and the rain & fog isn't helping.
I'm there next week to not race and it's supposed to be chilly. Good luck with the rest of the weekend.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
2.25 miles tonight. If my friend sends the picture she took of the pink sky over the mountains across the lake from us, I'll post it. It was such a beautiful sight to watch as we ran.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I really could have used that weather in January. I ran the Marathon on January 12, 2020. It was in the mid 80s and humid.
I am from the Northeast. Temps in the 30s & 40s are my sweet spot for 10k & Half Marathons.

Few were prepared. The Floridians were near death.... 😉

LAKid53

Premium Member
I ran 4 miles last night. I have been having serious problems with my Garmin. It is not connecting to my computer.

I had the same issue with my Fitbits, which is why I now use Garmin...have no issues syncing.

Glad I dumped Fitbit after reading Google bought them.

LAKid53

Premium Member
6.2 miles. And here's the proof, @Swissmiss

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200222091901293_COVER.jpg

Texas84

Ran my 50th 10K this morning. 27F at start, 32 at finish. But the sun was out and no wind. Really nice morning for a run.

This was a straight run down to the river then a bus took us back to the start. Last two miles all down hill. We got a nice cheer as we passed the 5K start. Really enjoyed it.

OG Runner

Ran my 50th 10K this morning. 27F at start, 32 at finish. But the sun was out and no wind. Really nice morning for a run.

This was a straight run down to the river then a bus took us back to the start. Last two miles all down hill. We got a nice cheer as we passed the 5K start. Really enjoyed it.
Congratulations.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
To take advantage of the glorious weather (lower 60s) I went for a 2 mile run by the lake. I was regretting my choice of a long sleeve running top, but I was glad that I pulled out one of my running skirts, because it was warm. I don’t know what some of the other people out there were thinking when they got dressed - one guy was in shorts over running tights, vest over long sleeve t-shirt. Or the woman in the running tights and a winter running jacket.

LAKid53

Premium Member
To take advantage of the glorious weather (lower 60s) I went for a 2 mile run by the lake. I was regretting my choice of a long sleeve running top, but I was glad that I pulled out one of my running skirts, because it was warm. I don’t know what some of the other people out there were thinking when they got dressed - one guy was in shorts over running tights, vest over long sleeve t-shirt. Or the woman in the running tights and a winter running jacket.

Tourists?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Tourists?

Could be, but probably not. Most winter tourists fly in and go directly to the mountains to ski. It’s pretty typical for all non-skiers around here to head to the lakeside when the sun is out (even when it’s cold) because the winter months can get drab.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Took advantage of the last spring like day to do some speed work down by the lake. I was pretty tired by the end, but since I rarely do this type of workout, it felt oddly satisfying as wel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom