What did you do?

dreamfinder

2@.5@10 today.

So unmotivated to run ... which is usually when I need it most 😉. So I looked towards the mountains and saw the storm coming in, looked towards my neighborhood and saw some faint blue patches in the clouds and quickly changed to run the 2.2 miles home. A good third of it was with with the wind pushing against me but I managed to get home just before the storm hit 😃

Nothing like a pending storm to make you keep going.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just under 2.5 miles this morning - it was sunny, but COLD (I waited until it warmed up to 40 F.) Since it is such a beautiful day, most people are up in the mountains skiing, which meant most people around the lakeside were runners

dreamfinder

2.05@.5, 1.5@10, .55@8:57.

Quick poll, within a discussion. What running shoes are you currrently using?

New Balance something or other. Which is terrible of me, I always knew exactly what model, generation and colorway I was in, but as my mileage has gone down a lot, I don't need to replace them nearly as often, so I'm just going through my stockpile from the last sale at the outlet.

Texas84

February weather in the southeast continues. Yes, this is normal for us.

2.5 miles Tuesday 63F
2.5 miles Thursday 70F
5 miles Saturday 35F
Core Wednesday & Sunday

Same this week, another front, freezing by Saturday for a local 10K. Should give me a good qualifying time.

Here's a view from my Saturday run. February flowering trees looking good. Cherry trees next month if we get enough cold weather.
IMG_0746.JPG

OG Runner

I was wondering on the shoes as I have switched a bit over the last few years. I ran the 2014 & 2015 Disney marathon in Saucony Kinvaras. (honestly forget the number). I ran the 2018 Disney marathon in a pair a New Balance. I am currently running in Hoka One One Clifton 6s.
I looked at a pair of Kinvara 10s yesterday and they just seem too tight. I was a bit disappointed. They are the lightest shoes I have ever run in.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I’m using both New Balance 1400v6 and Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit. The New Balances are my go-to and what I use for most races and anything over a 10k. I love how lightweight they are and they fit me just right (even used them on a 50k trail run last weekend). The Nike’s are comfortable but slightly heavier than the 1400’s (although still very light in the grand scheme of things) and a little snug on me, so I’m too worried to use them for longer distances where blisters and such can become an issue.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

2.25@.5, 1.5@8:57, 1@8:27.

Not able to run this week due to the storms rolling through the south. Cardio indoors instead. I hate yoga.

As someone who barely practices (I know people who practice more in a week than I have in the last 5 years, and I'm about as flexible as an oak tree) I'd counter that you simply haven't found the right style. I've been in yoga classes that hands down are a bigger workout than any bootcamp or cardio class I've ever seen, and I've been in yoga classes where I have literally fallen asleep during the class (and it wasn't even during shavasana). Painting with a broad brush here, but gym yoga isn't a good example of the different types of yoga out there.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Brooks Ghost and Glycerin. Ghost for the shorter distances and Glycerin for Half's. Love the brand.

Used to wear Asics...loved the cusheness, but with each new version, the toe box narrowed and I'd get horrible blisters. Moving to wide width didn't help.

For those mourning the closing of the Fit2Run store in Disney Springs, I was talking to one of the managers at the Expo yesterday. They are negotiating with Disney to open another store somewhere in the Springs. It wasn't high rent that forced them to close. Disney threw them out - wouldn't renew their lease - for an M&Ms candy store. Disney had led them to believe the space was needed to expand Splitsville.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
February weather in the southeast continues. Yes, this is normal for us.

2.5 miles Tuesday 63F
2.5 miles Thursday 70F
5 miles Saturday 35F
Core Wednesday & Sunday

Same this week, another front, freezing by Saturday for a local 10K. Should give me a good qualifying time.

Here's a view from my Saturday run. February flowering trees looking good. Cherry trees next month if we get enough cold weather.
View attachment 449649

It was cold and drizzling the entire Princess 5K today. Clarissa said during pre-race they were expecting temperatures in the high 30s tomorrow for the 10K. :jawdrop: Few were prepared...it was mid 80s Thursday. I think I bought out the remaining stock of zippered hoodies at Walmart after the race this AM. It's frigging cold and the rain & fog isn't helping.

OG Runner

It was cold and drizzling the entire Princess 5K today. Clarissa said during pre-race they were expecting temperatures in the high 30s tomorrow for the 10K. :jawdrop: Few were prepared...it was mid 80s Thursday. I think I bought out the remaining stock of zippered hoodies at Walmart after the race this AM. It's frigging cold and the rain & fog isn't helping.

I really could have used that weather in January. I ran the Marathon on January 12, 2020. It was in the mid 80s and humid.
I am from the Northeast. Temps in the 30s & 40s are my sweet spot for 10k & Half Marathons.

Texas84

2.25@.5, 1.5@8:57, 1@8:27.

As someone who barely practices (I know people who practice more in a week than I have in the last 5 years, and I'm about as flexible as an oak tree) I'd counter that you simply haven't found the right style. I've been in yoga classes that hands down are a bigger workout than any bootcamp or cardio class I've ever seen, and I've been in yoga classes where I have literally fallen asleep during the class (and it wasn't even during shavasana). Painting with a broad brush here, but gym yoga isn't a good example of the different types of yoga out there.
My cardio workout has a yoga segment. I hate it because it kicks my ***. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom